Author Topic: v1.0.7.6->v1.0.7.8 Changelog  (Read 14094 times)

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
v1.0.7.6->v1.0.7.8 Changelog
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:12:21 AM »
Live Patch Notes for version 1.0.7.8.
Download 1.0.7.6 → 1.0.7.8
Previous Patch: 1.0.7.4 → 1.0.7.6

Changes: Final
[Fixed] Fixed a "Effector Data Mismatch" bug that many people were experiencing.
[Fixed] Significantly improved performance with AIs late-game.
[Fixed] Fixed a memory leak when loading a saved game.
[Fixed] Autosaves are now disabled when paused.
[Fixed] Planets with extremely low population are no longer useless until purged.
[Fixed] Pirates were not updating their hulls, leaving them very vulnerable as the game progressed.
[Fixed] Pirates were starting with random tech levels, sometimes causing them to be excessively powerful.
[Fixed] "Update Threshold" on blueprints is no longer lost when saving the blueprint.
[Fixed] Mining lasers with an emergency power supplying all the power needs caused an error.
[Fixed] Ammo usage wasn't updating when a modifier that affected it was added.
[Fixed] Pausing the game in multiplayer could cause newly connected clients to divide by zero in their interpolation, making stars vanish.
[Changed] When a planet is lost, everything yet to be built, and without any progress, are removed from the build queue.
[Changed] Reduced AI difficulty on lower AI settings.
[Changed] The right-click menu is now implemented in scripts.
[Balance] Planetary weapons gain range when on a Ringworld (10x base range).
[Balance] Fighter Hulls can now be made bigger as their tech level is increased.
[Added] Multiplayer option to prevent AIs from taking over player empires when they disconnect.
[Added] Added three special types of systems that offer unique tactical choices.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:11:23 AM by Thy Reaper »

KaidenOZ

• View Profile
Re: Live Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:47:18 AM »
looking good again,  would it be possible to make it so i can unbind the "t" shortcut for in game IRC as im still getting lockups anytime i so much as look at the T key ingame.  being able to unbind it would be very useful.  also.  to avoid having to wait 10 years for steam to patch the game, is it nessicary to purchase the game again via one of the other digital download groups? getting to a pivital point where getting my hands on the patches as early as possible would be really nice rather then waiting for steam to crush my hopes by having to wait oh so much longer.
YES!  i know my spelling and grammar is bad!  i have this crazy brain to screen streaming thing that defies logic and spell checkers.  so if you know what i'm saying, regardless of how bad the spelling is, plus i don't sleep for days on end *shakes fist at insomnia*

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:20:14 AM »
In your user files (My Documents/My Games/Star Ruler), open autoexec.ini with a text editor, and add a new line "bind t" (without quotes). That should prevent you from accidentally opening it. Also, have you updated Windows recently?

It is up to you if you purchase on another service, but Steam is usually updated within a day.

KaidenOZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:44:06 AM »
cheers mate,  will try the bind t thing.  yeah windows is all up to date unfortunatly.
YES!  i know my spelling and grammar is bad!  i have this crazy brain to screen streaming thing that defies logic and spell checkers.  so if you know what i'm saying, regardless of how bad the spelling is, plus i don't sleep for days on end *shakes fist at insomnia*

KaidenOZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 02:57:58 AM »
just was having a new game then and had a thought. early expasion is hampered by supporting new colonies.  was grabbing the planets in my system with gov off so as not to draw early heavily on the bank.  is it/would it be possible to disallow access to the bank or turn buildings off?because even though i was not building anything the new worlds still would draw much needed metal from the galactic bank to get there own storage up to 100% regardless of me building anything or not.  so set up a new colony but turn off the starport so its not accessing the bank until IM ready to open the planet up to exspansion.... i know i could just not colonise it as an alternative but personally i would rather have the ability to remove gal bank access or turn off the start port at the early point so i can better control where my much lacking early game minerals go...  just a thought.

Blind_Rifleman

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:13:00 AM »
If your planets got to 100%, it means that the spaceports could not keep up with the resource production on planet. The spaceports will always try to keep the planet at 50% (or 95% if stockpiling civil act is used), importing when below, and exporting when above. It should never bring up stockpiles to 100%, that can only be done by on-planet production.

You should upgrade that planets spaceports, or build more, so it can send out it's excess resources to the bank.
Reaper codes faster than brains process.

KaidenOZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:28:33 AM »
was refering too the very first game stage when your pumping resorces into new planets.  as soon as colonizer deploys to planet...a spaceport is built...and planets resorces start at zero...it has no production yet the galactic bank will try to push it up to 50% im looking for a way or an ability to stop the planet from getting resorces till im ready without destroying the spaceport which in itself would make the colony completly useless.  its not that colonizeing many planets grinds the economy to a halt, but more this uncontrolled planetary need to be at 50% for all resorces.  even if you do not build anything on the planet after colonizer is deployed or if you have no govener set.  it will still try to get the planet to 50% for metal/adv/elec.  would be nice to be able to say..hey bitch,  no you cant have any just quite yet,  you are a prospecting colony until i deem it ok for you to have access to the bank. would make it possible to take planets and expand...but not nessicarly DEVELOP those worlds.  should be development that slaughters your empires coffers....not just stockpileing crap on them regardless of what your plans are.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 07:32:38 AM by KaidenOZ »

hatemonger

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 07:42:12 AM »
Live Patch Notes for version 1.0.7.8.
Previous Patch: 1.0.7.4 → 1.0.7.6
[Changed] When a planet is lost, everything yet to be built, and without any progress, are removed from the build queue.

Ah, excellent. I'm sick of building level 12 ships and structures on conquered planets when I'm level 17. Any way we could get an Empire option to remove all queued items from the build queue of colonized planets?

Superking

• Distracted
  • Ohhhh Jobi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 03:34:32 PM »
Wishlist:

+ make effect of Targetting Sensors linear with size, as the coolant system

+ make heavy hull useful (currently, it costs too much metal to be viable)

+ contrast weapon range/reload time/damage/burst/power/cost/ammo&energy usage more (they generally still very samey and dull.. every mod has got more interesting arsenals, why not base game?)

I Make the Bread

Exa

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
[Balance] Fighter Hulls can now be made bigger as their tech level is increased.

Do you plan to add an "automatically scale up" command to the AI settings tab (analogue to the "automatically retrofit" one)?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:24:05 PM by Exa »

Psyko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 03:03:04 PM »
Continu the good work guys.

Can we have a hint ;)
When the patch will be release approximatly.

Thx

Cya

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
[Changed] The right-click menu is now implemented in scripts.

Fantastic change. Talking about right click, is there any update on the multiple tools not working on the same object issue?
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
Fantastic change. Talking about right click, is there any update on the multiple tools not working on the same object issue?

I haven't looked at what caused it in the previous right click menu, but I have tested multiple tools in the new one to make sure (*crosses fingers*) it works this time.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 04:31:22 AM »
[Added] Added three special types of systems that offer unique tactical choices.

Uuuhhhhh... That sounds interesting. Any chance of a preview? ;D

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 06:03:18 AM »
We're still trying to figure out what exactly we want to do for the unique systems, but they're basically systems where some effect is occurring (we are considering Ion Storms that damage all ships in the system slowly) or where some specific object is.

One of the latter type is the Remnant Gate System. Three massive stations surrounded by defenses. Capture one of them and you can use its warp tool to teleport any object (planet, enemy, allied, doesn't matter, as long as it's not a star ;)) and all objects within a half-AU radius from a different system into the gate system. For obvious reasons they have a 30 minute cooldown, and those defense stations are going to be a pretty tough nut to crack.

All players are notified as soon as anyone grabs a gate, so you better be able to keep it.

Blind_Rifleman

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 09:03:50 AM »
Even Ringworlds?!
Reaper codes faster than brains process.

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 09:22:19 AM »
At the moment? Yes.

If you teleport an enemy ringworld into your own system, that's asking for trouble ;)

Totallyunderpowered

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
At the moment? Yes.

If you teleport an enemy ringworld into your own system, that's asking for trouble ;)

I think the bigger question is, what happens if you use it to try and stack multiple friendly ringworlds in one system?

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 10:12:57 AM »
Uhhh..... That....

You and your crazy minds.

(Not much will happen, by the way, it'll just be impossible to select most of the ringworlds)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:14:31 AM by GGLucas »

Hazzard

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »
I think trying to warp a sun in should cause a super nova on arrival, destroying the gate and the idiot's possessions in the system.  ;D

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 10:34:23 AM »
That would leave it prone to a "scorched earth" tactic when you're close to losing the battle in the system.

I would love to do something like that, but it's too exploitable.

Hazzard

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 12:25:26 PM »
What about warping the enemies strongest planets in and destroying them one by one?

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »
That is one way to use them, yes.

You only get three uses per 30 minutes, and if you're teleporting in the strongest planets then that also means you're taking the strongest defenses with them ;)

Orkel

• Star Ruler Tester (Group 2)
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »
Gives some pretty good incentive in conquering these systems from your enemies.

Hazzard

• Distracted
    • View Profile
Re: v1.0.7.6->v1.0.7.8 Changelog (Releasing)
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »
And now we wait for Steam to pull their finger out.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
Re: v1.0.7.6->v1.0.7.8 Changelog (Releasing)
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »
We discovered an error with the patch, and have had to re-upload it. If you've already installed the patch before this post, please re-install and re-update from scratch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Skeletor6669

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: v1.0.7.6->v1.0.7.8 Changelog (Re-released 10PM GMT)
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
[Fixed] Pausing the game in multiplayer could cause newly connected clients to divide by zero in their interpolation, making stars vanish.

shit happen when you divide by zero eh lol.

is there any chance of higher resolutions being supported in the future? the highest I can go is 1280 x 1050.

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
It tries to detect the resolution of your monitor. Maybe it is failing.

You can edit the resolution manually in Documents/My Games/Star Ruler/config.cfg

Skeletor6669

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 06:10:10 PM »
ah ok found it, set the resolution to desktop then exit and start the game again. God this is beautiful! And I've just seen the main menu so far lol.

elwood612

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 08:28:57 AM »
not sure if this is worth making a thread in the bugs section, but I just played a game where a system nearby was marked volatile (it said the star could explode due to instability). However, when I saved the game and returned to it later, it had become a normal system. Yes, I'm sure it was the same one.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome patch!
The statement below is false.

The statement above is true.