Author Topic: Interesting AI Treaties.  (Read 560 times)

Alexodia

• View Profile
Interesting AI Treaties.
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:33:34 PM »
Okay in 7 games so far I have had every AI Declare war within 10 minutes of meeting each. Usually due to the Declare war on failure option which seems to trigger even when I don't accept the treaty or just ignore it. Also the AI is demanding Resources I cannot produce * Luxuries and goods.* So with my race set up having Eusocial Society it is impossible to talk to the AI without them declaring war on me within 10 minutes of meeting me. Was this intentional to give Eusocial Society a serious weakness? I would figure if they can demand those goods that Eusocial could still produce the goods and luxuries but have no use for them itself.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
Re: Interesting AI Treaties.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »
The AI treats every players the same - it doesn't know there are humans, or about the traits other players pick. If the AI wants a resource you can't provide, it will declare war, but there's nothing preventing it from declaring war on you without first demanding a resource. You could also proactively request peace with a large offering of resources you can produce to avoid the downfall.

Do note, the "Declare war on fail" doesn't actually make them declare war if you don't accept - they just remember when they demanded resources and declare war if you haven't responded.

Alexodia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 08:01:14 PM »
Then the AI just like wars. LOL Because I meet them and am always at war with them in 10 minutes flat. I have also offered resource amounts in the millions and had them down right refuse anything I send. Oh well guess I just need to worry more about guns than diplomacy LOL. Also seems when i hit refuse they declare war period.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 08:33:27 PM »
Yeah, if you refuse they give up waiting on you. :P

Corellon

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:56:07 AM »
I think it just likes war lol, I offered it a peace treaty for 5 minutes from near the time I met it till there were 30 capital ships in orbit over each planet wiping it out, rather have died then made peace.

Is a bit war mongerish, perhaps at least a self preservation instinct? accept peace if about to be wiped out expectially if they are #4 in all rankings and I'm #1
My mod's/Scripts
Automated defense rebuilding: Here or Integrated into Smart Gov below
Smart Governor: Here
Build on all: Integrated into stock game