Author Topic: Haulers in start  (Read 3078 times)

Kalkin

• View Profile
Haulers in start
« on: January 21, 2012, 01:41:41 PM »
Hi,

I am having trouble with using haulers. I build them in the start and they start randomly wandering in system and hauling any of the resources around. It is slowing down development as resources are not available in the bank and at that point I don't have surplus that I can sacrifice in random transit.

Are they meant for later in the system development or is there a way to optimize their hauling?

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
Re: Haulers in start
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
They are primarily for when there's a big disconnect between the planets within a system (e.g. one is producing far more than it can export, or one is demanding far more than it can import). Outside of those times, they may end up causing issues like you experience, as they are rather dumb.

Starmage21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
Hi,

I am having trouble with using haulers. I build them in the start and they start randomly wandering in system and hauling any of the resources around. It is slowing down development as resources are not available in the bank and at that point I don't have surplus that I can sacrifice in random transit.

Are they meant for later in the system development or is there a way to optimize their hauling?

Haulers in your starter system + stockpiling protocol + in-debt racial quality = hax.

YAHG

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
Hauler econ people are always really really really really slow out of the gate. It is basically crippling.

Ynglaur

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 11:06:47 AM »
Heh - I started with indebted and forgot to build haulers, and then wondered why my planets weren't building their structures.  Fortunately I figured it out, and after the 20-minute indebted limit turned off all production at my homeworld.  The bank filled up, and things are starting to get built.

5000 systems, 30+ AIs...we'll see how things go.

littlel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 06:46:05 AM »
Heh - I started with indebted and forgot to build haulers, and then wondered why my planets weren't building their structures.  Fortunately I figured it out, and after the 20-minute indebted limit turned off all production at my homeworld.  The bank filled up, and things are starting to get built.

5000 systems, 30+ AIs...we'll see how things go.

I am betting that your comp couldn't handle it :) But 5k systems even on minimum settings with 30+AIs... = Super computer mid game... u will soon have 20k+ ships flying...

I did a 10k 10AI once... had to stop after 3hrs... I had like 5k ships (decent size) the computers had similar and we had hardly even met eachother yet...

Ynglaur

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:28:06 AM »
Running a Core i7-970 (the desktop version w/4 x hyperthreaded cores running at 3.2GHz) and 12GB RAM.

littlel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 11:34:54 AM »
I have a i7 with 8gig ram also... still take the bet :D

Atol

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 05:24:50 AM »
Let us know how it works out.  My laptop can handle 1,000 worlds pritty good. 

colonyan

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 08:41:23 AM »
If you have efficient trait, use size 1 fighter hull hauler and put usual thruster of good size 2.5~4.0.
It is blazing fast and transports fair amount. Efficient trait gives X3 cargo capacity.
This seems to be working for any initial buildup.
Don't use slow hauler using bussard ram jet. Speed is very important.