Author Topic: Working on a new mod. Anyone else doing so too?  (Read 1391 times)

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
Working on a new mod. Anyone else doing so too?
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:04:10 AM »
Along with Banished, Dont Starve and Skyrim i've been playing a bit more star ruler lately and I am again a little bit motivated to work on an old mod idea about revamping the galactic bank and how planets manage transporting resources. Just dropping the 'infinite free storge' aspect and making the size of a system have an effect on how fast you can transfer stuff into and out of the bank 'stockpile'.

I've seen several unfamiliar (and a few familiar) names on the list of people browsing the forums. Anyone else working on projects of their own right now?
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.

Rizack

• View Profile
Re: Working on a new mod. Anyone else doing so too?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 07:07:03 AM »
im currently working on a mod but not much has been done as of yet once i have more of it done i will be putting on moddb,
my idea is to rework Fighters and Bombers right now and i have more in the works also.

this will be for my Role Play mod im working on :)

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 05:27:42 AM »
Will love to check it out if you end up making the mod.  I only got partway through my galactic bank stuff when I had to reinstall my computer because of a failed windows update and forgot to backup my game folders.  So lost the work and never restarted it.  May get around to it someday though right now Im going through another Skyrim playthrough. 
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.

Rizack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:52:43 PM »
right now im trying to figure out how to make the Galactic Capitol building immortal once i do that i can work on more stuff i want to make it so the players home planet and npc too.

im building off of the standard game right now.

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 02:39:46 AM »
Well I will assume you know where the definition for the galactic capital is in structures.txt.   I dont think any buildings specifically have an immortal flag that you can set.  So what I would probably do is have a custom effect added where that effects definition just sets current health to max health.   Or you could edit the planet.as file and in the tick() function you could check if the galactic cap is on the planet and heal it if so.   Either method should work unless the capital (and entire planet) is taken out in a single blast.

Rizack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 11:46:30 PM »
hum what would happen if i set the health of the gal cap to zero what do you think that would do??

im thinking that may make it immortal lol....

probably not though....

Rizack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 12:46:23 AM »
well now i just need some one to help me test the mod in multiplayer lol to make sure it works...

Rizack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 06:19:56 AM »
well i was testing with ai and i attacked my own planet and i lost it so i cant figure it out lol....

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 08:11:18 AM »
0 == destroyed.   So that would be bad.   Setting it insanely large and then doing the regeneration thing is easiest way to make it immortal.  Well immortal except against ships the size of solar systems that blow up the whole planet in one shot.