Author Topic: Bring the game to GOG  (Read 1322 times)

Ambition

• View Profile
Bring the game to GOG
« on: April 27, 2015, 11:50:14 AM »
I have read about the current financial status and while I don't have a solution, I do have a suggestion of how to improve it. The DRM-free market is growing and GOG is a pioneer in terms of that. While there is no guarantee the sales will be outstanding and solving the issue, a release of the first game in the series might help as many people seem to enjoy the second one already. This however does not guarantee anything. If concerned about the costs and revenue gained from such a release, I recommend at least asking the community in the forums if they would be interested in buying the game.

Space Voyager

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: Bring the game to GOG
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 06:29:19 AM »
http://www.gog.com/game/star_ruler_2

I WILL buy it there soon. :)

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
Re: Bring the game to GOG
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 10:17:15 AM »
The steam version of Star Ruler is utterly drm free.  It doesnt even require steam to run.  You can copy the folder between computers and it works fine.  its the reason I bought copies for a couple friends. I appreciate having the game JUST WORK without hassle and I put my money behind that preference.
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.