Author Topic: [Modding/Scripting] Subsystem modifier compatibility table.  (Read 630 times)

Dahak

• Sentient
    • View Profile
[Modding/Scripting] Subsystem modifier compatibility table.
« on: September 01, 2010, 08:03:32 AM »
The idea is to allow multiple attached subsystems, and have a table, maybe xml, that lists which ones are compat. with each other. Say, coolant is not compatible with itself, or rack mount, but is with targetting sensors.

Meff

• View Profile
Re: [Modding/Scripting] Subsystem modifier compatibility table.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »
I have an idea. When you select a subsystem placed in blueprint table, compatible subsystems should "highlight" themselves in the right panel, when making a blueprint(like they'll turn yellow or sth simillar).. how about this?

Death Incarnate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:24:56 AM »
I believe that currently, you aren't allowed more than 1 subsystem modifier per subsystem (I.e You can't have both emergency power AND a rack mount attached to the same weapon). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any subsystem modifiers are "compatible" with each other.

Meff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »
You may be right.. I am not keen on this. I can say that I would like to have multitude of them attached to my laser canon.  ;D

Otherwise, I would like some polish to blueprint menu... because in my plans everything is connected to everything due to lack of space..  :P And I sometimes lose myself in that.. then my ship will drift far far away..  ;)

Dahak

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »
Yes, you can only currently attach one.
MY concept would make it possible to make a subsystem incompatible with itself, as well, so you can only have one coolant system.
The idea is, you could have say, both bulkhead and emergency power, or with modding, you could have a cooled, "main battery" weapon. That is, flavor mounts that don't take any space, and change how the weapon behaves would be possible, and wouldn't interfere with other modifiers.