Author Topic: [Ship Subsystems] Space Factories (Electronics, Adv Parts, Metal refinement)  (Read 631 times)

Phrost

• View Profile
That would be interesting. Metal, electronics, and adv parts factory subsystems.

Basically... yeah, what he said..
Further down in that thread, someone posted the necessary code to mod in a Electronics Factory subsystem, but I'd *LOVE* to see that incorporated as part of the base game.

For balance purposes, I believe that the ship-based factories should scale slower than the planet-based factories.  I believe this could be achieved by having the vElecFab rate be determined as a function of both Metallurgy and ShipSystems (or Construction; whichever seems more appropriate) and scale.  I think that a scale 4 component with equal levels of Metallurgy and ShipSystems research should perform roughly on par with a ground-based factory.  The intent being to balance the fact that there are a limited number of planetary slots and an unlimited number of ship-based slots, and to ensure that those who utilize planet slots for factories are not placed at a severe disadvantage.

I think one compensating factor for this should be that (as awesome as it would be) there should never be ship component with access to the Galactic Bank.  I think planet's abilities to interface with the Galactic Bank to draw/store materials will provide the necessary balance factor here.

Evilnames

• View Profile
I put it together and tried it out a few times... but i dont have a good enough knowledge of the economic system to balance the pieces out (quite yet!)

Nico Flows

• View Profile
Could this be the basis for a "planetless" fleet faction I think that would be cool to play.
Population, factory, mining and  fuel ships etc.....   

TheDeadlyShoe

• View Profile
Planets -> only metals/electronics
Adv Components - only manufactured in space?

adv components -> only for certain advanced technologies