Author Topic: [Interface - Empire menu] Add Galactic Bank reserves to main screen  (Read 653 times)

Phrost

• View Profile
Two tweaks in this suggestion, both regarding the Empire menu.

The section of the Empire menu in the top right, that displays the current amount of resources in the Galactic Bank - I find that section useful enough that I want to see it constantly, and therefore tend to open the Empire menu and position it in the left corner of the screen, leaving the entirety of the menu off the screen except for the resource count.  My suggestion is to duplicate these values on the main interface screen between the "Empire", "Planet", "Blueprints", etc buttons and the message window.  I don't think they would take up a significant amount of screen real estate, and I think the added value would be significant.

The second tweak is a result of my above behavior.  Since I keep the portion of the Empire menu that displays other players off the screen, I frequently miss the notices of incoming treaties.  Eventually this leads to war, and I start noticing the threatening messages coming in the message log.  This is the indicator to me that I have missed treaties, so I go in and approve them.  Having some kind of indicator on the main screen for "proposed treaty awaiting approval" would eliminate the need to keep the Empire menu open to check for these.  I think a single boolean indicator for any number of treaties from any number of players would be sufficient; the intention is only to serve as a notice to go check the Empire screen, any further depth of information can be obtained from the Empire menu.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
Re: [Interface - Empire menu] Add Galactic Bank reserves to main screen
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 02:13:23 PM »
I believe the first part of this is already in the dev build.

Phrost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »
Then I eagerly await the release of that feature.
Once again, you have shown that I was correct in taking a risk on a feature-incomplete game, as you are carrying through on your promise to continue improvement.  Thanks.

Phrost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 02:29:04 PM »
Actually, I think you may already have the second part of the request in the game.
I just loaded up a saved game, and with the Empire menu closed, I had a small icon indicating "treaty request pending".
Maybe this icon only shows up when a request comes in when the Empire menu is closed?  If so, having it always displayed would be useful, I believe.

Samades

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »
Actually the UI mod has just added the first part in the latest version: http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=571.0