Poll

Do you use this kind of weapons?

Yes
4 (66.7%)
No
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Galactic Artilery  (Read 1409 times)

DarkyPwnz

• View Profile
Galactic Artilery
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:25:50 PM »
I start slow but get much faster later on,usually being 1st at both research and economy. My question is,what do others think about building Galactic Artileries? I have designed a 20k scale station with Artilery and Targeting Sensor that could knock any planet in one shot from the comfort of my homeworld. But I am not sure how exactly Range works. One of the times I made a 50k size one and it didn't attack at all. Do I need to have vision on the target planet? If so,when I did,why didn't the huge artilery shoot? Is it better to have many small artilery or just one big one since big one seems to have much more range alongside more alpha? Is this kind of weapon a more practical superweapon since DSM has very low range and destroying stars isn't that practical in general? Does anyone else use this kind of weapon? If so,with what scale and configurations? Does it work for you all the time because times are it won't work for me,it doesn't shoot at all. Perhaps its the range,if so,how can I know how many AU's is the range? Or is DSM better since it can wipe a whole system at once?  What is the size needed to be capable of shooting anywhere from any planet in the galaxy? Is it practical to try making a station big enough to be capable of destroying a star?

Oh and,what scale is considered "Mega" for Mega Construction to help them?

CaseMonster

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Artilery
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »
Yeah i use these every now and then, especially when i'm messing around on multiplayer.  20k is a little massive though!  A 1000 scale with an artillery and targeting censors can one-shot a planet a couple of 100 AUs away at tech 10. 

The real problem is that you have to manually fire them at targets because autofire on enemies outside of the local system.