Author Topic: More In-Depth race customization  (Read 784 times)

Bloodaxe

• View Profile
More In-Depth race customization
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:30:18 PM »
I truly love this game! I've always wanted a game where you can travel through space, create an epic empire, trade with other empires, fight them, colonize planets and build your own ships. But what I'm missing in this game, is to really be able to create a race that is unique. Is it possible to add a option to import images to give your race an unique look and/or icon? And will there be even more racial traits? :) once again, thank you for making such a wonderful game!  ::)

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
Re: More In-Depth race customization
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 07:31:57 AM »
Adding more race images / icons is fairly trivial but requires modding them in which means it will only be available to you in single player or each person will need the same mod in multiplayer.

Traits are as difficult as the effect you want them to have but require the same modding aspect. Galactic Armory mod has somewhere near 70 racial traits and a couple extra race photos and dozen or so icons. If you want to learn how to add your own you can learn from it.
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.

Bloodaxe

• View Profile
Thank you!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:18:23 PM »
Thank you seronis for your reply!  :D I will check out the Galactic Armory mod then  ;)