Author Topic: Ships dieing randomly  (Read 879 times)

VasVadum

• View Profile
Ships dieing randomly
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »
I'm not sure if this is an issue with Star Ruler, or GA but my mining ships have always and still keep randomly dieing out of the blue.  They have infinite fuel and stable power.  They can't export the metal they mine all that fast though.  Could they be dieing because of the export rate not high enough?  As in not enough room to store ore or metal so they just die?

I'll try to get my fitting for it and post it here in a bit.

xrogaan

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: Ships dieing randomly
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 11:44:42 PM »
It's not random, check the power source.

Ynglaur

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:29:52 PM »
Power running out and insufficient life support due to damage can cause this.

VasVadum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 12:33:58 AM »
Sorry, forgot to check back a while back.  I know that my power source and life support weren't issues.  The ships had infinite fuel time and no life support requirements at all (My race is always dependent on computers).

JobieUSN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »
I had this issue too, They're right on the money about the power supply...

Its not your Fuel life (indef is what I usually get too, Thank The Programmers for Bussard Ram Scoops), Its your Capacator level.

Those Mining lasers take a lot of capactor power, And if that power for any reason hits 0, the entire ship shuts down and goes adrift. I think we attribute it to Life Support failing most of the time (I never use Computers, Perfer to take those points for other bonuses), But in your case, Imagine your spaceship just pulled a hard reset due to lack of battery power.

Try adding a capacator to the ship, Something small like .25 or so will probably be enough to avoid spontainious shutdowns.

antibor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 04:35:23 AM »
I do not know about GA, but do not forget that AM generators blow up when the charge goes down. I lost some DSM test bombers to this feature. :-[