Author Topic: Making a speciffic galaxy with exact objects at exact places  (Read 754 times)

samoja

• View Profile
Making a speciffic galaxy with exact objects at exact places
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:40:14 AM »
So this is about my project on the main page, i want to procedurally create a galaxy(some 50 systems) and then save it, add objects in specific places, like ships and stations and make empires that are not expanding or building anything actually, also i want to make it so you did not already lost because you got no planets, all this was done already in tutorial mission so it should be possible. this is just my first batch of questions, i never modded this game before so (as everybody who modded several games knows) i need some help to find my way around the block, thank you.

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: Making a speciffic galaxy with exact objects at exact places
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:15:36 PM »
The tutorial scripts are actually available in the game directory under mods/tutorial for an example of how to do this. A bit of a nothing answer I know but probably the best place to start and then ask some more if you get stuck.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

samoja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »
Well thanks, i guess, i have been bashing my head on it for the past day but all i was able to do was make a ship for it, however i will keep trying, this things are never fast.

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 04:51:21 AM »
Well, one of the hardest things, is that some things are possible within the confines of the script commands, while others are not - and for a newcommer that can be hard to see. That said, most of what you want should indeed be possible ;)

You could most likely write out all randomness of a map generation script and replace it with specific coordinates and calls for special content.