Good evening galaxy! Today brings another regular update to your Star Ruler 2 game. Read about some of the update's highlights below, or scroll down for a full detailed changelog.Interested in Multiplayer? Join our Dev-astation Friday multiplayer game.Research Overhaul
We've completely overhauled the way research works, changing it over to a grid-based approach with different technologies spread around for you to research.The Expanse
A new galaxy map has also arrived in this update. In The Expanse
, players are located in between the remnant homeworld in one direction, and a vast expanse of uncharted space in the other.
You will have to defeat strong remnant fleets in order to colonize new systems in the expanse, and each system cleared will reveal new systems with even more powerful remnants!Graphics Improvements
Planets can now have rings, and we've improved the aesthetics of stars and their coronas.Full ChangelogAdded
- Added completely overhauled research system!
- Large maps will now start containing barren planets - planets without a resource - in order to keep resources scarce and the game playable. Can be controlled with the "Resource Scarcity" slider.
- Ships in move or attack orders now path around stars instead of moving or shooting through them.
- Added unlockable 'Emergency Supplies' and 'Self-Destruct Device' subsystems.
- Planets can now have rings.
- Added quickbar for pending auto-imports.
- Added Skip Drive and Ion Cannon as unlockable subsystems.
- Added new map: The Expanse. Full of remnants, it expands as you defeat their ever-stronger fleets.
- Bulkhead and Targeting Sensor now need to be unlocked through research.
- Improved the aesthetics of stars and coronas.
- Joining in progress no longer pauses the server while the player connects.
- When defense destinations are set, defense is distributed equally from all sources across all destinations.
- Increased pressure from level 3 resources.
- Hydroconductors now give +40% labor generation.
- Fix gate constructors being able to deploy without a maximum range.
- Various performance improvements related to memory garbage collection steps, should reduce lag spikes in large games.
- Animation was not properly threaded, leading to significantly reduced framerate in large galaxies.
- Various notifications in multiplayer were blank or incorrectly labelled.
- Fixed various issues with icons being rendered out of order.
- Attempt to fix shader issues with specific graphics cards.
- The AI would not recognize its fleets if it upgraded their designs while the previous was being built.
- The AI will use partially finished fleets if immediately necessary.
- The AI has a basic understanding of Revenant parts.
- Improved the AI's logic regarding remnants and internal defense. Notably, it can deal with The Expanse.
- Improved the designs created by the AI.