Author Topic: [GFX] [Final] Distant Galaxies B-Gone [1.0.*.*]  (Read 4509 times)

eRe4s3r

• Contributor
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
[GFX] [Final] Distant Galaxies B-Gone [1.0.*.*]
« on: August 25, 2010, 09:59:32 AM »
Description (This is a SUPER tiny mod)

Compatibility
Works for all currently known game versions.

Does what the title says - Removes the Distant Galaxies in the Background, only leaves tiny stars visible. Thus improving readability. Why would you need this when the options have a Disable BG option?

Because you also disable the nice stars with that option ;P Hence this little mod is the middle path of less BG, but still some BG

Installation

Extract the rar into "Star Ruler\Images" and overwrite the files it asks you to (make sure you overwrite the files, and not create a subfolder or something ,p)

Until we can override textures this is the only way - and overwriting obviously means, that if you want to Uninstall you have to reinstall the game ;p Unless you made Backups first...

Edit: Small edit to make it easier to tell that this is still, in fact, working ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:48:08 AM by eRe4s3r »
.- Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom -.

Firgof

• BMS Administrator
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
Re: [GFX] [Final] Distant Galaxies B-Gone
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:16:51 AM »
Note:  The option to disable Distant Galaxies in Graphics also disables the starfield skybox so if you want to play with tiny stars in the background but without the large distant galaxy sprites, this mod offers the best compromise at this time. :)
"Now it will punish you"

eRe4s3r

• Contributor
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »
Ah yes, i made this only because that option made the nice (and not distracting) stars disappear as well - forgot to say that in the description  :D

.- Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom -.

kelmar6821

• That was my health bar?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 04:29:30 PM »
Thanks for this!

City Builder

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
Thanks for this.  When I had backgrounds turned on, it looked too cluttered and I could never find what I was looking for, when I turned off backgrounds, it looked too barren.  With this mod it's just right, still gives me the sence that I'm in space somewhere but doesn't overwhelm my eyes with the extras, just enough.

RedrumJackle

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 02:22:39 PM »
thanks ^_^ I've been looking for something that wouldn't be leaving me with a black screen in the background. I'm going to greatly appreciate this mod. ^_^