Author Topic: Graphic Enhancements. Development suspended.  (Read 8165 times)

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
Graphic Enhancements. Development suspended.
« on: March 20, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »
Note on 24/12-2013, I haven't got the time to get this where it should be, so I'm suspending it indefinately. That said, some of the knowhow aquired making it is being used on a future project ;)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:05:44 AM by Jon Micheelsen »

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
Star far distance glow tweaking, as well as dust fade distance. Both will be with optional and adjustable setups at system generation.

Moons and Dwarf Planets, early stage. Detail will come later.

A few detials:

Full Hertzsprung Russell stellar classification implementation. O B A F G K M(blue through white, through yellow to red). Also S and C red variations - as reds are the most common. Y T L M Brown Dwarf protostars and various dead stars: D White Dwarf subtypes DA DB DP DQ DZ.  All classes comes with 9-0 subintervals of Temp/Color as close to real as possible.
Star types featured: Dwarfs, Main-Sequence, Sub-Giants, Giants, Bright Giants, Supergiants and Hypergiants, wherever it applies to Class. Real size and rarity have been relatively adopted to a scale where a galaxy of about 700 systems, could have at least one of each, Class to Type. 7000 could in theory generate also with full 9-0 sub intervals. In other words, two galaxies will really never be the same.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:34:47 AM by Jon Micheelsen »

ibanix

• View Profile
Looks great!

Henri

• View Profile
wow! this looks so immersive, really nice. i do hope there are some ships that fit into such a splendrous universe. looking forward a lot to the new version. Thanks ever so much for keeping this game alive with Galactic Armory.

cause792

• Sentient
    • View Profile
    • Mirage Shipset
wow! this looks so immersive, really nice. i do hope there are some ships that fit into such a splendrous universe. looking forward a lot to the new version. Thanks ever so much for keeping this game alive with Galactic Armory.

there are some ships...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:18:36 AM by cause792 »
Check out my Mirage shipset for Star ruler and Galactic Armory.
link under my name.

Star Raruron

• Sentient
  • Supreme MindLord Of The Incogniti Hive
    • View Profile
simply wonderful
last planet made me drooooooool :o

since you where also modding the galaxy (and multi galaxy) generator (the old advenced spiral universe i mean)
will you work with the rest of the ga modding team to implement OPTIONAL multiple galaxy map generation?
It will be cool to have it integrated in ga  ::) some maniacs need huge things  ::)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:47:00 AM by Star Raruron »
what's an Incognito? A devilish ninja undead being with a technorganic replicative venom symbionte

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
For now, I'll say, I am indeed working with the GA team. I'll not go into details before said details are sure to actually be there. Lots of experiments are dead ends - for now ;)

cause792's ships are kick ass, I use them all the time, when testing. Looks real spiffy reflecting all the new hues of starlight 8)

Star Raruron

• Sentient
    • View Profile
i see :3
top secret work >( > w < )<
what's an Incognito? A devilish ninja undead being with a technorganic replicative venom symbionte

AnimateDream

• View Profile
    • StephenLujan.com
Wow. That's great. I wouldn't have thought all of that was possible without a bit of engine modding or something. My only suggestion would be to lower the specular strength a bit.

Edit: After some google image searching I think the specular is about on par with what I see of earth's water and ice surface area...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:26:56 PM by AnimateDream »

Ragnarok

• Distracted
    • View Profile
Quite an improvement over the stock ambiente.

excalibur1234

• View Profile
wow. i never thought star ruler could look this great.

my compliments to the modding team!

Space Voyager

• Sentient
    • View Profile
I can't believe I missed this thread... Stunning!

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
Thanks guys, there is yet more to come visually ;)

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
So a third little update.

Further star glow tweaking. A glimpse of new planet types and stats, for relative diameter, surface temperature, atmospheric pressure and gravity, as well as some new planet conditions. Also, localized nabulae, around white dwarfs, neutron and quark stars. Note the occurance of exotic orbits in the mini maps. Also note the asteroids.

Star Raruron

• Sentient
    • View Profile
little eheh
i can see planet diameters quantified
i gasmed there

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
@Star Raruron

Because you made me laugh, I just added another gimmick stat for orbit period in the unit of Years/Homeworld. On the homeworld it's thus always 1, but since not all homeworlds orbit identical, the actual value from game to game and player to player will be unique ;D

Special thanks to Thy Reaper for helping me with the core orbit period calculation 8)

Star Raruron

• Sentient
    • View Profile
simply wondrous my friends, simply wondrous

Roland117

• View Profile
My god...  It's beautiful...

I have no other words to desc...

G.A. 2.0 coming soon!?!?!?!

I have words for those!  WOOOOOO!!!   8)

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
@ Roland117, read the note in yellow at the top.  ;)

I was promising a release soon, but I just got accepted to enter a design school, starting by the end of the month, so a lot of little practicalities came up.

But I can give a little heads up. I'm revising planet conditions, and in the process, made a mouse over percent score for planet quality. It takes, gravity, atmosphere, temperature, available slot count and terraformable slot count into account. A homeworld is 100% Planets can go above a 100% - though rarely do.

The plan is to make gravity, temperature and atmosphere have an effect on production. In the process, certain conditions will be slashed as they should be covered by these now much more varied conditions. New conditions will come however. Traditional conditions, will still be there, but be focused on more exotic stuff. I might introduce a few wonder conditions that gives empire wide bonuses, replacing some of the remnant special planets - I think I've solved how to, at least ;)

Star Raruron

• Sentient
    • View Profile
I'm sure ga2 will be a great mod
expecially if races/techs differenzation will be developed and built enough :3

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
I'm sure ga2 will be a great mod
expecially if races/techs differenzation will be developed and built enough :3

You may want to read this.

Sorry to burst your bubble. :(

Star Raruron

• Sentient
    • View Profile
not really don't worry  :) ;)
if sr2 keeps the features i liked a lot in the game it's good you all go forward and start mod sr2 already to haste things

but what about jons thingies  ???
will this graphics be released separately or just kept for sr2 now :/?

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
if sr2 keeps the features i liked a lot in the game it's good you all go forward and start mod sr2 already to haste things

Just to clarify things: We are not working on any kind of SR2 mod nor are there definite plans to do so. Such a decision would depend on various factors, and it is much too early to say anything about a possible SR2 mod made by us.

but what about jons thingies  ???
will this graphics be released separately or just kept for sr2 now :/?

Unless specified otherwise I think the things he said in his latest post still stand.

Star Raruron

• Sentient
    • View Profile
i see, i just read your post about closing ga2 dev after posting my own theory about you all developing mods on sr2 (my bad, i'm always too hasty)

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
XT is right, all still stands - I'm just juggling a lot of balls right now ;)

Star Raruron

• Sentient
    • View Profile
remember to add a multiple galaxies script (optional)
eheh
dunno if you want to do it or if the customization panel available to users will be like advanced spiral universe -_-

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
Multiple galaxy script is very low on my list right now, and quite possibly not even something that will be there. However, you have to run with very large system distance, in order for the graphics to function without flaws, so size wise, it's a whole other ballgame pr requirement. As it is now, I'm not introducing a lot of options, as there is already a myriad of new variation, most of which is relatively realistically generated by the 700+ different stars. Stars are generated, again relatively realistic, based on real likelihood to type. This does not adapt well to options, because it's all very carefully balanced. The range of generation is at it is already much much wider than Multiple Spiral Galaxies, albeit only with one galaxy. Except for the dust generation, additionally this script can run on any one of the existing GA map scripts with, 700+ stars, new planet types, orbit behavior, moons, local nebula, etc. Only exception is the Multiple Spiral Galaxies map script, that generates all this on it's own, ignoring the map_generation.as script.

Star Raruron

• Sentient
    • View Profile
so they're totally different :( (the two script i mean)
oh well i will make a one huge galaxy

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
Multiple Spiral Galaxies, runs all on it's own yes. This actually means that it also doesn't run with the for GA introduced re-balance of the universe, already in the current GA. GA does a lot to the economy, thus galaxy generation was altered. This is what I have expanded upon.

Rostiro

• View Profile
Hi its this mod for GA still alive or death?
If alive its any idea of release date.
Thank you Rosario