Author Topic: Share Ship Designs, Mods, and Maps!  (Read 5203 times)

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
Share Ship Designs, Mods, and Maps!
« on: January 28, 2011, 09:22:54 PM »
We've just introduced a new system to allow players to upload and download Mods, Ship Designs, and Maps! It's still a work in progress, but all major features are present.

Superking

• Distracted
  • Ohhhh Jobi
    • View Profile
Re: Share Ship Designs, Mods, and Maps!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:46:23 AM »
the ship blueprint page could REALLY do with organisation into catagories, would make finding what you need much easier! eg:

Fighter Hull Designs - all ships using fighter hull.
Small Combat Designs- armed ships with light/standard/heavy hull between scales 1.0 - 30.0
Medium Combat Designs- armed ships with light/standard/heavy hull between scales 31.0 - 150.0
Large Combat Designs - armed ships with light/standard/heavy hull above scale 151.0
Battlestation Designs - armed ships with the station hull
Drydock Designs - ships or stations with a construction bay
Carrier Designs - ships or stations with a ship bay
Logistical Designs - ships or stations with a cargo bay or repairtool & no weapons
Colony Ship Designs - ships with the coloniser subsystem
Mining Designs - ships with the mining laser or salvager
Misc Designs - other types (analyser ships, scouts, antimatter suicide ships etc)

would also be nice to put the unrated designs in a seperate folder. eg. designs awating feedback.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:48:50 AM by Superking »
I Make the Bread

Skye

• Sentient
  • OMG WTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:59:20 PM »
Awesome! :D
SpeedDaemon said: " The jump drive is the single most powerful system in the game. A big bad-ass ship/fleet is useless if it can't get to where it needs to be bad-ass AT before the situation requiring its bad-assery is resolved."

Skye

• Sentient
  • OMG WTF
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 12:01:40 AM »
i also agree with superking it could do with some orginising, maybe just into sizes or model categories 8)
SpeedDaemon said: " The jump drive is the single most powerful system in the game. A big bad-ass ship/fleet is useless if it can't get to where it needs to be bad-ass AT before the situation requiring its bad-assery is resolved."

kelanth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:16:03 PM »
the ship blueprint page could REALLY do with organisation into catagories, would make finding what you need much easier! eg:

Fighter Hull Designs - all ships using fighter hull.
Small Combat Designs- armed ships with light/standard/heavy hull between scales 1.0 - 30.0
Medium Combat Designs- armed ships with light/standard/heavy hull between scales 31.0 - 150.0
Large Combat Designs - armed ships with light/standard/heavy hull above scale 151.0
Battlestation Designs - armed ships with the station hull
Drydock Designs - ships or stations with a construction bay
Carrier Designs - ships or stations with a ship bay
Logistical Designs - ships or stations with a cargo bay or repairtool & no weapons
Colony Ship Designs - ships with the coloniser subsystem
Mining Designs - ships with the mining laser or salvager
Misc Designs - other types (analyser ships, scouts, antimatter suicide ships etc)

would also be nice to put the unrated designs in a seperate folder. eg. designs awating feedback.

I guess I'm a real dumb@#$ cause I can't figure out where to put the designs so I can access them

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 11:54:10 PM »
Create a design first, and export it. Then, in your User Files (linked from the install folder), go into Profiles/Script Data/Layouts. Place downloaded files there to be able to import them in-game.