Author Topic: v1.0.7.0 → v1.0.7.2 Changelog (Releasing)  (Read 11016 times)

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
v1.0.7.0 → v1.0.7.2 Changelog (Releasing)
« on: April 10, 2011, 02:38:08 PM »
Live Patch Notes for version 1.0.7.2.
Download 1.0.7.2 (Patch from 1.0.7.0)
Previous Patch: 1.0.6.2 → 1.0.7.0

Changes: Final
[Fixed] New treaty notification icon was not disappearing when opening the empire window.
[Fixed] Ship build cost would not appear in the hover information on planets with no empty slots.
[Fixed] Holding shift while clicking a top bar button would not correctly open a new window of that type.
[Fixed] Automation orders did not import from exported designs.
[Fixed] Could not select the shipyard world governor in the planet window.
[Fixed] Large odd numbers of flags in the race customization window would make the last flag disappear.
[Fixed] Divide by zero crash when adding 4 or more shipsets.
[Fixed] Automatic blueprint updates would reset automation orders.
[Fixed] Heavy Hull level was too high, causing it to have much more hitpoints than the other hull types.
[Fixed] Negative mood did not display correctly in the planet window.
[Fixed] Items in the pinned list would still display after returning to the main menu.
[Fixed] Random freeze/crash caused by a deadlock. Frequently appeared when lots of scouts were auto-exploring at the same time.
[Fixed] GUI Elements could disappear in some situations (chat box when working in the layout window, scrollbar in system window).
[Fixed] Shipborne factory systems would use up resources even if there was no place to store what was being fabricated.
[Fixed] Fixed a bug in multiplayer clients that would cause weirdness and instability.
[Fixed] Planetary bunkers weren't correctly absorbing damage.
[Fixed] Fixed timestamps on saves being off by one hour (or worse).
[Changed] Object list's filter box is now case-insensitive.
[Changed] Added Ere4s3r's corrected smoothing groups to the Neumon.
[Changed] Cargo storage no longer always unlocks Armor at level 4 by paying the link cost.
[Balance] Reworked Coolant System to cause more significant increases in weapon firing rates, but also dramatically increase running costs for the connected weapon.
[Balance] Flak range and delay now scale the same as all the other weapons.
[Added] "Declare war if this treaty fails" clause. If the treaty fails due to either party having insufficient resources, declare war now.
[Added] "End all existing treaties" clause. If accepted, all previous treaties are nullified.
[Added] "Ammo lifetime damage" stat to detailed statistics page. Shows how much damage a full load of ammo can do before being depleted.
[Added] "Supply Resource" automation order. Used for tankers to automatically supply ships with fuel.
[Added] Added an automatic patcher. Downloads and runs necessary patches automatically. Access by clicking 'Check for Updates.'
[UI] Making the research window small enough now hides the queue.
[UI] The empire window now loses information in the top area more gradually when resized down.
[UI] When hovering over a system, the name is colored the same as the ring.
[UI] The top left ticker now displays research rate.
[UI] Holding shift while pressing the import button in the blueprints window attempts to import all designs in the profile.
[UI] Blueprints in the planet and system windows can now be sorted.
[UI] Blueprints sort can now differentiate between ascending and descending.
[UI] Add option to sort planets in system window by name, slots or governor.
[UI] Link icons in research window are hidden on zoom levels smaller or equal to 0.30x.
[UI] The top left ticker displays research progress by coloring the text from left to right.
[UI] Percentage complete is now shown behind the name of the current building item in the planet window.
[UI] Added a "Continue" button to the main menu, which will load the newest save (including autosaves).
[UI] F7 will now open the civil acts window.
[UI] F10 will open the escape menu without closing any windows. (Used to be F12)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:41:51 PM by GGLucas »

Superking

• Distracted
  • Ohhhh Jobi
    • View Profile
Re: Live Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 06:00:07 PM »
[Balance] Cargo storage no longer always unlocks Armor at level 4 by paying the link cost.

nooooooooo
I Make the Bread

Mephisto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »
I'll probably get flamed for this, but what about allowing subsystem modifiers to stack? For the sake of balance, you could scale the effects of each attached modifier by something like 1 / 2^(n-1) where n is the number of attached modifiers.

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 10:06:33 PM »
There's no reason why you'd get flamed for that, it's a valid suggestion.

However, the way the system currently works having multiple modifiers linked to a single system would require some reworking.

Mylon

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »
Any chance we can get the food bug fixed?  As I mentioned in the bug reports section, cargo facilities cause a planet to exceed the normal 50% food amount.  With enough cargo space a planet will import food that seems to simply disappear, no matter how much surplus food the planet produces.

eRe4s3r

• Contributor
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 10:20:10 PM »
If i may add, if thats added there needs to be also an rethinking of how links are visualized in the blueprints as well.

And i have an incredible cool idea.

Why not have slots (like sockets in diablo 2) on MAIN subsystems where you can put modifier subsystems?

a scale 1 subsystem has thus 1 slot that can take a modifier subsystem up to scale 0.75

Slots increase at scale 2, 3 and 4 (to give incentive to increase subsystem sizes)

Only problem would be how to display it visually, i'd be in favor for small (16 px) icons that "lock" on a main system icon, and right clicking gives an option to remove modifiers (because it'd be fiddly otherwise) (a option to click for each modifier).. but it'd be a major overhaul ;p Still a cool idea imo....

Question would be where to put those slots visually, at the borders of a subsytem icon as a sort of "extra" circles (there could be 4 slots added visually without problem though at the outside of the subsystem circle) such subsystems would then obviously not be able to be scaled up or down once a modifier is in place either, but duplication would still be viable.

Edit. And another question would be whether to allow the upscaling of the modifiers, if we have 3 slots maybe that should be handled as 3 slots where you can put 3 times the same subsystem (for maximum efficiency) or 3 different subsystems. But each would have a set efficiency then.

(Again, that'd already be an EPIC scale overhaul ,p)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:29:13 PM by eRe4s3r »
.- Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom -.

EaglePryde

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:57:49 AM »
If i may add, if thats added there needs to be also an rethinking of how links are visualized in the blueprints as well.

Why not have slots (like sockets in diablo 2) on MAIN subsystems where you can put modifier subsystems?

a scale 1 subsystem has thus 1 slot that can take a modifier subsystem up to scale 0.75

Slots increase at scale 2, 3 and 4 (to give incentive to increase subsystem sizes)

Only problem would be how to display it visually, i'd be in favor for small (16 px) icons that "lock" on a main system icon, and right clicking gives an option to remove modifiers (because it'd be fiddly otherwise) (a option to click for each modifier).. but it'd be a major overhaul ;p Still a cool idea imo....

Question would be where to put those slots visually, at the borders of a subsytem icon as a sort of "extra" circles (there could be 4 slots added visually without problem though at the outside of the subsystem circle) such subsystems would then obviously not be able to be scaled up or down once a modifier is in place either, but duplication would still be viable.

Edit. And another question would be whether to allow the upscaling of the modifiers, if we have 3 slots maybe that should be handled as 3 slots where you can put 3 times the same subsystem (for maximum efficiency) or 3 different subsystems. But each would have a set efficiency then.

(Again, that'd already be an EPIC scale overhaul ,p)

A slot system would be great. I could imgaine that buy putting a component on the blueprint you'd have the ability to click on the component (or some "modify button" to bring up a slot window where you then click on a slot and are given the choice of what modification to integrate. Would atleast save a bit of visual space. On the other hand the modifications would get destroyed with the component together what would be just a minor difference.

mecharm

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 02:26:17 AM »

+1 for this. Sounds cool...(imagining the satisfying 'click' the modifier makes when placed)

elwood612

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 04:52:14 AM »
this looks pretty sweet. Gonna have to rethink some of my ship designs w/ the new coolant systems...

check out the end of this thread, some of these shouldn't take too long to implement: http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=3255.0
The statement below is false.

The statement above is true.

Superking

• Distracted
  • Ohhhh Jobi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 06:34:03 AM »
what is the new coolant formula?
I Make the Bread

SpaceBoy6

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 09:29:58 AM »
1.0.7.2 Patch, hmmm. In this patch they should add the ability to change the AI ship-set in single player, because this is something i would like very much.  :-\
- Conquerer Of Star's! -
Selling a inno3d 9500gt 30Pound(UK ONLY)

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 11:16:48 AM »
what is the new coolant formula?

Increases the fire rate like you recommended, then dramatically increases running costs based on the increase in firing rate, getting less horrendous with tech.

Mephisto

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 11:54:17 AM »
Another possible addition:

Introducing a new control subsystem named "cockpit". It would provide control, life support and crew, but would be very limited in all aspects. Essentially it would be used for one or two man fighters / bombers.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:38:09 PM by Mephisto »

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »
Another possible addition:

Introducing a new control subsystem named "cockpit". It would provide control, life support and crew, but would be very limited in all aspects. Essentially it would be used for one or two man fighters / bombers.

Been playing Galactic Armory? ;D

@Patch Notes:
It's probably getting old by now, but... "Looking good." ;D

Mephisto

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »
Been playing Galactic Armory? ;D

@Patch Notes:
It's probably getting old by now, but... "Looking good." ;D

Ah I'm assuming you've modded something similar into the game. I'll check it out :D

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 02:06:33 PM »
Ah I'm assuming you've modded something similar into the game. I'll check it out :D

Yeah, we have a cockpit for fighter/bomber hulls only, though the life support and crew part is omitted to better reflect its autonomous nature. ;D

Mephisto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »
UI bug: please round down the populations on planets. It's a bit frustrating to construct a building, thinking you have enough workers only for the building to go offline once completed.

Superking

• Distracted
  • Ohhhh Jobi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »
UI bug: when placing subsystems, if you double click a subsystem in the blueprint editor to add it to the design, nothing happens (it dosnt appear on the design, the space taken up dosnt change. if you double click the subsystem again, two appear (2x the scale 1 subsystem and 2x space used, as if the one that didnt appear had been there the whole time)
I Make the Bread

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »
UI bug: when placing subsystems, if you double click a subsystem in the blueprint editor to add it to the design, nothing happens (it dosnt appear on the design, the space taken up dosnt change. if you double click the subsystem again, two appear (2x the scale 1 subsystem and 2x space used, as if the one that didnt appear had been there the whole time)

Cannot reproduce. Double clicking on an item in the list works fine for me. Double clicking when it is already selected should add two of them, that is intended.

SpaceBoy6

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 04:26:42 PM »
I so want my idea adding. :P

- Conquerer Of Star's! -

Superking

• Distracted
  • Ohhhh Jobi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 03:06:33 AM »
Cannot reproduce. Double clicking on an item in the list works fine for me. Double clicking when it is already selected should add two of them, that is intended.

I can reproduce it every time with Galactic Armoury
I Make the Bread

eRe4s3r

• Contributor
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 03:12:53 AM »
Works fine for me, maybe got something to do with how much happens in the background or what speed you run at?
.- Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom -.

SpaceBoy6

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 04:38:38 AM »
I have an error. It says i have a treaty request waiting to be accept, but when i click on it i do not have a treaty to accept or decline.  :(
- Conquerer Of Star's! -

elwood612

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 07:51:08 AM »
[Fixed] New treaty notification icon was not disappearing when opening the empire window.
^they fixed that one.

...can't be long now... must be patient... :P :D
The statement below is false.

The statement above is true.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 05:59:31 PM »
[UI] Added a "Continue" button to the main menu, which will load the newest save (including autosaves).

Nice! ;D

Completely unrelated, but something that's been bothering me a lot: I like to play with the Civil Acts window open sometimes, but whenever I want to save and hit escape to open the menu, the window closes. Reopening the empire window and clicking on civil acts each time gets a bit tedious... Could you add a key binding (i.e. F7) for the Civil Acts window? That would be much appreciated. :)

Totallyunderpowered

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
[Fixed] Automatic blueprint updates would reset automation orders.
I thought the game was messing with my head.  I guess I was right.

[Fixed] Heavy Hull level was too high
No kidding.  Good catch.  Can't wait to see it all go live!

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
Could you add a key binding (i.e. F7) for the Civil Acts window? That would be much appreciated. :)

I've asked Lucas to do so, as well as add an extra bind to open the Escape Menu without closing windows.

Edit: Turns out F12 already opens the escape menu that way.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:25:50 PM by Thy Reaper »

eRe4s3r

• Contributor
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 06:32:44 PM »
F12 is also the default screen cap key when using the steam overlay.... meaning it opens the menu then takes a screenshot (in steam) (weirdly, it only happens this way since 1.0.7.0) before it took a screenshot (in steam) and then opened the window.

Weird..

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »
Ah, good point. I'll change it to be F10 then.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »
[UI] F7 will now open the civil acts window.
[UI] F10 will open the escape menu without closing any windows. (Used to be F12)

Thank you!

F10 is a great choice btw, I sometimes find myself hitting F10 and waiting for the menu to open (quite a few games I know use F10 as menu key). :D