Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Star Ruler Discussion / Re: I have returned for a little while
« Last post by Rizack on August 01, 2017, 03:00:07 AM »
hit me up on steam if ya want to... play :)
Star Ruler 2 Discussion / Need Help with "The Ancients" / "The First"
« Last post by Stormz on January 14, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »
Hey guys

hoping someone would help me out here ...

i like the playstyle of the race "The First" / "The Ancients" but i cannt handle them in long playing end games in multiplayer ... .. .

the main problem i think is that the first are not able to terraform in any way ... or is there a possibility to terraform planets ??? ... in regular way like all other races they cannt terraform ... is there another method ?

artificial planets are ( near ) useless for them ... ringworlds can only be used for massive production or massiv improving ships ...

my biggest problem is the money ... i need more money ^^ ... for the first all depends on "LUCK" of the planets you find ... there are no possibility to have controll about economy like other races ... the mono can terraform all water and food planets in the resources they need ... thats incredible ... the first cannt do anythink like this ...

there should be buildings like the lab they have to produce money, energy and influence for an amount of ore + base materials ...

someone know if there is an possibility to generate money / energy with the lack of no terraforming for the first ???
is there a way to get a lvl 5 planet with the first ? tier 1 / 2 / 3 resource planets have its level automatically after own it ... flt crystal planet for examble - is there a way to upgrade them to tier 5 ???

thx for helping
Star Ruler Discussion / I have returned for a little while
« Last post by TheDarkLord on January 11, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
I bought a steam key for SR1 to make it even handier for me to keep up with.
What's been up since roughly 2012 or 2013?
One of my cousins bought SR2 but I wasn't too impressed with it when he let me try it out, it just seemed too simple to me.
I remember in my most successful game back in the day, I had super carriers jumping planet sized mining stations and ships out to asteroid systems. I even had one carrier hauling my battle fleet around via jump drive. I never did get a galaxy sized Battleship built, sadly.

Galactic Armory / Re: Tweaking the Game Data Files
« Last post by seronis on October 02, 2016, 05:20:48 PM »
The files arent read-only unless you have issues with your anti virus or on windows with UAC.   Make sure the game is installed someplace like  c:/games/starruler and NOT in    /ProgramFiles/ and it will avoid UAC issues.  You'll need to look up specific info if its antivirus related.

Other than that the majority of all files you mod are just text.  So editing with Notepad++ shouldnt give you any problems as long as something else isnt interfering.
Galactic Armory / Tweaking the Game Data Files
« Last post by Durandal on September 02, 2016, 09:21:20 PM »
Hello everyone. First off let me say that I love this game, and wonderful the Galactic Armory mod.

I've been playing this game for years now, and while it's fun I'd really love to be able to tweak it. Add in certain ideas that I have about new weapons, subsytems, ect.

However, I can't seem to be able to do this. The game data files are read-only and no matter what I do I can not get the settings to accept my changes. Has anyone else had this problem and if so know how to change it?
Bug Reports / Re: Ship Designs website broken
« Last post by theshwal on July 03, 2016, 02:20:34 AM »
same problem could you fix that?
Bugs & Support / game lock-up on load
« Last post by amerelium on June 12, 2016, 07:49:48 AM »
Anyone else experienced that at a certain point in a game, when it gets over a certain size, you can no longer load a savegame?

Game doesn't crash, it just leaved you at the loading screen.

And no, game is only using 10% of my PCs harware.

Wake of the Heralds edition
Looking for ways to optimize my gov scripts so that im not polling the research web more often than needed.
Modding / [solved] Unsure if random error in console log is important.
« Last post by seronis on May 28, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »
https://github.com/seronis/StarRulerElite/archive/indev.zip

While doing a quick test game before pushing my changes to the repo I noticed that the console log had a new line.

"Unable to bind all functions for module planet."

Normally if you get a message like that you also have several script compiling error lines but there are no compiling errors listed, and in game I didnt notice any ill behavior.  This line doesnt show up when running a standard game and it doesnt show up when using a 100% unmodified planet.as file in my mod.  Which probably means its not referring to the onQueueEvent or onRepair functions that are commented out by default in that file (and thus not bound).

Anyone able to help me figure out what I did wrong or if this can be safely ignored?

-edit-

Reaper pointed out to me that error is related to import statements at the top of the file not finding a match for a function you try to import. This was the answer as I forgot to add an older file i edited to my current copy of the mod.
Modding / [resource] A more diverse empire color set
« Last post by seronis on May 09, 2016, 07:07:04 PM »
Attached is a replacement EmpireColors.txt  (should be placed in ".../Star Ruler/Mods/[modname]/Game Data") that expands the empire color choices from their default 9 to 30 semi-bright colors evenly spread along the color spectrum from red to violet. There are no pastels or desaturated tones. There are also 6 shades of gray including black and white for a total of 36 options.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10