Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Star Ruler Discussion / Custom RingWorld texture
« Last post by First Artist on March 26, 2016, 11:44:40 AM »
Hi there fellow star rulers! ;D
Here is a edited version of the ringworld texture that i made out of boredom...
I figured that the original texture was good but too repetitive of the same set of continents thus rendering it too surrealistic...
The giant solar panels where also a big waste of precious space so i changed them for smaller pieces of "world-scape" ;D (note of warning - the worlds that replace the solar panels also replace the back side of the mesh)
Why replace the solar panels with worlds? well think of it this way:
If u need power you got the full two hemispheres of the star to plant u'r solar panels why plant them in the same small ring area of the world...?

if u thing this is good then hope u enjoy it!  :)
after download put it in your install directory ...images/planets (this is a replace mod, it doesn't add a new ringworld texture)

reply with nice comments or helpful criticism and since i'm a noob modder can i add new planet textures to the game?
and if so how? (besides replacing them) :)
Modding / Re: Any mods wanted
« Last post by BlueTemplar on March 04, 2016, 03:47:09 AM »
See also my thread down the very same page :
"Will Steam Workshop split the modding community?"
http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=6676.0
Steam changes the url format that downloads the mods, and the guy who manages the script updates it to use the new protocol.  yes it gets disabled periodically and very quickly works again.
And who will want to bother with that, especially if you never know if, and for how long it will keep working?
Modding / Re: Working on a new mod. Anyone else doing so too?
« Last post by seronis on January 25, 2016, 08:11:18 AM »
0 == destroyed.   So that would be bad.   Setting it insanely large and then doing the regeneration thing is easiest way to make it immortal.  Well immortal except against ships the size of solar systems that blow up the whole planet in one shot.
Galactic Armory / Re: Any Future Development
« Last post by Rizack on January 23, 2016, 05:38:27 PM »
im also not a fan of SR2 lol. i would like to see more modding done for the first game all we have to chose is GA for those of us with steam, while GA is good i would like to see some new idea's for the first game...

im trying my hand at modding but it is giving me mixed results...
« Last post by Rizack on January 23, 2016, 06:19:56 AM »
well i was testing with ai and i attacked my own planet and i lost it so i cant figure it out lol....
« Last post by Rizack on January 23, 2016, 12:46:23 AM »
well now i just need some one to help me test the mod in multiplayer lol to make sure it works...
« Last post by Rizack on January 22, 2016, 11:46:30 PM »
hum what would happen if i set the health of the gal cap to zero what do you think that would do??

im thinking that may make it immortal lol....

probably not though....
« Last post by seronis on January 22, 2016, 02:39:46 AM »
Well I will assume you know where the definition for the galactic capital is in structures.txt.   I dont think any buildings specifically have an immortal flag that you can set.  So what I would probably do is have a custom effect added where that effects definition just sets current health to max health.   Or you could edit the planet.as file and in the tick() function you could check if the galactic cap is on the planet and heal it if so.   Either method should work unless the capital (and entire planet) is taken out in a single blast.
« Last post by Rizack on January 20, 2016, 10:52:43 PM »
right now im trying to figure out how to make the Galactic Capitol building immortal once i do that i can work on more stuff i want to make it so the players home planet and npc too.

im building off of the standard game right now.
« Last post by seronis on January 12, 2016, 05:27:42 AM »
Will love to check it out if you end up making the mod.  I only got partway through my galactic bank stuff when I had to reinstall my computer because of a failed windows update and forgot to backup my game folders.  So lost the work and never restarted it.  May get around to it someday though right now Im going through another Skyrim playthrough. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10