Author Topic: v1.0.8.2 → v1.0.9.0 Changelog (Releasing)  (Read 45669 times)

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
v1.0.8.2 → v1.0.9.0 Changelog (Releasing)
« on: July 13, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »
Live Patch Notes for version 1.0.9.0
Download 1.0.8.2 → 1.0.9.0
Previous Patch: 1.0.8.0 → 1.0.8.2

Changes: Final
[Fixed] Ships on hold or defend position stance will no longer move because of work with tool orders.
[Fixed] Homeworlds had less hitpoints than was normal for planets.
[Fixed] The game did not render while maximized.
[Fixed] Notification of new treaties only occurs when a new treaty is actually proposed, and a sound plays for each unique treaty proposed.
[Fixed] Boarding defense did not work.
[Fixed] Number suffixes on dates when saving were slightly wrong.
[Fixed] Culling of graphics nodes was horribly broken in virtually all cases. The game should perform much better with lots of ships in the galaxy, so long as they aren't on screen.
[Fixed] Under attack alerts would only appear once per system.
[Fixed] Choosing a govern via the right click menu didn't automatically enable that governor.
[Changed] The balanced start map option is now on by default.
[Changed] Reduced modification factors for shift/alt on camera movement.
[Changed] Notification icons can now be right-clicked to dismiss them.
[Changed] Planetary conditions are now visible after exploring, instead of only after colonization.
[Changed] Ordering a non-dangerous tool (Interdictor, Attractor, ...) to fire on your own ship no longer requires you to force / hold control.
[Changed] Shipyards now provide a small ammo generation / storage.
[Changed] System Window now lists Dry Docks (can be filtered out).
[Changed] Build on Best/Build on All from right click menu now take Dry Docks into account.
[Changed] Carriers on 'Hold Fire' stance no longer undock their fighters to engage.
[Balanced] Targeting Sensors now increase range by a much larger amount relative to their size.
[Balanced] Positive planetary conditions are now slightly more common than negative ones.
[Added] New ringworld model. Thanks WarStalkeR!
[Added] 5 new planet textures, 3 new ring textures and 2 new cloud textures. Thanks JonnyDawe!
[Added] System Blockades: if there are over twice as many enemies in a system as you have forces, none of your planets or ships will be able to access the galactic bank in that system.
[Added] Empires now have race portraits chosen from the race customization window. Thanks Hazzard!
[Added] Redid the tutorial to be more interactive and (we hope) more interesting.
[Added] New subsystem: External Mount. Linked sub system takes up no space (the mount always takes up 1.0 space), but takes damage after shields and before armor.
[Added] New subsystem: Chemical Bomb. Can only target planets, kills a lot of population but leaves structures intact.
[Added] Groups of haulers can now be ordered to "Keep Supplying This" on an object. The selected haulers will collect resources from the system they're in and supply them to the object, then return to the system they were originally in and repeat.
[Added] Added bind 'Focus on Object' to the options menu that mimics middle-mouse-click.
[Added] Added a 'Temperature Falloff' option to the new game settings (default on). Decides the distribution of planet types based roughly off of the temperature the planet would experience.
[Added] Added 'Spread out Empires' and 'Keep allies together' options to the new game settings (default on). Attempts to spread out non-allies and bunch up allies when generating the map, respectively.
[Added] Button on the message ticker to open a log window that displays a scrollable list of previous empire messages.
[Added] 'LAN' tab on the multiplayer menu to discover LAN games without needing to find the local IP manually.
[Added] New object information panel displaying more graphical information and with individually cancellable orders.
[Added] Added new weapon effects from Galactic Armory, thanks XTRMNTR2K!
[UI] Resizing the blueprints window now makes the layout circle bigger, making it easier to place sub systems on crowded designs.
[UI] Ordering a tool to fire that requires a forced order now prompts for it.
[UI] Queue Management window for Dry Docks now displays resource cost/progress.
[UI] Added notification icon for when someone declares war on you.
[UI] Added notification icon when a tech is leveled up, a link is finished, or a tech is unlocked.
[UI] Added notification icon when a planet is colonized or lost.
[UI] The 'Update Threshold' in blueprints is now more sensible - a value of 1 should update when all sub systems have been affected by 1 tech level increase.
[UI] 'New Game Menu' settings are now remembered between games. You may also save and load these settings.
[UI] Trade window hides clauses that can't actually be added to the treaty due to peace agreements or war declarations.
[UI] Holding shift while clicking a technology/link now queues it behind other techs but before repeated technologies.
[UI] Multiplayer window now remembers the last IP/Port entered for connect.
[UI] There is now a button directly opening the civil acts window next to the empire bank display.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:04:28 PM by GGLucas »

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
Re: Live Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:27:39 PM »
Some work in progress screenshots of the race portraits. Note that these are clumsily cut versions of Hazzard's portraits, and not the final versions.

Doing diplomacy with empires shows their portrait.

A shot of the first page of the new tutorial.

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 03:52:36 PM »
Changes: Not Final
[Added] System Blockades: if there are over twice as many enemies in a system as you have forces, none of your planets or ships will be able to access the galactic bank in that system.
how will this work? just by having more ships then the owner? or do we need a tech or subsystem to do it?  :-\

[Added] Empires now have race portraits chosen from the race customization window. Thanks Hazzard!
we'll be able not to have a "being" in front of the logo? or add our own "being"?  :P
the human is missing fox ears (and tail) for my taste  :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:57:45 PM by Deantwo »
-----------------------
"DarkAngel: for me Star Ruler at first sounded like a game where you play with music and have to reach a score"

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 03:57:10 PM »
A system is blockaded if the enemy has more than twice the scale in the system than you do.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »
Some work in progress screenshots of the race portraits. Note that these are clumsily cut versions of Hazzard's portraits, and not the final versions.

Changelog and screens are looking shockingly awesome, to say the least. Definately quite an improvement over the status quo.

I guess one of the next 1? 2? patches is going to be the version provided with the retail release?

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 04:02:34 PM »
A system is blockaded if the enemy has more than twice the scale in the system than you do.
does this count for pirates too? cause if so... the start of the game will be very hard... i mean... how will you defend your self if they suddenly attack your only system?
-----------------------
"DarkAngel: for me Star Ruler at first sounded like a game where you play with music and have to reach a score"

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 04:04:07 PM »
does this count for pirates too? cause if so... the start of the game will be very hard... i mean... how will you defend your self if they suddenly attack your only system?

Better build up some defenses first.

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 04:05:53 PM »
Better build up some defenses first.
ok... even more reason to hate pirates i guess  ???
i mean... my friends already never play with pirates... but with this... i'll never get them to do it  :-\
-----------------------

Firgof

• BMS Administrator
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 04:08:36 PM »
(You can customize the blockade difficulty :) )
"Now it will punish you"

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »
(You can customize the blockade difficulty :) )
sounds good... but i still think it'd be better if it was a kind of subsystem  ::)
-----------------------

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
how will you defend your self if they suddenly attack your only system?

Most of your production capacity in the early game comes from your galactic capitol. Producing a sufficient fleet to fend off pirates from your galactic capitol shouldn't be a problem.

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 04:15:36 PM »
Most of your production capacity in the early game comes from your galactic capitol. Producing a sufficient fleet to fend off pirates from your galactic capitol shouldn't be a problem.
i am evil if i say that i still like the idea of it being a subsystem? i mean... that way you have to make ships that are meant to Blockade and/or fight off Blockades... maybe just who as the most/biggest "Blockade power" (total scale of all Blockade subsystems in system) in system  ::)

but yeah i can see how this can be used well for stopping your enemy from taking control of a system... very useful either way  :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:23:10 PM by Deantwo »
-----------------------

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 04:31:42 PM »
that way you have to make ships that are meant to Blockade and/or fight off Blockades...

Well firstly it doesn't make very much sense conceptually: why do you need a special subsystem to stop and/or shoot at civilian ships?

Secondly, I think one of the main points here is that when attacking, you won't get mauled by the enemy building a defense fleet while you try to kill their planets. It equalizes the balance in favor of the attacker somewhat. Having to have special sub systems would make it a lot less useful.

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 04:37:56 PM »
Well firstly it doesn't make very much sense conceptually: why do you need a special subsystem to stop and/or shoot at civilian ships?

Secondly, I think one of the main points here is that when attacking, you won't get mauled by the enemy building a defense fleet while you try to kill their planets. It equalizes the balance in favor of the attacker somewhat. Having to have special sub systems would make it a lot less useful.
yeah you have a point... and i can see what you mean... just throwing ideas out there  :-[ sorry

but yeah... some system wide subsystems like that could be interesting... maybe something like ECM vs ECCM?  :-\

ooh by the way... any news on Ship's Crew have no beds = Ship's Crew all die
(last question for tonight i promise... going to bed  :-[)
-----------------------

skeolan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »

Wow, that looks intensely cool. Thanks guys, and cheers esp. to Hazzard for the awesome portraits!

wundte

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
Any chance to see some nebulas soon?

Davor

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »
Those racial pics add so much to the game. You would never think it did until it's not added. Now the screen doesn't look so bland, what a great touch.

Hazzard

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »
Cool! I am currently painting up the 4th one (Jamaican Vorlon ;))

I should have it to you by the end of this week or next weekend.

Hopefully!!!... I can have another one or two done by the end of this month... hopefully!

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 01:02:13 AM »
Some  work in progress screenshots of the race portraits. Note that these are  clumsily cut versions of Hazzard's portraits, and not the final  versions.

When I compare it to what was at the beginning ( August 23rd 2010) it is great progress.
[Added] New ringworld model. Thanks WarStalkeR!
Will be only a new model or with code destroying all planets in a system? I like the way it works now.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 01:12:30 AM »
Just the model.

Volley

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 01:38:32 AM »

Could you be somewhat more precise on "twice as many"?
Does a Scale 0.004 Scout or fighter count as much as a scale 100 Orbital Station?
I sense a bit of a balancing issue if one can cause Blockades even if he is way weaker by just using more but way smaller ships.
Would be easy to counter by using lot's of small units for defense in every system, but i don't think the game should favor strategies like that because of performance reasons.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:41:22 AM by Volley »

Volley

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 01:50:48 AM »

Draft for a "high metabolism" race portrait

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 02:08:49 AM »
Could you be somewhat more precise on "twice as many"?
Does a Scale 0.004 Scout or fighter count as much as a scale 100 Orbital Station?
I sense a bit of a balancing issue if one can cause Blockades even if he is way weaker by just using more but way smaller ships.
Would be easy to counter by using lot's of small units for defense in every system, but i don't think the game should favor strategies like that because of performance reasons.

It goes by total size of military vessels, with planets being something like 7.5, and only counting for defenders.

Newonemax

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »
I would love to see an updated version of the muli-galaxy/advanced spiral galaxy mod that works with the new unique systems.

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:31 AM »
Sounds great so far, the pictures are awesome.

Newonemax, thats more a request for the modders who made them, than the devs.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

mecharm

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 10:09:11 AM »
Oh, wow. Amazing... :o

Any eta on this one?

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:11 AM »
Any eta on this one?

We're aiming for early next week.

sootheater

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 01:13:54 PM »
I would love to see an updated version of the muli-galaxy/advanced spiral galaxy mod that works with the new unique systems.

Ya I'm waiting on that one too. The thing that Starruler does that no other space game is even attempting is that you can expand technologically to become a full fledged lv 3 civilization. Now it needs to become a lv 4 or 5 civilization for the galaxy sized spaceships  ;D

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »
Changes: Not Final
[Added] New subsystem: External Mount. Linked sub system takes up no space (the mount always takes up 1.0 space), but takes damage after shields and before armor.
sounds like a good thing for stations with solar panels... maybe just for fun rather then defense  :P

damn thinking up soooo many good uses for this now  :o i so want it right now!  :D

one question... it'll still depend on one side of the ship he's placed? or?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:45:01 PM by Deantwo »
-----------------------

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »
one question... it'll still depend on one side of the ship he's placed? or?

It puts it in a separate "layer", like armor works. Any external mounted systems will be hit before armor, but if you have multiple externally mounted systems they will be hit depending on direction.