Author Topic: Is there a way??  (Read 1207 times)

DHarry

• View Profile
Is there a way??
« on: April 25, 2015, 06:13:40 PM »
To STOP the game from alerting me EVERY time a single scout ship or civilian transport from someone I am at war with comes within one of my systems?  Every 5 seconds I am getting one of the "system under attack" alerts only to check it and see maybe some civilian ship or something blowing up. Sometimes there are so many of them that I start to disregard them and then of course one of them is a legit attack and I lose a world.

Is there somewhere I can adjust what it alerts me for? Please...

Brigadon

• View Profile
Re: Is there a way??
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 04:26:49 AM »
I feel your pain. I always feel it's a sort of harassment attack.

As far as I know, there's no way to disable the alerts. It is INTENDED to warn you when someone hostile comes into your system so you have a chance to respond to the attacks, but in practice, because those stupid default scout ships have weapons (no clue why, they are useless) it simply means you get hundreds of alerts.

Frankly, some of the default ships I don't get... the heavy carrier is okay, but the dreadnaught is too weak to even take on the weakest group of remnants, the scout has an utterly useless weapon that jacks up the price and slows it down for no reason, and the defense station is only useful if you immediately increase it's size by 50%. It's almost like they were designed for a different sort of game.

DHarry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »
lol it is not just the scouts.  Whenever my defense plats shoot at even a civilian ship I get an alert.  But whatever, I guess we can just deal with it. And yeah, I up my defense orbital to 400 as soon as I can.

Stalker0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 01:19:11 AM »
I will echo this frustration, it is truly annoying.

As for the default ships, I'm pretty sure they will get a balance pass with time. I think most of the capitals don't come with enough armor either.
Also the beam ship has no frontal armor which makes them much more fragile than they should be.

Brigadon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 11:01:20 PM »
I think it's supposed to be 'encouragement' for a new player to delve into the ship maker, but because of the way it is set up, you are left with a ton of useless supports because;

A. The laser boat HAS to be your largest support, with only a single laser, because otherwise lasers simply won't penetrate
B. The laser boat HAS to have heavier armor, because it has a short range.

Not to mention things like the scripts are not really explained in any sort of depth, nor are raiders.