Author Topic: Alternate Tech Grid  (Read 1064 times)

eddieballgame

• View Profile
Alternate Tech Grid
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:00:02 AM »
Modded the Tech Grid by creating the branches, "developments", "improvements", "unlocks", & combined "keystones & special". The 4 main branches then extend based on research cost.

The vanilla version is just the default game techs, (with a slight twist at the beginning) the #II version has an additional 25 techs, basically upgrades to available techs. Not sure how...sensible this is, more of an experiment.

A typing error has been fixed in the descriptions.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:57:36 PM by eddieballgame »

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Tech Grid
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:13:57 PM »
I would recommend either ModDB or the Steam Workshop, depending on which version of the game you have and/or are targeting. (No harm in having both, for that matter.)

eddieballgame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
Thank you, the version I have is...v1.0.2, May 12th which I think is the latest.

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 06:23:53 AM »
No, I meant Steam versus every other distributor. :P

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 08:05:46 PM »
At least with Star Ruler 1 they didnt include steam binary stuff in the game.   Utterly steam/drm free.  Did this change in SR2 ?

My point is the version on steam should be the exact same version as hosted anywhere else.
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 04:38:30 AM »
It is functionally similar, with the only major difference being that Steam players can upload their mods to - or download other people's mods from - the Steam Workshop. There certainly is no DRM, and mods will work the same on Steam and non-Steam versions alike, but they are not 100% identical. (Aside from the mod bit, the differences are, IIRC, minor stuff like a slightly different ID when using the ingame IRC client and having to tell the game to check for updates.)

As far as the game's files themselves are concerned, I think the only difference is that non-Steam versions don't have a .steam file and instead have an updater.exe - other than that, it's just a bunch of if-else blocks checking if it's being run through Steam.