Author Topic: Questions about Logistics  (Read 1641 times)

Virtokaii

• View Profile
Questions about Logistics
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »
1. I often see planets storing more material than they have storage space for (under Economy on the right panel, bottom-center screen), what gives?

2. The comunity manual mentions something about a resource tab in the planet window that would show exactly where all the resources are going, can't find that tab though.

3. How many Space Ports do you build on a planet (Economic, Goods, etc.)? Because I can't exactly follow where all my resources are going on a planet, I think I use too few (between 2-4).

4. Expanding on the last question, I plan on making one planet per system a dedicated Space Port and have Haulers ship the resources to where they are needed, thoughts?

Hmm, I thought I had more questions when I started this post, but they don't come to me at the moment, so that's it for now I guess... :p

Thx in advance

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
Re: Questions about Logistics
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 11:29:46 AM »
 For #1, that's cargo capacity.

For #2, it's called the economy tab instead.

Virtokaii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »
For #1, that's cargo capacity.

For #2, it's called the economy tab instead.

to 1. Ok, but why is it often listed at 1xx%? How can a planet store more than it has capacity for?

to 2. Thought as much, but I can rarely make out where my resources are going, or are needed. I think it's because it only displays actual flow rather than displaying demand as well.

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »
to 1. I also wonder.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 01:16:25 PM »
It's listed at e.g. 120% because it is using 100% of its specialized capacity, and an extra 20% of that capacity in cargo storage. Since cargo storage is a general container, it's very difficult to represent a proper stored percent per-resource.

Virtokaii

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
Ok, thx.

One more question though, do Haulers haul food as well? There seems to be no entry for food storage on cargo bays and occasionally I've seen some of my world's food supply fall to zero.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »
They do not.

Virtokaii

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »
It's listed at e.g. 120% because it is using 100% of its specialized capacity, and an extra 20% of that capacity in cargo storage. Since cargo storage is a general container, it's very difficult to represent a proper stored percent per-resource.

Just trying to see if I understood this correctly. So, if the resource wasn't used at the moment, but the planet had 50% of it's max capacity store, it would show as 50%. But if the resource was used at 20% it would show as 70%. That about right?

They do not.

Ouch, so the only ways to supply food are locally produced and through the trade network? Any plans on changing this in the future?

Come to think of it, what are you'r plans with Star Ruler for the future? Upgrades/patches, a sequel, an expansion?

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 02:04:32 PM »
Each resources uses its dedicated storage, then some amount of cargo storage. The resulting percentage is (Cargo Used + Dedicated Used)/Dedicated Max