Author Topic: Strategy Guide?  (Read 976 times)

ssutcliffe

• View Profile
Strategy Guide?
« on: September 18, 2012, 03:28:19 AM »
I won my first game of Star Ruler recently by downloading and following SandurBaruma's empire and guide. If you were to put out a strategy guide that explained better some of the features, such as creating your own queue for planets (which I never knew about until seeing it in the guide).  I still have questions about how certain game dynamics work - such as Labor.  Do things like the slaves trait, or having high happiness make any difference when using dry docks?  It seemed like they should affect labor, which I thought gets greatly lowered if not cancelled with dry docks - but I don't know if that's how it works.  I also didn't know that shields would cover externally mounted items on ships - such as the shield generators themselves. It would be really nice to have such things in an actual printed guide - which I would be glad to pay you money for, and support the game and studio. It may make it easier for newbies who don't generally like RTS games to succeed too - and perhaps recommend this game to their friends. I'd love to see Star Ruler get more coverage - it's a vastly under known game.