Author Topic: The Unified Force - Star Wars Themed Total Conversion  (Read 2205 times)

Titanicus

• Sentient
    • View Profile
The Unified Force - Star Wars Themed Total Conversion
« on: March 15, 2015, 05:32:17 AM »
Hey all. This is the main topic for my new total conversion "The Unified Force".

Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408258828
Moddb direct download Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-unified-force

Current Version: 0.045

Current features:
-Full set of Imperial craft for galactic domination plans
-Properly scaled ships with tweaked shaders
-Some basic ship designs using some of the new hulls

In the Near Future:
-Tech tree that rewards specializing in small ships/large ships/fast ships/etc...
-Getting the AI to use said tech tree properly

Known strangeness:
-Designs need more work, probably not until the AI gets a bit more beefy though.
-Some of the maintenance and cost scaling for ships may be off balance wise. If you think something is stupid, please post here.

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
Re: The Unified Force - Star Wars Themed Total Conversion
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 06:41:50 AM »
What, no Rebels? :P

Also, I wouldn't necessarily reward specializing via the tech tree. ABEM does that, and it's always been something I didn't particularly like. Instead, reward specializing via applied subsystems like TitanHull, not unlike what ArtofWar did in his "Diverse Hull Types". Make the 'standard' hull a fairly weak and useless thing compared to the specialized ones, and that should do the trick.

Putting all that aside for a moment: YOU'RE DOING THIS ALONE?! O_O
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 06:43:25 AM by dalolorn »

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 06:43:25 AM »
You had me at "full set of Imperial craft for galactic domination plans" ;D

Will definitely be trying this one out as well as keeping an eye on its development!

Oh, and may the force be with you :)

Titanicus

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 07:13:29 AM »
What, no Rebels? :P

Also, I wouldn't necessarily reward specializing via the tech tree. ABEM does that, and it's always been something I didn't particularly like. Instead, reward specializing via applied subsystems like TitanHull, not unlike what ArtofWar did in his "Diverse Hull Types". Make the 'standard' hull a fairly weak and useless thing compared to the specialized ones, and that should do the trick.

Putting all that aside for a moment: YOU'RE DOING THIS ALONE?! O_O

The guys at blind mind have just made the game so open to modding. It deserves some awesome mods.  ;)

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 07:21:47 AM »
I never said otherwise. I'm just saying I find it hard to believe you'll manage to keep working on it long enough. (Edit: If you do it alone, that is. Pretty huge mod you've set out to make, after all.) :P

Oh, also, I took a look at your files and posted a bit of a 'review' on the Workshop page. In retrospect, I should probably have posted it here instead, but whatever.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:26:49 AM by dalolorn »