Author Topic: Need Help with "The Ancients" / "The First"  (Read 625 times)

Stormz

• View Profile
Need Help with "The Ancients" / "The First"
« on: January 14, 2017, 12:59:08 PM »
Hey guys

hoping someone would help me out here ...

i like the playstyle of the race "The First" / "The Ancients" but i cannt handle them in long playing end games in multiplayer ... .. .

the main problem i think is that the first are not able to terraform in any way ... or is there a possibility to terraform planets ??? ... in regular way like all other races they cannt terraform ... is there another method ?

artificial planets are ( near ) useless for them ... ringworlds can only be used for massive production or massiv improving ships ...

my biggest problem is the money ... i need more money ^^ ... for the first all depends on "LUCK" of the planets you find ... there are no possibility to have controll about economy like other races ... the mono can terraform all water and food planets in the resources they need ... thats incredible ... the first cannt do anythink like this ...

there should be buildings like the lab they have to produce money, energy and influence for an amount of ore + base materials ...

someone know if there is an possibility to generate money / energy with the lack of no terraforming for the first ???
is there a way to get a lvl 5 planet with the first ? tier 1 / 2 / 3 resource planets have its level automatically after own it ... flt crystal planet for examble - is there a way to upgrade them to tier 5 ???

thx for helping

Brigadon

• View Profile
Re: Need Help with "The Ancients" / "The First"
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 07:21:14 PM »
First, Terraforming is highly unbalanced in Multiplayer, it gives the Mono literally an unbeatable advantage. There is nothing you can do to nullify or even moderate this advantage... That's why it is DISABLED by default.

In short, if you let your friend talk you into playing a game with terraforming turned on, you deserve the spanking you are going to get.

In essence, you are a military powerhouse. You can produce virtually limitless ore and Labor... and need to capitalize on that MILITARILY.
The first are not a peaceful resolution race. They are a conquerer race, all the way, and trying to play them against the peaceful ones on a diplomatic level is tying both of your hands behind your back.

The research that allows you to build flagships using ore instead of money is virtually custom-made for producing gigantic, powerful flagships, that move faster than you would believe.

You need to declare war and start conquering your enemies the moment you have 4 mines and 2 materials feeding into your homeworld. The first WERE living a peaceful, cooperative coexistence and then found out that it will not work to stop the precursors... So it's time to fight.

Not also that with 'resource scarcity' turned on, the first are the only race capable of effectively using the TONS of Barren worlds that are produced in a really BIG map. They are clearly a late-game race, but have enormous money, ore, and labor, battle powerhouse potential.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 07:37:55 PM by Brigadon »

Stormz

• View Profile
Re: Need Help with "The Ancients" / "The First"
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 03:37:03 AM »
hey Brigadon :-)

thx for answering ...

btw am i right ? the ancients can NOT terraform right ? - so it is no bug it like it should be ???