Author Topic: Remnant Gate Array  (Read 2735 times)

timtheblue

• View Profile
Remnant Gate Array
« on: July 04, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »
I've just conquered the Remnant gate system and am in the process of stealing large uncolonized planets from AI systems.  I must say, this system is ridiculously cool!  i used a 100 piece E-war focussed fleet including a bomber and boarding ship carrier, a 1000 scale vamping battleship and many armor repping logistics cruisers.  the fleet captured or disabled the remnant ships easily but were eaten by their system defense stations.  The gates were captured with ease by boarding cruisers.   After regrouping in a nearby system and restocking my carriers I returned to the gate system with the carriers and 3 1000 scale battleships.  My vampire ship could not kill the defense stations' huge power reserves so it was pretty useless, but torps and plasma throwers put some nice hurt on them.  I decided I wanted these hefty stations intact, so I quickly spammed 600 boarding cruisers and had them focus fire on one at a time.  The defense stations were busy trying to kill the captured Remnant Gates, so from then out I lost very few ships.  After some time, I found that the whole system was mine!  Now I've got three 20 slot  planets from AI territory, along with a 25 and a 31  and more to come.  Next objective, hunt down the Remnant Imperial Seat and warp it into the rain of destruction!  Then on to the AI... :)  nice addition guys!

CaseMonster

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: Remnant Gate Array
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 01:23:14 PM »
Yeah i just found one of these.  (I usually leave remnants off) I'm not for sure how to use it.

timtheblue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:24:23 PM »
it took me a few minutes to get it.  you  left click to select the gate (after boarding it) and then right click any object in the galaxy.  select 'warp object into system' and voila!  i stole all the ai's homeworlds bahahahaa!  i was disappointed to see that the remnant imperial seat hadn't generated :( cuz i wanted it. 

TotalForge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
This is definitely a fun feature in the game. If you warp in an enemy planet, you also get everything that was in orbit around it, so be ready to deal with anything from a few ships to a ring of fat battle stations. Keep your scouting up to date to avoid nasty surprises.

Hazzard

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:22:17 PM »
When I found the Remnant gate array system I slowly captured all systems around it until it was safe from other empires. Then I designed and built a long range artillery system around every planet in every system surrounding the gate array system. Two or three on each planet in fact. The artillery stations had plenty of range, enough to hit anything within the Remnant system.

Then I began to slowly seed scouts into the system to get eyes on it, selecting my artillery, pausing it and bit by bit selecting every single enemy in the system. It took a while but I was able to win a flawless victory, picking apart their defences and fleets with concentrated long range shelling.

Very tedious but oh so satisfying. It is still my super duper extra special probably never going to happen happy wish that artillery stations can spot targets outside the system they are in... because I like to turtle and because my long game strategy uses these artillery stations it can be very tiresome having to manually fire them, I just wish they could pick out and fire on targets of a certain size anywhere within their range freely.

I understand why this can't happen, but hopefully with SR 2 who knows ;) ;) ;) ;)