Author Topic: Planets collisions  (Read 2191 times)

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
Planets collisions
« on: July 10, 2011, 06:14:55 AM »
Poor inhabitants of Volm III! They have to endure collision with Volm II every 3 years for few weeks.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:56:26 AM by maxi »

decman117

• View Profile
Re: Planets collisions
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 07:59:38 AM »
that happens to me sometimes. had it once where they were on the exact same orbit, going the same way, inside each other, ended up killing the bigger one, it wsas so annoying

forsaken1111

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »
Amusingly with planetary thrusters you can park several planets in close orbit around another planet and they will clip through each other every few minutes. :)
Dropbox - A free cloud storage tool.
Die2Nite  - A multiplayer zombie survival game.

Unreal2004GF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 01:48:18 PM »
Wish there was actual collisions in this game though, would make it interesting to colonize a small slot 5 planet, build a planetary thruster on it and move it into the orbit of an enemy's planet and let all hell break loose.  I also hate the fact that you can fly through the planets and suns, one game I love to play is Hegmonia (Haegmonia) Legions of Iron, you actually get damage if you get too close to the sun (which can be negated to a point with research, I can imagine this can be done in this game and be negated with a certain tech.....like radiators, reflectors or something).  Or hell have a construction ship actually build a small thruster on an asteroid (lets say to move it closer to a planet to dump the ore there directly) but use it as a weapon too, have it fly into a planet.

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 01:50:18 PM »
Ironically there maybe a form of collision coming in the future.

In 1082 English locale "Ram" was localized as a tool option.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

Unreal2004GF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 01:52:10 PM »
Oooooooooooooooooooo  :o  I have always wanted that option too, I have had a few times where I wanted to ram a ship with one I had about to die just so it was definitely caught in the AM explosion :D

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »
We localized it just in case we figured out a way to do it in time, but we've been busy on other things and haven't figured out a proper way to do ram orders as of now. Sorry.

Unreal2004GF

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 02:06:01 PM »
We localized it just in case we figured out a way to do it in time, but we've been busy on other things and haven't figured out a proper way to do ram orders as of now. Sorry.

Awwwwwwwww thats ok though, not to hijack the thread but is there a way to make heat damage from getting too close to the sun without proper gear??  Say 0.5AU?  And closer if you do have the gear?  Thats one thing I loved about Hegmonia, I run (if outgunned) right to the edge of the star and let it kill my enemies if they didnt have the tech, if they did I hoped I had better engines haha.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm wonder if I should try my hand at modding and fiddling.................

Someone_From_The_Dark

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 02:19:44 PM »
Ships would have to be programmed to path around stars, which would add a significant amount of CPU usage if I'm not mistaken.