Author Topic: Planet Clusters, Ringworlds, and Massive Scale Ships  (Read 4985 times)

Redryder

• The Evil Fanboy
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
Planet Clusters, Ringworlds, and Massive Scale Ships
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:42:35 AM »
Moved 217 planets to one star system. Planets, if encouraged, can develop some crazy orbits around eachother, creating clusters Built my first ringworld. Built my first ship above scale 10k. 4 ships in the last pic are packed full of directed spacial manipulators. The 2 smaller 500k scale ships have alpha output of 269T each. The two mediums sized 1M scale ships have alpha output of 538T each. The largest ship scale 2.5M has missile and torpedo mounts, and has ridiculous range.

colonyan

• Distracted
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Clusters, Ringworlds, and Massive Scale Ships
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
Wow. Just Wow.

Wow.

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 04:58:51 AM »
Wow especially the first one.

Redryder

• The Evil Fanboy
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 12:34:01 AM »
I ended that game by blowing the quasar, causing a chain reaction expected. The local supernova destroyed everything but the ringworld and the 4 big ships. The ringworld's shields were barely scratched. Also I noticed that: once you have a ringworld built there is no more jumping to that star as far as I can tell. Every time I try right clicking on the star, and from every angle, I get the ringworld right click menu. Before you build your ringworld you might try pinning the star to the UI, and try right clicking on the star that way. Maybe set the star to a control group.(This game has those key bindings right?example: ctrl+1 binds a group of ships to the 1 key?) I haven't had a chance to try any of this yet, I don't have a save before I built the ringworld. In fact the only save I have is after I blow the ring world with dsm, so if I want another one I'll have to start from scratch.  :P This game was a vs. 4 hardest AI; 75 star system map. I killed the last AI by 5 hours in. I reached the tech for ringworld in about 6 and 1/2 hours, I almost had enough resources to build the ringworld by then too. I have a much better plan for how to best "download" the ringworld next time. My next plan is to play a game against 8 hardest AIs on a 150 star system map, so hopefully mid-late late game I will get to use the ringworld, and in a practical way.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:54:53 AM by Redryder »

Bos187

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 05:29:54 PM »
Also I noticed that: once you have a ringworld built there is no more jumping to that star as far as I can tell. Every time I try right clicking on the star, and from every angle, I get the ringworld right click menu.

you can zoom out far enough that clicking will make you select the system itself. Then you can jump.
This also works on asteroid systems

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 06:20:34 PM »
you can zoom out far enough that clicking will make you select the system itself. Then you can jump.
This also works on asteroid systems

That is not true for standard Star Ruler, Galactic Armoury or Jump Drive Mod only.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

Bos187

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 06:48:45 PM »
Oh, I didn't know that. That's too bad, then.