Author Topic: [Archive] Galactic Armory Discussion Thread  (Read 101079 times)

Malebogia

• View Profile
Re: [Archive] Galactic Armory Discussion Thread
« Reply #2340 on: July 16, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »
Sadly my game keeps crashing after about an hour of gametime, is this the known issue talked about in the main thread http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=1868.0? If so i would like to point out that this apparently corrupts the save files aswell as reloading an autosave where this crash occurred will lead to the crash reoccuring within minutes(which isn't the usual behaviour for a memory leak or is it?).

Changing graphical settings or the size of the galaxy also doesn't appear to significantly change the time till the crash. If this is already fixed internally i would be extremely curious what the cause was, that bug cost me so many good games i want to personally go and hit it with a stick ;D.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:21:51 PM by Malebogia »

crys

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: July 16, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »
uh im sure the moders would love youre savegame with the bug happening everytime.
this could be the best way to fix it - better save it, before it is lost

Malebogia

• View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: July 16, 2012, 02:53:32 PM »
uh im sure the moders would love youre savegame with the bug happening everytime.
this could be the best way to fix it - better save it, before it is lost

Well ... thats a very very good idea. There is just this small ... problem. I wanted to make sure the bug really happens 100% of the time so i continued the autosave which produced the crash. Needless to say now that it knew i was ready to tell on it the bug scurried away and hid :o.

I keep looking wether i can reproduce the bug somehow, though that game only had 8 systems total so maybe that just wasn't enough to reliably trigger it.

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: July 16, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »
Just to let you know we have a bug report forum as a sub forum called GA: Help & Support you can use that to report bugs so we can keep track of them in a better way.

Edit:

Locking this thread for now for posterity, please feel free to start new threads I just really want to separate things out of the mega thread for easier tracking.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:49:21 PM by Azalrion »
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums