Author Topic: [Archive] Galactic Armory Discussion Thread  (Read 107734 times)

Tyrel

• View Profile
Re: [Archive] Galactic Armory Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 02:25:09 PM »
Are those numbers pulled from the mod or vanilla SR? Just asking because I'm not sure.

They're from the mod ofc, but i wouldn't think vanilla SR differs much, shields are useless there as well... I mean, they're good eyecandy and look strong against silly AI ships, but they would s*ck badly against any decent combat craft...

It's true that armor is on the outside of ship and it wouldn't be logical to use the interior room for it, but somehow it has to be balanced... It gives a lot more protection, at the cost of lower power and room usage, than shields... Early game it's ok if shields s*ck and you run with armored ships, but late game, shields should own badly...

I also like having quite few, but powerful (not even really big, just powerful by its tech) ships, but having them require no support at all is no fun (another issue not really related to your mod, but we could hope you to fix it :P)...

New engines?!
Gonnagocheckthisout!!4!

I don't like having my ships boarded, either... But shouldn't crew quarters do the trick?
Still, the idea isn't bad; maybe something similar especially for AI core-piloted ships.
Yeah that's another weird thing... i mean, how the heck does a computer core controlled ship get taken over by boarding partyes? ad1: there is no life support on board; ad2: there is no crew at all, so why would the ship even have hallways or anything similar, trough which they can get to the computer to hack it?... And even if there are some service tunnels, why wouldn't the AI just went the atmosphere with the boarders from them?...

Yeah well and how does the mind sapper put false illusions inside the "head" of the computer core?... Maybe if it was named omgwtf_haxx0rz device...

How about making the Ship construction technology to give 1 additional subsystem slot to hulls every X level? i.e. every 5 levels of ship construction science give your light hull an additional subsystem slot, 10 levels give 1 slot for standard, 15 1 slot for heavy?... So at lvl15 ship construction your light hull has 19 slots, the standard one has 16, and the heavy got 15, and so on... (dunno how it would be balanced, just made some quick example)

For balancing issues i can't add much, since 1.0.2.2. even the hard AI is awfully boring to play against, because it can't handle pirates and remnants, thus getting terribly weak... So i dont really have a real foe to test stuff against...
Anyways, does the AI use your modded modules as well?...

Also, talk a bit about Ringworlds... Its just something you're tempted to build, even if you don't need it...
But the cost is ridiculous, come on, who got that much materials?...
Yeah well, if you play on big maps and occupy at least 3 dozens of systems, you can slowly build a ringworld... but i think there are a lot of players including me, who don't really like to play on huge maps...
just as with the ships, i like to have few, but well developed systems/planets... Problem is, no matter how well they are developed, from 8-10 system i wont even get enough materials for a Ringworld if i'd play for a day...

Isn't it possible for the Ringworlds cost to scale based on the number of systems in the galaxy?...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 02:31:39 PM by Tyrel »

Tectonic

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 02:52:22 PM »
Looking at the armor entries in the data files - what's responsible for them not consuming any space? Is the the "Equips To: Armor" line?
Because I'm thinking of levelling the playing field here...
(Although it's more 'realistic' to have armor not to take up much or any space at all; it's easier to make the hull more bulky outwards than stuffing more complex systems inside; then again, you wouldn't have dozens or hundreds of different layers making up the surface).

You could discourage exploiting armour by making it much more massive and adding to it exponentially. That way someone would basically have to fit loads of engines to compensate, in turn requiring a lot of fuel and power. More advanced types of armour could be lighter, stronger, perhaps self repairing (nano). Only very advanced types of armour should have an advantage over advanced shields or armour/shield combinations... kinetic energy is a pain in the ass after all!

The repair system might be better suited as an emergency system, not so much an in combat system that provides an edge.

While I do like big, self-supporting ships (as far as ammo and fuel in the lategame are concerned), I also agree that you should have a stronger feeling of needing to support your fleet. The main reason for this is IMHO currently the inefficient AI of haulers and tankers. Having dedicated support ships that actually work would make it more desirable to up the amount of ammunition and fuel that's consumed.

Perhaps self sustaining ships should be limited to larger vessels, large capitals and such. These could even supply other ships in the fleet, increasing their value in fleets significantly and adding a support role to them. Anything that doesn't require ordinance could require larger amount of power, increasing the need for fuel. The ram scoop should only a be a stop-gap measure; something nice to have on a hauler, or a self sustaining scout, something that works well in chorus with solar panels, not a "get your free fuel here" button.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 03:06:13 PM »
@Autocannons: No, as far as i can report they are a good overall addition to the game. No balancing issues noted.

Good to hear that.

I think I'm gonna mess around with that stuff a bit, too.

That's music to my ears. The more people start modding Star Ruler, the better. :)

They're from the mod ofc, but i wouldn't think vanilla SR differs much, shields are useless there as well... I mean, they're good eyecandy and look strong against silly AI ships, but they would s*ck badly against any decent combat craft...

Okay, thanks for the info.
And yes, shields are looking better than they really are.

It's true that armor is on the outside of ship and it wouldn't be logical to use the interior room for it, but somehow it has to be balanced... It gives a lot more protection, at the cost of lower power and room usage, than shields... Early game it's ok if shields s*ck and you run with armored ships, but late game, shields should own badly...

While I agree with the general idea, there would be a need for shield-piercing weapons to prevent shields from becoming too overpowered. That's one of the reasons why armor-piercing weapons were introduced, after all.
In any case, this would really make shields more interesting, efficient and different from armor. So development will most likely go in that general direction. :)

I also like having quite few, but powerful (not even really big, just powerful by its tech) ships, but having them require no support at all is no fun (another issue not really related to your mod, but we could hope you to fix it :P)...

I'll have a look at those values when I have some time.

New engines?!
Gonnagocheckthisout!!4!

Heh, though I have to admit they're not THAT different from the existing ones (besides the antimatter rocket thruster). They were introduced to represent a few more 'realistic' concepts of space propulsion and give the propulsion tech tree a bit more depth.

Yeah that's another weird thing... i mean, how the heck does a computer core controlled ship get taken over by boarding partyes? ad1: there is no life support on board; ad2: there is no crew at all, so why would the ship even have hallways or anything similar, trough which they can get to the computer to hack it?... And even if there are some service tunnels, why wouldn't the AI just went the atmosphere with the boarders from them?...

One word: Gameplay. Otherwise, no one would have any reason whatsoever to use the bridge/crew quarters/life support combination once computer cores are available. ... BUT instead both need to be viable options for different uses, so more distinct pros/cons are needed for them.

Yeah well and how does the mind sapper put false illusions inside the "head" of the computer core?... Maybe if it was named omgwtf_haxx0rz device...

Heh, couldn't have said it better myself. Let's just assume it uses... fairy magic. Or better yet, we take the chicken, pardon, Kojima way out: IT'S DEM NANOMACHINES!!!111 ;)

How about making the Ship construction technology to give 1 additional subsystem slot to hulls every X level? i.e. every 5 levels of ship construction science give your light hull an additional subsystem slot, 10 levels give 1 slot for standard, 15 1 slot for heavy?... So at lvl15 ship construction your light hull has 19 slots, the standard one has 16, and the heavy got 15, and so on... (dunno how it would be balanced, just made some quick example)

Mhh, not so sure about that. I mean, I thought about it myself, but I figured it would mess up importing blueprints. You know, suddenly not having enough space for a blueprint that worked just fine before might be a bit of a problem...

For balancing issues i can't add much, since 1.0.2.2. even the hard AI is awfully boring to play against, because it can't handle pirates and remnants, thus getting terribly weak... So i dont really have a real foe to test stuff against...

Is that true? I have to admit that I didn't really have much time to play 1.0.2.2. yet...

Anyways, does the AI use your modded modules as well?...

No, not yet, because the AI does not design it's own ships and relies on pre-designed ships.
I'll probably create and include a bunch of ship layouts for the AI once I feel the mod is more or less "stable" and I won't mess the overall specifics of creating ship blueprints anymore. But of course you're free to make your own designs - and share them, if you want. I'll include them in newer releases, if possible.

Also, talk a bit about Ringworlds... Its just something you're tempted to build, even if you don't need it...
But the cost is ridiculous, come on, who got that much materials?...

The funny thing is, I already tweaked the resource cost down A LOT (mainly metal). But yeah, the cost is ridiculous, although it's amazing as a shipyard world. If you invest your time and resources in other projects, big-ass killer fleets for example, you'll still probably get more out of it.

Isn't it possible for the Ringworlds cost to scale based on the number of systems in the galaxy?...

Not sure... But it sounds interesting.
Then again, larger galaxies are supposed to have more ringworlds...

Speaking of it, I really have to start reading Larry Niven's Ringworld these days.

You could discourage exploiting armour by making it much more massive and adding to it exponentially. That way someone would basically have to fit loads of engines to compensate, in turn requiring a lot of fuel and power. More advanced types of armour could be lighter, stronger, perhaps self repairing (nano). Only very advanced types of armour should have an advantage over advanced shields or armour/shield combinations... kinetic energy is a pain in the ass after all!

That seems to be a good approach; especially the part about lighter armor. Since building really strong armor isn't impossible, but rather limited because of mobility (Look at German heavy and super heavy tanks from WW II for comparison - tanks like the PzKpfw VII Tiger II were a little more than mobile bunkers; the heavy weight effectively killed the engine and gear box over time).

The repair system might be better suited as an emergency system, not so much an in combat system that provides an edge.

Agreed. I wonder if a script preventing repairs for a set amount of time after the ship has received any damage would be possible.

Perhaps self sustaining ships should be limited to larger vessels, large capitals and such. These could even supply other ships in the fleet, increasing their value in fleets significantly and adding a support role to them. Anything that doesn't require ordinance could require larger amount of power, increasing the need for fuel. The ram scoop should only a be a stop-gap measure; something nice to have on a hauler, or a self sustaining scout, something that works well in chorus with solar panels, not a "get your free fuel here" button.

True; although the Bussard Ramjet should probably be that "efficient self-sustaining propulsion" solution for large ships. Well, realistically speaking, those ships would still have a need for more conventional propulsion until the speed is high enough for the ramjet to actually work.

Okay, that's it from me for today. I'll think about what will be changed/added next.

Dadekster

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 03:30:18 PM »
Good answers.

I agree regarding the last part in reference to the tankers and other logistics ships. Depending on which way the poll they have up going goes, and IF that is something they take into account, AI regarding support ships hopefully gets some tweaking to make them more useful than they currently are. To that end, I look forward to seeing a fleet needing some sort of baggage train for extended fleet op's outside of your own systems. Otherwise why even bother simulating fuel and ammo? :) By this I mean the game should force us (for maximum effectiveness) to design and field support ships. Basically what I'd like to see is if two equal sized fleets square off, the one with support ships backing it up should win a protracted fight. Why? Simply because the fleet with support can committ more of its fighting ships to exactly that...fighting. The other fleet would need space for what the support ships provide, that being extra fuel, ammo and most importantly, repairs. Or you can just build a swiss army ship make it twice as big as what the other guy has and call it good.  ;)

Tectonic

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 04:45:25 PM »
Agreed. I wonder if a script preventing repairs for a set amount of time after the ship has received any damage would be possible.

Probably not, unless there is some other module or function in the game which act dependant on whether or not a ship is in or out of combat. It might be enough to simply make the unit less effective, i'm not sure how that would impact it's overall usefulness though?

True; although the Bussard Ramjet should probably be that "efficient self-sustaining propulsion" solution for large ships. Well, realistically speaking, those ships would still have a need for more conventional propulsion until the speed is high enough for the ramjet to actually work.

You could go a lot of routes toward making larger vessels self sustaining, but at the end of the day, if you want to have it supply other ships as well then it has to be able to "generate" fuel, since the other vessels in the game burn fuel for their reactors (hence ramjets). For the ship to just generate it's own power it's much easier... you just give it a high tech fusion reactor, and that would be so fuel efficient that you'd forget it needs fuel long before it ran out.

But really, the bottom line is, if you give capital ships the ability to act as a support class for the fleets they occupy then you'd be changing the game mechanics away from the "spam large numbers of ships" and towards more of a "make the best use of what you have" ideology. Personally I don't mind that, but maybe others will, dno.

Tyrel

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2010, 02:57:15 AM »

Is that true? I have to admit that I didn't really have much time to play 1.0.2.2. yet...

Yeah well, uhm... to be honest i didn't play vanilla SR since i got your mod, and that was around the same time when my steam patched to 1.0.2.2., so i don't know if it's related to the patch or the mod, but the AI is ridiculous to play against, even at difficulty level 4... (didn't try 5 and "AI cheating" modes this far)

Also i see the AI not colonizing remnant's worlds at all, so it basically runs with quite a few solar systems... That's why i tought its related to the vanilla patch... (as it wasn't you implementing remnants)

By the way, these remnants are sooo silly... They usually got some ships and 1-2 stations per system, but no planets, so if you wait long enough, they'll just run out of fuel and die by themselves... (except for the stations, but those are scale 20, easy to take down) God i laughed so hard when i first seen this... "bug" or whatever it is...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:03:37 AM by Tyrel »

Steiner

• Star Ruler Tester (Group 2)
  • Delusional
  • Magnetize, Magnetize!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2010, 03:55:25 AM »
Hmm.. played against the AI recently at difficulty 3, 4 and 5 and each and every time they were able to kill both remnants and pirates in their sphere of influence. On diff 5, after half an hour or so the entire galaxy was colonized and already in a big bad war.

Current Version: 1.5.1 for SR v.1.0.6.2

Tyrel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2010, 03:58:12 AM »
Uhm, well okay but then why doesn't the AI want to play decently on my PC?... :P I had two games in a row in which i fell asleep against my AI opponents, then got bored of it and went back to playing League of Legends instead... :P

Also i got steam version so theoretically all my game files are patched in the correct order and are exactly like they should be... The only modification i did to the core game files was to add a distance meter to the hovering context menu... http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=1809.0 Nothin' to do with the AI... :P

Ohh well, gonna try the hardest difficulty... :P
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:01:50 AM by Tyrel »

Steiner

• Delusional
  • Magnetize, Magnetize!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2010, 04:05:14 AM »
Thats weird. Even on difficulty 3 (which would be "the most and very easiest" in other games) they seem to get the Remnants out after a while using their mighty dreadnought and capital ship fleet. They need a while to do so, but I've never seen the AI being stuck and unable to expand. What i noticed though is that since 1.0.0.8 was left behind, the lower difficulty settings like 3 and lower are unplayable boring. My first game at SR i started at Diff. 1 and after a while or so a large fleet of about 100+ ships invaded my systems. Never seen this ever since i patched to 1.0.2.2, only on diff 5.

JosEPh

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »
Does your Galactic Armory Mod include arynieu's AI Empire Mod?

If not would you consider adding it to your mod? The 2 mods combined would be so Good!

Thank you for your mod, and I hope you consider my request.

JosEPh  :D

echo66

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2010, 12:17:40 PM »
Thats weird. Even on difficulty 3 (which would be "the most and very easiest" in other games) they seem to get the Remnants out after a while using their mighty dreadnought and capital ship fleet. They need a while to do so, but I've never seen the AI being stuck and unable to expand. What i noticed though is that since 1.0.0.8 was left behind, the lower difficulty settings like 3 and lower are unplayable boring. My first game at SR i started at Diff. 1 and after a while or so a large fleet of about 100+ ships invaded my systems. Never seen this ever since i patched to 1.0.2.2, only on diff 5.

that's why it's the max difficulty...

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2010, 12:51:56 PM »
Thanks for the input, people! I've had a further look at armor, repair bay/crew quarters and shields today and these are probably the things that will get the next overhaul. As of now there's no ETA on the next release, though.

Does your Galactic Armory Mod include arynieu's AI Empire Mod?

Nope. I have considered merging it in (assuming ayrnieu aproves), but since I've had no time to test his mod myself, I wanted to wait.
Honestly, having some AI help would make testing things much, much more comfortable. Every time something major is changed, the old savegame doesn't work anymore... Although this hasn't happened in 1.0.2.2.

If not would you consider adding it to your mod? The 2 mods combined would be so Good!

When I get around to testing it, and assuming I like the way it improves gameplay, I will probably add it. Looking at the scale of this game I can see this making things more enjoyable for a lot of people.

JosEPh

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2010, 06:05:12 PM »
Thanks for considering it. And Thanks for your efforts.  :D

JosEPh :)

darkova

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 12:42:50 AM »
reverse inducter seems to get a decrease in output when applied to an oversize mount or spinal and gargantuan hulls

heres an example
ship size 1000
scale 4 reverse inducter lvl 8
power vamp 142k
when applied to a spinal hull lvl 12
power vamp 25.9k
gargantuan hull lvl 18
power vamp 20.4k
oversize mount lvl 12
power vamp 35.6k

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2010, 04:41:19 AM »
reverse inducter seems to get a decrease in output when applied to an oversize mount or spinal and gargantuan hulls

It's not really supposed to work with either of those, sorry. Both oversize mount and the special hulls only increase damage, not the amount of power drain or other special kinds of damage. It probably won't work for the Mind Sapper, either. The reason the rating goes down like in your example is due to the extreme increase in firing delay, thus nerfing the DPS.

I have to admit, though, that I didn't really think of those two weapons much; I never use them myself to be honest.

Does the rack mount work in conjunction with either of them?

Firgof

• BMS Administrator
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 08:22:35 AM »
Does the rack mount work in conjunction with either of them?
Yes.
"Now it will punish you"

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 10:03:25 AM »
Yes.

That's good to know. One more reason to use rack mounts even if mass mounts are available (that, and the better damage/ROF ratio).

erdrik

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 03:14:05 PM »
You could restrict those weapons from the Mass Mount.
 ;)
Erdrik's Mods:
Refuel Auto-Pilot

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
You could restrict those weapons from the Mass Mount.
 ;)

How would I do it? I'm thinking of the Restrict:Tag function right now, but that would restrict those systems from being on the same ship, regardless if they're connected or not...

erdrik

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2010, 05:34:29 PM »
hmm... true..

Nevermind then...

Maybe the devs will add link restrictions at some point. :P
Erdrik's Mods:
Refuel Auto-Pilot

benji

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2010, 07:37:07 AM »
Hey! just wanted to voice my support for your mod. If ever I finish my thesis I'll be sure to play it :)

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2010, 07:44:13 AM »
Hey! just wanted to voice my support for your mod. If ever I finish my thesis I'll be sure to play it :)

Thanks! I hope you'll like it. :)

There's also a new version coming up, to be released shortly after Star Ruler patch 1.0.2.4 goes live.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2010, 12:51:34 PM »
A little teaser showing some of the stuff that will be in 1.2...! ;D

There will also be some new sound effects and a new shipmodel (which is still WIP). Expect the release shortly after 1.0.2.4.

Steiner

• Delusional
  • Magnetize, Magnetize!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »
I'm really curious how your armor (and new shield limitation, if i've seen that correctly? ) will affect gameplay. And you are designing a new model? Graphic-wise? Wow! I'm curious about that, too!

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2010, 02:36:46 PM »
I'm really curious how your armor (and new shield limitation, if i've seen that correctly? ) will affect gameplay.

It's mostly to go along with the new changes to armor/shield/repair balance and prevent the spamming of ridiculous amounts of armor. So far, it seems to serve balance very well, giving each hull type more distinct (dis)advantages. That doesn't mean the current values are necessarily final; if there's a need to, I may still adjust those later.

And you are designing a new model? Graphic-wise? Wow! I'm curious about that, too!

No, props go to Tectonic for that. It is still a work in progress model and uses the texture of a vanilla ship, so the appearance may change significantly. The model is for ships of a scale of 1000+, so it's supposed to be bigger than the current 'huge' hull.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 07:37:53 PM »
Version 1.2 will most probably be released tomorrow (11-11). Before I can release, I want to wait for a hotfix for 1.0.2.4 as well as do some additional testing.

Version 1.2 will be quite different than 1.1 in several ways.
Some of the most significant changes are:

• Extensive re-balancing between armor, repair systems and shields
  • Additional tweaks to weapons formulas (range, projectile speed, rate of fire)
  • Armor Points and Shield Emitters per hull, effectively limiting the amount of armor and shields
  • German localization (along with transferring the existing mod content into the english localization file)
  • New sound effects for many weapons
  • ... and more!

Steiner

• Delusional
  • Magnetize, Magnetize!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2010, 04:38:42 AM »
I'm curious how the game will feel with the new armor stuff you did. I loved to combine strong engines with armor spam in vanilla, so that the ships would usually go around 0.8 - 1 acc. How is late game, now? Because i felt that was the only way against the ridiculous damage ratings in late tech.

BTW, you are german, too? Never noticed that! Grüße aus Köln  :P

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2010, 05:08:20 AM »
I'm curious how the game will feel with the new armor stuff you did. I loved to combine strong engines with armor spam in vanilla, so that the ships would usually go around 0.8 - 1 acc. How is late game, now? Because i felt that was the only way against the ridiculous damage ratings in late tech.

In the beginning, you will be pounding your enemies' armor A LOT. While it can't repair as fast as it used to, it can take a beating now. The lategame largely depends on your enemy's ships. If they have good shields (which the vanilla AI designs usually don't), some will need the combined firepower of more than one ship to do serious damage, because shields have a lot more HP than before, and they block all incoming damage until around 75% shield health now. And that's without a shield hardener. ;D
On the other hand, a ship of a certain scale, at approximately the same tech level, combined with strong weapons (preferably something like Hyper Railguns) can still annihilate a ship of half that scale in one or two salvos, regardless of shields. Having shields just makes life a lot easier in most situations. :)

Regarding the mass of armor: Even considering the new propulsion technologies, you will still want to have a look at the acceleration. I usually try to achieve at least something a little above 1.0, with only carriers and the heaviest battleships below that. A combination of 1 main engine (Size 1 or 2) and 2 smaller ones (0.25-1) usually works good for this. It often makes sense to combine different kinds of propulsion as well (to balance the fuel/thrust ratio).

As for ship designs, I made some new designs yesterday and I will try to have them working in 1.2. Although I ran into some problems, because I don't know how to take the Pirates' tech level into account (the log.txt showed some errors). There also seem to be some issues with a few vanilla designs (Military Outpost for example), mostly because I restricted the use of repair tools to non-armed vessels only. I'll see if I can get some replacement designs done, but it won't be in time for 1.2.

BTW, you are german, too? Never noticed that! Grüße aus Köln  :P

Jawoll! Gruß zurück aus dem Norden :D

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2010, 12:47:17 PM »
It's out! Get it while it's hot. ;D
If there are any bugs or problems with the mod, please report them.

Have fun! I hope y'all like it! :)

EDIT: Released a hotfix. See the first post for details and download link.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:31:44 AM by XTRMNTR2K »

Anuanu

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2010, 03:34:13 PM »
Updated to the latest version and I can not load my saved game. I assume this is normal but I figured I would ask just in case I was wrong.

The error I get when I try to load my saved game with the new version:

There was an error loading the game. Specifically: Mismatched sub system data, data files have likely changed