Author Topic: In-game modifiable governors.  (Read 1192 times)

Powermaniac

• Sentient
    • View Profile
In-game modifiable governors.
« on: December 29, 2012, 02:32:14 AM »
Hi all,

It's been a while got lost in my (real) world. Now I'm not sure if you guys are still updating Star Ruler or not and adding bits and pieces but I remember a suggestion or idea I had from the past and that is to add an editor for the governors like the editable parameters for the ships but for the governor.

Hopefully that isn't to big an ask. Just with the governors not being set to what some people think is the best setup is annoying to have to go and edit the programmed files (programming something I learnt to do a bit while I've been gone). So yeah in-game governor editors.

On a side note no offence to the creator of the soundtrack for Star Ruler but is there a way to edit the soundtrack as the soundtrack isn't my style. Sure I could mute the sound and run something in the background but I want to put another soundtrack on a loop in the game. Is that possible?

Also planning on probably getting 2 copies of this for 2 mates of mine so I have someone to play against and muck around with.

Anyway thanks again for the great game, love the realistic solar systems (something that bugs me about SoaSE:R) and all the editable options.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
Re: In-game modifiable governors.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 02:46:15 AM »
We probably won't make any major changes to governors.

There is a text file you can edit to change the music. We only support .wav and .ogg formats, though, and not necessarily all variants of those. Check out Sounds/Music/music.txt

Powermaniac

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 03:04:36 AM »
Damn that was a fast reply.

Oh okay =\

Yeah just found an old post pointing to where it was by you. Thanks. Thinking of putting the Star Trek 2009 (the movie) soundtrack on there. Can't think of any other great game or movie space based soundtracks hmm. Star Wars sure but that is reserved for Star Wars games haha.

Edit: Are you still updating/adding stuff to the game or have you moved on now to your new project? And has that new project been revealed?

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 03:14:07 AM »
We have moved on to our next project, though some of the components of that project have been back-ported to Star Ruler, and others may be in the future. We haven't announced what our next project is yet.

Powermaniac

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 03:19:17 AM »
Can you give me any examples of things that have been ported over as I'm rather clueless as to what you've ported over and what you haven't.

And again nice fast reply, thanks for that.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 03:21:10 AM »
The largest one was the AngelScript JIT, which makes all of the scripts run dramatically faster.

Powermaniac

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 03:40:36 AM »
Well thanks guess that is all I can think of to ask right now.

Are you able to reveal whether the game you are working on is a Space RTS?

Powermaniac

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 02:06:01 AM »
Hello?

(Yes I'm impatient)

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 02:17:06 AM »
We are not ready to reveal anything about our new game yet... Soon.

Powermaniac

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 04:18:23 AM »
Thanks for the reply GGLucas.

Powermaniac

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »
If I was to create an in-game governor editor and gave it to you guys and let you change it to how you like would you add it to the game?

Also seeing as GA is so big would you be willing to add that in a patch as a mod available to everyone with approval from the two guys making it of course? As I know other games have come with mods pre-installed that could be used so...just an idea