Author Topic: Fleet of Planets?  (Read 1216 times)

BFEL

• View Profile
Fleet of Planets?
« on: February 18, 2013, 06:45:42 AM »
So I finally have managed to research the Planetary Thrusters tech and an idea occured to me.
What if i militarize the crap out of this, equip it with a bunch of battlestations and use it like a ship?
Or even better....what if I do this with my ENTIRE EMPIRE.
I'm in the stage that half my planets are in the same system, to be more easily defended.
But wondering if anyone else has done something similar before?
Also the system half my empire is in is the Galactic Core :P

Porkechebure

• View Profile
Re: Fleet of Planets?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:32:56 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kk1M0439Nk

Have fun, make a video and put it on youtube for our pleasure  ;D

PS: How much time you needed when you were new to the game to beat the computer and get up to play ast your levels? (Being able to ignore AI enemy because you are way too strong)

BFEL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »
As for your question....still haven't been able to do that XD
I'm still getting whooped by trivial AI :P

Just bought the game a couple days ago so hopefully I will get better.

Porkechebure

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 07:18:44 PM »
It's about a month I own the game. Since I have to study/work and do other boring crap, I've been able to do like... uhm... 15 games in total I think. Well, I read some starting guides until they explain on how build up a steady economy, and then, I stop reading them because I wanted to experience all the pain of learning on my skin. Well, until today I started a game without touching anything on the games setting (I started games with all the base settings, though people told me it's harder and you start in disavantage, so 150 galaxies, 3 enemy empires, all medium difficulty, no race traits activated and so on) and I always got beaten and bashed by pc with big and numerous ships in like 2 hours.

Well, the fun is also into that for me, I love to master hard games. But if you want to start somewhere, here's a thread I started a month ago, when I was owning the game since a few days, hope it helps (or don't check it if you want to try your way).

http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=5590.0

The video I linked you show it's possible to do what you want to do, now it's all about you  ;D