Author Topic: Shouldn't space port also receive population & mood bonus too?  (Read 1437 times)

tcelvis

• View Profile
I just noticed that only production facilities receive population bonus and mood bonus while spaceport doesn't.  Not only that does not make sense in reality, it is also one of the primary reason why stock planet governors always have a hard time fitting into planets of different sizes.  Is this just a careless bug or it is by design?

I also think population bonus should at most be logarithm to be rational.  But I guess this one is acceptable since a few thousands extra logarithm function calls might bring noticeable performance hit.

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
Re: Shouldn't space port also receive population & mood bonus too?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:22:42 AM »
The part of the population bonus that bothers ME the most isnt even that the bonus is linear.. its that it ignores population REQUIREMENTS and is just a bonus per XX population on planet.

I think a work bonus closer to   1/decay(requiredWorkers,currentPopulation)  would be best as its both based on how many workers you need and it has the diminishing returns for larger populations.
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.