Author Topic: Hopefully small request  (Read 843 times)

VasVadum

• View Profile
Hopefully small request
« on: August 25, 2013, 04:40:48 AM »
I love Galactic Armory, as I'm sure most people do, and I see that you stopped development as well.  I was hoping it might be something easy to do though.

I want a custom map type.  One that has specific set settings.  3 clusters of solar systems, in a line but spread out from eachother, but each cluster has the systems in it close to each other.  Maps have settings per map chosen, right?  Well, if you add settings, it should allow for you to choose the specific cluster size.  So if you choose 10, the map will have 31 systems in it (the extra 1 will be the center of the middle cluster in which will be the center star), then the 2 players will take the big main home system in their clusters at opposite ends of each other.  Both systems having the same star type and same planets.

I did my best to draw out an explanation of what I want.  https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30270697/systemmap.png I want it to be the same stuff on each side.  So both players start out with the same systems, their only difference is their leadership skill set that they chose pre-game.  I like to have a staging area for battles so we can continue with our own progress without really hurting each other.  It would be nice to have a middle ground to fight for control over.  Practicing strategies and such.  There have even been times where the enemy started out with a home system having only 3 planets, including his home planet.  Same has happened to me, it's not really fun when you start out so badly.

Anyhow, if you can set it up, can you make the following options?
Cluster Size: (Value that indicates the amount of systems in each cluster)
Distance between systems: (Between each system in the cluster)
Distance between clusters: (between each cluster)
Checkbox, Randomly place asteroid fields? (To add asteroid fields throughout the map, adds 1 for every 4 systems in the map)
Checkbox, randomize systems? (Returns randomness to the systems generated, but keeps cluster sizes and distances)

At very least the cluster size so we can set an amount of systems we both get and fight over.  Maybe, even move the quazar star system, up above so that it's not in with any cluster at all.
Oh, and I like things flat, I don't want to be flying up and down to get to systems, I already don't use any other map types because of the camera controls.  :P  So a flatten map option would be nice unless you have it generate flat by default.

So, is this an easy thing to do?  Would someone be able / willing to make a map like this for me?

VasVadum

• View Profile
Re: Hopefully small request
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 11:46:08 PM »
Another idea would be to have a game where each player gets a cluster that is 1 system in size but has 10 good planets each cluster, set up like our solar system actually.  And a center system with 15 planets to fight over.  So you could have 3 systems with 2 players or 5 systems with 4 players.  Possibly add a few asteroid belts around each person's system.  I like this idea better.  I wish I could do it myself, but I don't know how.

So if we did systems like our real life systems,
Mercury, would have 6 build slots with 15 terraforming slots.
Venus, would have 15 build slots, with 10 terraforming.
Earth would have 45 slots, 5 terraforming.
Mars would have 20 slots, 5 terraforming.
Jupiter would have 60 slots, 0 terraforming. (People would be living on the moons)
Saturn would have 40 slots, 10 terraforming.
Uranius would have 30 slots, 15 terraforming.
Neptune would have 35 slots, 15 terraforming.
Pluto would have 4 slots, 5 terraforming.

Of course the planet names are just there to show you the order of planets.  In game they'd be randomly named.  But each system would have these same planet slot amounts except the center which'd have all planets with 50 slots each and maybe 10 terraforming.

This would make a great battle ground, I'd love to play this map often.  :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:57:04 PM by VasVadum »

VasVadum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 08:39:34 PM »
Guess it's not gonna happen.

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 02:28:37 AM »
Unfortunately not, we've moved onto other things these days.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

Jon Micheelsen

• Contributor
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 05:23:40 AM »
Well, the functionality needed to do it, is there, I believe. But you must do it yourself.

setupStandardHomeworld and its call to createSecondaryPlanet - if the race feat is selected, could be used to accomplish something akin to what you want, if you set it up as a chain starting with Mercury. It would be a truly massive amount of work, to set it up, however. You would have to have a script kinda like createSecondaryPlanet, for each planet - I'd think.