Author Topic: Automated game - observers mode  (Read 1328 times)

GalacticAC

• View Profile
Automated game - observers mode
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:24:32 AM »
Hi,

I am new to the game and find it still very challanging to play from time to time. I am however in love not only with the concept, but also the overall beauty of it. Therefore I would like to know one thing:

Can the game be run in full automated mode, meaning: no human player(s) but only AI, with a human as an all-knowing observer which can see all factions?  Iwould just like to let it run in the background and see the AIs fightings wars and building empires.

Could also be spiced up with some "god-like" interaction possibilities, hence, manipulate things in the game like ships, planets and the tech tree.

My question is now, is it possible to do so already?

Best,
GalacticAC
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:36:53 AM by GalacticAC »

Jannik2099

• View Profile
Re: Automated game - observers mode
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:36:27 AM »
its not possible, but i cant see a reason not to implent this cause it should be easy (correct me)
SWAGGASAURUS

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 12:44:19 PM »
You posted in the wrong forum, so I'm not sure which game you're talking about. If you mean Star Ruler 2, you can enable ch_activate_ai cheat (help about how to do so is available on the wiki) to turn a human player into an AI. You can then connect to it in multiplayer and play as an all-seeing spectator.

GalacticAC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »
Thanks for the answer...yes I might be wrong here. Ment Star Ruler 1. Is it possible there too?

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 02:40:12 AM »
Well you could start by looking at  Jyins Ministry  mod.  It installs an AI into the players empire.  You could do the same with one of the common AIs instead of with Jyins custom AI to get part of your request.

After that give vision to the player empire using the current treaty  method.
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.