Author Topic: redesign the design  (Read 667 times)

linax3

• View Profile
redesign the design
« on: February 21, 2015, 11:06:38 AM »
r4398
redesign the ship design option. current 2d style does not fit in 3d space. make it 3d somehow. sr1 was ok having only back and front(I did not really understand the reason for it, thinking it was for damage designation), but with added exhaust arcs in current design option is just not good. and those internal space limits, grid limits, also are bad. only good thing I see about new design is that it gives a "designed" icon while looking from a far at the ship. keep that one.
If you do not like me feel free to share your point of view instead of silently trolling my karma :)

Malorn

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: redesign the design
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 12:18:08 PM »
I disagree with this suggestion.  The current system is better than almost any other design system and combat takes place in a mostly 2d environment.  3d design would be immeasurably more complex to code and also much harder for players to use.  It wouldn't really gain anything, either.

linax3

• View Profile
Re: redesign the design
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »
Malorn, you are holding the progress. people have gone 3d 20 years ago. go play Tetris  ;D
(did some reading.. 1972 the first 3d computer content. im out of fingers for the math)

i will feel better if they take this 2d sht(i mean sheet. to lazy to type doube "E". im learnig to be a programer) and stick another 2d sht on it. it will become 3d!!

whoosh...  >##> - - -  rocket with a machine gun in space. scifi rocks!
If you do not like me feel free to share your point of view instead of silently trolling my karma :)