Author Topic: Cultivation Card  (Read 1045 times)

leonine

• View Profile
Cultivation Card
« on: May 14, 2015, 11:55:54 AM »
After the latest patch I noticed that the cultivation Card is no longer working. This has seriously affected my game development strategy and also entailed a wastage of influence points used to purchase the cards. Please fix asap as this is a strategy changer.

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Cultivation Card
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 12:10:35 PM »
By 'latest patch', you are referring to 1.0.2 (r4740), not 1.0.1 (r4636), right?

If so, then I can say with 99% certainty that the patch is not responsible for this. I checked it in my Git repository - while I can't track changes occurring before r4735 hit the experimental branch, none of the files in r4735 or r4740 contain anything that would seem to be a possible cause for your problem.

If not, then I'm useless here. :P

leonine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 05:34:33 PM »
Thank you dalolorn for your reply. Yes I am referring to v.1.0.2. Before this patch, I did not encounter any problems using the cultivation card. Indeed as a test I loaded my last game under the previous patch, which I won decisively, while extensively using the cultivation card. The same result occurred as in my current game under the new patch, the cultivation card failed to work. I will try verifying the files just in case a corrupted file is at fault on my system.

leonine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 08:33:00 PM »
I have found that the problem is more extensive and relates to other cards that affect planets. I am now using the frugal trait perhaps there is a casual link here. I have reported the problem to the steam forums under bug reports using my other name vernonwharris8

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 04:23:22 AM »
I don't quite see why there would be any connection between Frugal and malfunctioning cards. Strange.

Have you tried playing without the trait and using the cards?

leonine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 04:33:24 AM »
I may be clutching at straws and there maybe no connection to the frugal trait and the phenomenon I am currently experiencing, but both the patch and the the use of the new trait are the only changes that I have made in terms of game play. I will try your suggestion after concluding my current game. Many thanks.

leonine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
I have started a new game without the frugal trait and the problem still persists. I will probably have to uninstall and reinstall the game even though I am reluctant to do so. I never experienced this problem previously before installing the latest patch.

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 03:01:17 AM »
Well... it could be something wrong with the binaries... but I can't look that deep into the code.

leonine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 08:59:38 AM »
Problem now solved. It is now necessary to double click in order to play a card that directly affects planets or artifacts that modify ship characteristics. Previously I only had to single click to perform the same operations. Thank you dalolorn for your interest.

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 09:21:31 AM »
Huh. I wonder what the reasoning behind that change is...

leonine

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 01:06:09 PM »
I also noticed that I often have to click more than once to select a planet now. In my earlier post on Steam, I made the mistake of thinking that it was only the cultivation card that was affected. I received a post back from one of the developers stating that he could not replicate the problem and that cultivation had not changed with the new patch. I am not sure if he is aware of the double click issue, or if this is a problem solely confined to my system. I doubt this though, as I uninstalled and then reinstalled the program and encountered the same problem until I discovered the double click resolution.

dalolorn

• Sentient
  • ABEM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 07:04:15 AM »
Well, the plot thickens.

I finally got around to testing for the issue ingame, and, like the devs, I can't replicate the problem. Seems like it's your system - the question is, what could possibly be doing such a thing? A broken mouse would probably stop working altogether or be a bit less predictable than what you've described, which makes me a fairly clueless Protoss.

leonine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 05:12:33 PM »
dalolorn if you are a clueless protoss then I must be even worse a clueless zerg. I have not got the faintest idea as to the cause of the problem. I am just relieved that I discovered a solution. It will be interesting however to see whether the problem persists in the future. As you surmised it is unlikely to be a mouse defect, for I have not experienced any previous problems with my Logitech wireless mouse.