Author Topic: German Translation, 1.0.9.0 compatible  (Read 25348 times)

Challenger

• Sentient
    • View Profile
German Translation, 1.0.9.0 compatible
« on: August 28, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »
                               German translation project

I and Darcion have made a german localization for Star Ruler and we're currently not working on it anymore.
But many thanks to TheDuplex for keeping the project alive!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:57:47 AM by Challenger »

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
Re: German Translation, 35 % complete
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 01:13:22 PM »
I hope you'll be willing to release your translation to us for the official game, good luck on finishing it!

BlackCobra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 01:23:11 PM »
Wenn du jemanden zum korrigieren lesen oder ähnlichem suchst, stehe ich dir gerne zur Verfügung.

mfg BlackCobra

Challenger

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »
I hope you'll be willing to release your translation to us for the official game, good luck on finishing it!

Of course, I'd be glad if you would include that into the game  :)

Wenn du jemanden zum korrigieren lesen oder ähnlichem suchst, stehe ich dir gerne zur Verfügung.
mfg BlackCobra
Nein Danke, also so groß ist die Datei jetzt nicht und mit meinem Kollegen hab ich in 1,5 stunden schon ungefähr die halbe Datei übersetzt.
Aber sobald es fertig ist kannste gerne Korrekturlesen.^^

BlackCobra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 02:44:49 PM »
jo, kann ich gern machen ;)

Challenger

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 03:07:57 PM »
Completion status changed to 66%,
the only thing that still needs to be translated are the long long descriptions of the sub systems.

Chreo

• View Profile
Re: German Translation, 66 % complete
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »
I (that's me) think your translation doesn't pay enough tribute to the scientific nature of SR. I'm aware that it can be hard to properly translate from one language into another, but even if you yourself desperatly wish to play SR in your native language, you might not be the right person to translate it.
In a sci-fi game I wouldn't want to research a 'force' (=kraft), this isn't Star Wars. It's Antriebstechnologie.
The Energiewissenschaften is a monster of a word and I doubt I'd find it in any Duden (=german to german dictionary).

I do appreciate a direct translation from time to time - and the Teilchenphysik is a splendid translation for particle physics - but I don't think yours is the right way to translate a game with technical terms in it. I fear how the subsystem's descriptions will turn out.

Challenger

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
hmm ok, you're right on these things and I'll correct them when I am done with the translation.

Question to the Admins: Could you include the ä, ö, ü, and ß into the game? And the moment the game just leaves them out and just leaves a space character there.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 03:50:43 PM »
We would have to use a new font that supports them, which isn't on our immediate todo list, sorry.

eRe4s3r

• Contributor
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »
I would say you should use these words ;) Just some examples that i spotted

Schiffsbau
Energie Forschung
Sozial Forschung auch Empirische Wissenschaft genannt ;) oder besser Soziologie (ja, das gibts im deutschen auch ,p)
Strahlenwaffen
Technische Grundlagen (für allgemeine...) oder auch Grundlagen Forschung
.- Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom -.

Chreo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »
Energie Forschung
Energietechnik, first hit on google and wikipedia

Technische Grundlagen (für allgemeine...) oder auch Grundlagen Forschung
Here, Allgemeinwissenschaften is actually the correct technical term for 'General Sciences'

*edit*
Fixed the " in the link.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:10:03 PM by Chreo »

eRe4s3r

• Contributor
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »
but its too long ;)- Energietechnik is good ;) But yeah, now you know why i don't even bother with a translation, German is such a clunky language ;P
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 04:21:48 PM by eRe4s3r »
.- Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom -.

Chreo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 04:13:31 PM »
Just the same principles apply as in the ragtag mixture of languages english evolved out of - You need to know how to phrase things.

Thorvlad

• Sentient
  • French Community Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 04:49:39 PM »

( I am impressed how quick the french guys translated theirs, so I thought I should also start a translation project for Star Ruler :P)

Thank you and Good luck =)
--------------------------------------
The fat it is the life

Challenger

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 06:21:51 PM »
FINALLY, We translated all things into german.
I also thank you for your suggestions regarding the technologies.

So, some sentences, which were already complicated in english, have become even more complicated when translated to german, need to be simplified. I could need your help here.
Also, hunting needs to be done on all grammar and spelling errors.
So, I release 0.95 Beta now.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:55:54 PM by Challenger »

Darcion

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: German Translation, 95 % complete
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 06:32:33 PM »
So i think Challanger and I did a great job, now others can correct our many mistakes :)

FGRaptor

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 07:45:13 PM »
Just from looking at it I can spot strange sentence structure and some typos, you should definatly look over it 2 or 3 times again, with a duden or two.
For example:

Line 3
Code: [Select]
Mit Fortschritten im Rumpfdesign und Schiffsystemen, sind die Ingenieure nun in der Lage, gemeinsame Aspekte dieser Systeme in den Rumpf zu integrieren, sodass die Masse und die Baukosten des Rumpfes reduziert.
"...reduziert wird", but it doesn't sound right overall.

Line 6
...Schadensresistenz zu schützen. They provide a middle ground between strength and speed.
Line 309
Die breit angelegte Studie ueber die Wechselwirkungen von Teilchen auf kleine und große Skalen, in zahlreichen Umgebungen und Bedingungen.
"kleinen und großen Skalen"

Too tired now to look through everything, but what I've read sounds strange in many places. You also missed many typos like the above. And there are many cases of wrong articles, misplaced commas or just plain grammar fails.

Maybe I'll look over it again tomorrow.
"An eye for an eye... makes the world look funny, because no one has eyes."

Chreo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 01:58:29 AM »
Quote from: Line 3
Mit Fortschritten im Rumpfdesign und Schiffsystemen, sind die Ingenieure nun in der Lage, gemeinsame Aspekte dieser Systeme in den Rumpf zu integrieren, sodass die Masse und die Baukosten des Rumpfes reduziert. Dieser Rumpf ist viel schwächer, aber auch leichter, sodass eine hohe Geschwindigkeit garantiert wird.
The yellow part sounds awkward due to those two large words. The latter most notably due to it's many s following after one another in its pronounciation. Might want to revise the tech's name?
The green part is a simple repitition, making the construction sound inelegant. Try 'wodurch' in the latter case.

Quote from: Line 6
Der Standardrumpf stellt die notwendige Versorgungsstruktur bereit, um das Schiff mit Komponenten auszurüsten und einer moderaten Schadensresistenz zu schützen. They provide a middle ground between strength and speed.
Green is quite an awkward word again. Noone would use those two in this combination.
Here, yellow's a grammar fail.
Red isn't translated at all.

Quote from: Line 9
Fortschritte in der Panzerung und Rumpfdesign ermöglichen den Ingenieuren einen drastischen Anstieg der Gesamtstärke des Rumpfes zu erreichen, ohne dabei zu sehr an Manövrierbarkeit einzubüßen.
The whole sentence sounds again awkward, due to the engineers 'reaching' a drastical rise. It's that the engineers seem to literally 'reach' the rise of hull strength, arising a rather funny image in my mind.

Quote from: Line 12
Der Tarnungsrumpf besitzt im Gegensatz zu anderen Rümpfen eine spezielle Ummantelung, die dafür sorgt, dass das Schiff schwieriger zu orten ist. Es ist aber auch der schwächste Rumpf.
The first sentence sounds good, even though Tarnungsrumpf is again an awkward translation for the english term due to its grammatical component (try Tarnrumpf), but it looks like you lost your motivation in the second. To phrase it more elegant you could say "Dadurch verlor das Design im Vergleich zu anderen Rümpfen an Integrität, was seiner Widerstandskraft [deutlich] anzumerken ist."

Quote from: Line 15
Dieses Subsystem legt ein Verzerrungsfeld um das Schiff, sodass ein Prozentsatz aller Angriffe das Schiff verfehlen.
Good. It just breaks the immersion to speak of a percentage of all attacks to miss the ship since it exposes the game's mechanics in the description. Why not just say 'a part of all attacks'?

Quote from: Line 18
Ein konventionelles Antriebssystem, welches den entzündeten Treibstoff in der entgegengesetzten Richtung als den geplanten Kurs ausstößt.
Grammar fail. Also, didn't you say an ß wouldn't be displayed by the game's font? Why's it in here, then?

Can't be bothered to look through more of the translations just yet. Many of them are missing a . at their end, though. Might wanna check that out aswell.

Darcion

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 04:12:22 AM »
OK i changed it all, i only made the last part of the text and was to tired to look over all... but the english text was so horrible bad (sorry guys) that an translation was not so easy, most of all parts is word for word and that is horrible too. with more time we can fix it in an better version. Thank you all.

how to install?
look first post.

Chreo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 04:43:51 AM »
[...] but the english text was so horrible bad (sorry guys) [...]
Errr ... lol?

The first grammar error FGRaptor pointed out is still in there, along with plenty of errors in the here so far unmentioned texts.
I wouldn't say this translation is even close to finished.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:53:06 AM by Chreo »

FGRaptor

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 05:34:39 AM »
What's horrible about the english text? Are we playing the same game?
Or is it horrible to translate?

Texada

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 05:40:50 AM »
What's horrible about the english text? Are we playing the same game?
Or is it horrible to translate?

If they are doing a Literal translation as what Darcion seems to be saying
most of all parts is word for word

then it would be quite horrible to translate or so I would think.

Challenger

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 06:49:35 AM »
Ok, I rewrote a few sentences at the beginning of the file and fixed several grammar and spelling errors.
Here is the new file.

Also, in what should I change "Rumpf" ? Schiffshülle ?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:53:57 PM by Challenger »

Challenger

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: German Translation, 99 % complete
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 07:52:15 PM »
I've made a major polishing update today, so the Mod is practically finished, but I would appreciate if you would check it a last time for grammar / spelling errors  :)

Version 0.99 is out.

You can find the file in my original post.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:02:29 PM by Challenger »

Darcion

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 03:41:10 AM »
If they are doing a Literal translation as what Darcion seems to be saying
then it would be quite horrible to translate or so I would think.

yeah sorry guys, was horrible to translate :P but i was very tired at this moment :) i hope the file has better translation now. is there any changes to get the interface translated into german? still waiting on the patch for better localizations.

FGRaptor

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 06:58:17 AM »
Going through it, gonna post some remarks.
Everything marked in red is a change made by me.

Line 3
Durch Fortschritte im Schiffsbau waren Ingenieure in der Lage wesentliche Aspekte von Subsystemen in den Rumpf zu integrieren und die Masse zu verringern. Der daraus entstandene Leichte Rumpf ist nicht sehr belastbar, aber auch wesentlich leichter, was eine höhere Mobilitaet garantiert.

The whole paragraph was just a strange translation. I looked the original up again and did this, might not be perfect yet, but it's closer to the original than your translation.

Also Line 3
\n#c:green##tab:8#+Guenstiger, Leichter\n#tab:8#+1 zusaetzlicher Raum verfuegbar fuer Subsysteme\n#c:d00##tab:8#-Schwaecher, Subsysteme erleiden mehr Schaden

Line 6
Der Standardrumpf stellt die notwendige Grundkonstruktion bereit, um das Schiff mit Komponenten auszuruesten und bietet ausreichenden Schutz vor Angriffen.

Line 9
Fortschritte in der Panzerungstechnik und im Schiffsbau ermoeglichten den Ingenieuren die komplette Widerstandskraft des Standardrumpfs zu erhöhen, ohne dabei grosse Einbusse im Bereich der Manoevrierbarkeit zu verzeichnen.

Strange overall translation again, so I tried to fix it.

Line 11
Tarnkappenrumpf

Stealth is really hard to translate, but Tarnkappen might be more accurate. See the Tarnkappenbomber.

Line 12
Der Tarnkappenrumpf ist ein besonderer Rumpf der alle Emissionen des Schiffs absorbiert und es dadurch schwerer aufzuspueren macht. Allerdings hat der Rumpf, im Vergleich zu seiner Masse, eine sehr niedrige Widerstandskraft.

Again, strange translation. I know some people said "don't translate word for word", but that doesn't mean you should make complete new paragraphs up yourself or translate it in a way that it has a complete different meaning.

Line 17
Raketentriebwerk

Or

Verbrennungstriebwerk

Line 18
Ein konventionelles Antriebssystem, das entzuendeten Treibstoff in die entgegengesetzten Richtung des geplanten Kurses ausstoesst.

The original sentence made no sense at all.

Line 21
Der Ionenantrieb nutzt den Treibstoff besser als konventionelle Antriebe aus, indem er weniger Partikel bei viel hoeheren Geschwindigkeiten abfeuert. Der Nachteil ist aber, dass er eine grosse Menge Energie benoetigt.

Same as before, I think this is going to be very tedious.

Line 24
Gebaut aus einer dicken Schicht aus Metallen, ist alles wozu diese Panzerung in der Lage ist, viel Schaden zu absorbieren. Ein Vorteil den die Plattenpanzerung besitzt, ist das seine Masse einen Teil des Schadens absorbiert und negiert.\n#c:green##tab:8#+Hohe Widerstandskraft

Line 27
Ablative Panzerung ist dazu konzipiert einzuknicken wenn sie beschaedigt wird, um die Auswirkung einer Waffe auf das Schiff zu reduzieren. Obwohl sie schwaecher als die Standardpanzerung ist, sorgt ihre Elastizitaet dafuer, dass sie hoechst effektiv gegen kleinere Waffen ist.

Line 30
Wenn sie durchschlagen werden, explodieren die Platten, wodurch der angerichtete Schaden des Angriffs abgelenkt wird.

Line 33
Die Energiepanzerung nutzt aktive Sensoren und ein gerichtetes Energiegitter, um die Materialien vorübergehend zu verhaerten und Angriffe abzulenken, was den Schaden drastisch minimiert.

Line 36
Nano-Panzerung ist eine leichte Panzerung, ausgestattet mit Naniten - Mikroskopisch kleinen Maschinen, die die Panzerung reparieren.

Line 39
Schildgeneratoren errichten eine physische Barriere, aufrechterhalten durch eine konstante Energiezufuhr. Sobald der Schild Schaden nimmt, geraet die Barriere aus dem Gleichgewicht, wodurch sie fortschreitend mehr Schaden durchlaesst.

Line 41
Schildaggregat

Line 42
Schildaggregate sind Subsysteme, die dem Wiederaufladen eines zuvor generierten Schildes gewidmet sind.

Line 45
Energie-Generatoren verbrennen Treibstoff zur Energiegewinnung. Die Energiekosten im Leerlauf eines Schiffs sind normalerweise gering, kann es jedoch in Krisensituationen den Energiebedarf nicht decken, bleibt es womöglich kampfunäfig zurück.

A pain to translate, the second part. But this seems to be better in my opinion.

Line 47
Fusionsreaktor

Line 48
Fusionsreaktoren stuetzen sich auf das Komprimieren von Materie bis zur Festigkeitsgrenze, bei der dann staerkere Kraefte uebernehmen, die grosse Mengen von Energie freisetzen.

Line 51
Antimaterie-Generatoren brauchen nur eine winzige Menge an Treibstoff, um immense Mengen an Energie zu generieren. Allerdings wird der Generator, wenn das Schiff keine Energie mehr hat, sofort explodieren.

Right, about 50 Lines so far, but I'm gonna take a little break, it's really tedious.

eRe4s3r

• Contributor
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 07:17:05 AM »
Ablatative Panzerung knickt nicht, sondern blättert ab. Jeder treffer blättert eine Schicht Panzerung ab ;)  ;D

Oder noch besser - Bei jedem Treffer wird eine schicht Panzerung abgetragen. (In realität, ablative Panzerung wäre zb, eine Multi-Schichten reaktiv Panzerung
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:19:43 AM by eRe4s3r »

FGRaptor

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 07:19:37 AM »
Ablatative Panzerung knickt nicht, sondern blättert ab. Jeder treffer blättert eine Schicht Panzerung ab ;)  ;D

Oder noch besser - Bei jedem Treffer wird eine schicht Panzerung abgetragen.

Hab nur kurz geguckt was Ablative Panzerung überhaupt sein soll, aber is sehr ungewiss und das was ich herausgefunden hab stimmte auch nicht mit der Vorstellung des Spiels überein, daher habe ich das einknicken gelassen, stammt nicht von mir. Hab nur die Satzstruktur in dem Teil geändert. ^^

eRe4s3r

• Contributor
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 07:25:22 AM »
Jo in diesem Fall ist schon das englische Original falsch. Im Grunde ist Ablative Panzerung ganz stink normal multi-layer Panzerung oder auch hoch komplex multi-schichten Nano/Reaktiv Panzerung.

Ablative Panzerung ist also der Oberbegriff für alle Panzerungsarten die im Spiel sind.  ;D

Challenger

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »
Vielen Dank für eure Verbesserungsvorschläge, werde mich gleich an die Arbeit machen diese in die Mod einzufügen.

@FGRaptor Jo, bei den Sätzen die du gepostet hast hatte ich so meine Schwierigkeiten das verständlich zu machen^^
@eRe4s3r Auch dir ein Danke

Damit sind dann wohl endlich alle Rümpfe und Panzerungen gescheit erklärt.
Und da das größtenteils Formulierungsvorschläge waren, gehe ich mal davon aus, dass ihr auch keine Rechtschreib/Grammatik Fehler mehr entdecken könnt.