Author Topic: Tweaking the Game Data Files  (Read 360 times)

Durandal

• View Profile
Tweaking the Game Data Files
« on: September 02, 2016, 09:21:20 PM »
Hello everyone. First off let me say that I love this game, and wonderful the Galactic Armory mod.

I've been playing this game for years now, and while it's fun I'd really love to be able to tweak it. Add in certain ideas that I have about new weapons, subsytems, ect.

However, I can't seem to be able to do this. The game data files are read-only and no matter what I do I can not get the settings to accept my changes. Has anyone else had this problem and if so know how to change it?

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
Re: Tweaking the Game Data Files
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 05:20:48 PM »
The files arent read-only unless you have issues with your anti virus or on windows with UAC.   Make sure the game is installed someplace like  c:/games/starruler and NOT in    /ProgramFiles/ and it will avoid UAC issues.  You'll need to look up specific info if its antivirus related.

Other than that the majority of all files you mod are just text.  So editing with Notepad++ shouldnt give you any problems as long as something else isnt interfering.
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.