Author Topic: Custom RingWorld texture  (Read 679 times)

First Artist

• View Profile
Custom RingWorld texture
« on: March 26, 2016, 11:44:40 AM »
Hi there fellow star rulers! ;D
Here is a edited version of the ringworld texture that i made out of boredom...
I figured that the original texture was good but too repetitive of the same set of continents thus rendering it too surrealistic...
The giant solar panels where also a big waste of precious space so i changed them for smaller pieces of "world-scape" ;D (note of warning - the worlds that replace the solar panels also replace the back side of the mesh)
Why replace the solar panels with worlds? well think of it this way:
If u need power you got the full two hemispheres of the star to plant u'r solar panels why plant them in the same small ring area of the world...?

if u thing this is good then hope u enjoy it!  :)
after download put it in your install directory ...images/planets (this is a replace mod, it doesn't add a new ringworld texture)

reply with nice comments or helpful criticism and since i'm a noob modder can i add new planet textures to the game?
and if so how? (besides replacing them) :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:28:18 AM by First Artist »

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
Re: Custom RingWorld texture
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 08:16:34 AM »
Looks good.  Currently a bit occupied with Factorio but next time im playing StarRuler i'll be sure to use this
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.

First Artist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »
Looks good.  Currently a bit occupied with Factorio but next time im playing StarRuler i'll be sure to use this
Much appreciate the nice comment hope u enjoy it  :)
Also thank you for mentioning in there Factorio! i was really loking for some more games and had no idea what to type into google search bar...
For what i'm seeing on youtube now seems pretty cool!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:15:12 PM by First Artist »

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 08:35:14 AM »
I own the Civ games, Cities XL, Banished and such.  Factorio is definitely MY type of game and I think its one of the best in its genre but its still a niche game.  Id recommend you grab a copy off igg-games.com to try it out before purchasing. I dont regret my purchase IN THE LEAST and I've got a few friends to also buy copies but I hate the idea of anyone regretting a purchase.
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.