Author Topic: Official Website for Ship Designs, Mods, and Maps  (Read 22005 times)

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: Official Website for Ship Designs, Mods, and Maps
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »
I don't believe that I forget the %$#@ mining laser!  :o   I really am a fool...  :(

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 07:38:15 PM »
I don't believe that I forget the %$#@ mining laser!  :o   I really am a fool...  :(

Haha, don't say that! It happens to all of us. It's just that you gotta be lucky enough not to be seen by others when it happens. ;D

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 08:53:11 PM »
I would not call this luck... :( Well, anyway I'll go back to Star Ruler and fix my design. I only hope this time I don't forget something really important - like the reactors or the life support!  :o

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »
You know, I was thinking... it would make more sense if an orbital refinery have a "Import Dock (ore)" receiving ore from the surface of planets? it would make more sense than ordering to the refinery to shoot its mining laser in the planet below! ???

Also, why we cannot have a "export dock (He3)" to be used in He3 mobile refineries and/or miners? it would be better than simply oredering to supply nearby planets, stations and ships with fuel - and the He 3 mining operations would proceed without interruption.

Oh, and sorry for my bad English. I'm Brazilian and my knowledge of English never was good.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:06:03 AM by Septimus Oraka »

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »
Someone here can tell me how I use the secondary color (battleship gray) of the Mirage ship set in GA? I really dislike of that orange/copper color scheme usually used in GA. :(

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 03:55:31 AM »
Here is the release thread with all the information you may need.

This is the download containing the Battleship Gray color scheme you want:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/irly9cvns3wqjdw/Mirage_Battleship_Gray.zip

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 09:54:18 AM »
All I need is just unpack and the Battleship Gray color scheme into the GA subfolder? hmmm... let me try.

Strange... I follow the instructions, but nothing happened! I still using the Copper color scheme. I'm doing something wrong?  ???

P.S: I put the file in Star Ruler\mods\Galactic Armory\. Please note that I don't understand nothing about modding, so if I made a mistake, please give me detailed instructions about how to fix this problem.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:01:34 AM by Septimus Oraka »

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »
P.S: I put the file in Star Ruler\mods\Galactic Armory\. Please note that I don't understand nothing about modding, so if I made a mistake, please give me detailed instructions about how to fix this problem.

You need to extract the content of the .zip file - consisting of three folders - into the mod's folder; however, the actual name of the folder may be different from the instructions. For the final release of the mod, we forgot to change the folder name so it may actually be "galactic-armory-1.9.4" instead of "Galactic Armory". So please check the actual name of the mod's folder to be sure. If I'm not mistaken it should then be

Code: [Select]
Star Ruler\Mods\galactic-armory-1.9.4\
which is where you need to extract the content of the .zip file to. If asked to overwrite some files confirm this with yes and you should be good to go.

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2014, 12:10:03 PM »
And once again, nothing happened... :(  and I have not seen any message warning me about files being overwrited. I done everything like you said - but why it is not working?

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2014, 12:18:22 PM »
I'll try to describe what I have done so far - maybe you can tell me what is wrong:

1) I downloaded the file.

2) I have moved the file to Star Ruler\Mods\galactic-armory-1.9.4\.

3) I unpacked the file there. And I have not seen any messages warning me about files being overwrited.

This was all I have done.

P.S: strange. there is two folders in my PC: one says "Mirage_Battleship_Gray" and the other says "Mirage_Battleship_Gray.zip". What in hell is happening here???  ???
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 01:16:12 PM by Septimus Oraka »

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »
Could it be that the software you are using to unpack the archive has created a new folder named after the file itself?

Just hitting "extract archive" is a BAD IDEA. It is better to open the archive using winzip, 7zip or winrar and then manually extract the content.

Okay, please read and follow these instructions carefully:
1. Please check if there is a folder with the same name as the archive - "Mirage_Battleship_Gray" (I assume that is the "file" you are talking about). If that is the case, open that folder.
2. You should see three folders within this one: Game Data, Images, Models. Select all of them and hit ctrl+x.
3. Exit the folder and go to Star Ruler\Mods\galactic-armory-1.9.4\. Click on an empty space or any file within that folder and hit ctrl+v.
4. When prompted to overwrite files, select "yes" or "overwrite all".

I know Star Ruler involves space ships and stuff, but this isn't rocket science, trust me ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:30:44 PM by XTRMNTR2K »

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2014, 02:17:18 PM »
"Manually extract the content"?! what that means?! I never used this 7zip in my life - was my brother who installed this program in my PC, but I never used it before. And there is no empty spaces in Star Ruler\Mods\galactic-armory-1.9.4\. There are a series of folders (subfolders?) there.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:24:24 PM by Septimus Oraka »

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2014, 02:30:13 PM »
By "empty space" I meant the background in the explorer window. In any case, just stick to the instructions and click on any file in that folder instead (so that something within that folder is selected).

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
Strange. There are only two folders inside of the file: Game Date and Images. Where is the folder Models? I think there is something wrong with the file.  ???

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 02:46:03 PM »
Looks like you got the wrong file - the one you only need if you want to use the set WITHOUT galactic armory. Here's the correct one.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gv4j91575jebhhy/Mirage_shipset.zip

In case you're wondering, my hourly rate for technical support is 30 EUR ;D

;)

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 03:07:28 PM »
30 EUR?! wow!  :o Well, I'll test and see if the new shipset is finally working. Cross your fingers...

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »
And once again, the damn shipset is not working - I done everything as you said. I tried a New Game and there was the old, annoying copper color scheme striking my eyes with its ugliness... what is wrong this time?!? >:(

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
And once again, the damn shipset is not working - I done everything as you said. I tried a New Game and there was the old, annoying copper color scheme striking my eyes with its ugliness... what is wrong this time?!? >:(

Did you overwrite the files in Star Ruler\Mods\galactic-armory-1.9.4\ with the ones from the newly downloaded .zip file?

EDIT:
Okay, this time I messed up. Sorry.
The file you downloaded before this one was actually correct. The one you just got is copper color... For some reason, cause792 only included two folders in the grey one, so you need to download the other one first (which you already have, since it is included in Galactic Armory!).

So, one last time:
1. Select the two folders in Mirage_Battleship_Gray: Game Data and Images and hit ctrl+x
2. Go to Star Ruler\Mods\galactic-armory-1.9.4\. Click on something within that folder and hit ctrl+v.
3. Confirm the file overwrite when asked.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 03:36:18 PM by XTRMNTR2K »

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
I have seen a message warning me about files being overwrited and I clicked "yes". And the file "Mirage_shipset(1)" is now emptied.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2014, 04:16:06 PM »
I have seen a message warning me about files being overwrited and I clicked "yes". And the file "Mirage_shipset(1)" is now emptied.

Actually the folder Mirage_Battleship_Gray is supposed to be empty. That's the one you should have taken the two folders from. Mirage_shipset(1) is probably a copy of the original one (copper color). So all you did was overwrite the copper shipset with the same one.

Please repeat those steps for the other folder, taking the files from the folder called Mirage_Battleship_Gray.

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2014, 04:41:23 PM »

EDIT:
Okay, this time I messed up. Sorry.
The file you downloaded before this one was actually correct. The one you just got is copper color... For some reason, cause792 only included two folders in the grey one, so you need to download the other one first (which you already have, since it is included in Galactic Armory!).

So, one last time:
1. Select the two folders in Mirage_Battleship_Gray: Game Data and Images and hit ctrl+x
2. Go to Star Ruler\Mods\galactic-armory-1.9.4\. Click on something within that folder and hit ctrl+v.
3. Confirm the file overwrite when asked.

AAAARRRGH!!! HULK SMASHES!!!  >:( X300

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2014, 04:43:01 PM »
Actually the folder Mirage_Battleship_Gray is supposed to be empty. That's the one you should have taken the two folders from. Mirage_shipset(1) is probably a copy of the original one (copper color). So all you did was overwrite the copper shipset with the same one.

Please repeat those steps for the other folder, taking the files from the folder called Mirage_Battleship_Gray.

Finally! it is working. Thanks!  ;D

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2014, 05:04:24 PM »
Finally! it is working. Thanks!  ;D

Glad to hear that! Have fun exploding some stars! :D

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »
No thanks. I prefer to enslave all inteligent life in the galaxy.  ;)

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2014, 07:06:41 PM »
Hey, XTR... ahhhh! I'll call you "XCOMmander", ok? you know where I can find the ship sets based in EVE Online for GA? I tried to find them here in the forums, but the only link I found (for the Amarr ship set) was dead.  :(

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2014, 03:13:35 AM »
Hey, XTR... ahhhh! I'll call you "XCOMmander", ok? you know where I can find the ship sets based in EVE Online for GA? I tried to find them here in the forums, but the only link I found (for the Amarr ship set) was dead.  :(

Nope, sorry :\

Until just now I didn't even know there was an EVE shipset out there. Has it ever been released or was it still work in progress?

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2014, 08:42:37 AM »
As far as I know, the Amarr ship set was read to use. It is really a shame that I cannot download this shipset. :(  Well, at least I have the Mirage ship set.

Oh, and the link to the Amarr ship set was located in this thread: http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=4572.msg35688#msg35688

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2014, 09:50:30 AM »
Hey, XCOMmander! :)  I found a ship set compilation here in the forums with the Amarr ship set, but I don't know how to install just this ship set (Amarr) in my PC. Also, you know a ship set called HGN? If this HGN is so cool like the Mirage, the Neumon, the Terrakin, the Vaygr or the Hiigaran ship sets, I will install it in my PC - but if is so ugly like the bezimeni or the Polarstorm ship sets, I will run of it like if it was the devil in person!  :o

Oh, yes! I forgot to say I found this ship set compilation here: http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=4925.msg37917#msg37917
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:56:24 AM by Septimus Oraka »

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »
HGN is short for Hiigaran, which is already in the mod. I remember a single Hiigara shipset being around before we added it to the mod along with the Vaygr one, so it may be slightly different (i.e. there are different models in it).

As for the Polarstorm shipset... Yeah, those textures weren't my finest work. :P

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »
Well, at least the Polarstorm ship set is not so ugly as the Bezimeni ship set, right? oh, and you can tell me how I can add the Amarr ship set - and only the Amarr ship set - in my PC?