Author Topic: Of GSVs and Research teams  (Read 506 times)

kickassfrog

• View Profile
Of GSVs and Research teams
« on: December 17, 2011, 11:20:20 AM »
I would like to see research crews buildable on ships, as well as the ability to produce metals and other resources from the matter generator.
Basically, I would like the ability to form self-reliant ships, which is something that the import and export docks and refineries seem to be taking steps towards.
Also, I would enjoy it if targeting sensors allowed an increase in the range of weapons. Or more control on a computer allowing missiles to have a higher effective range.

EDIT: Also, on the subject of alliances, I did have a couple of thoughts that make them more than a non-aggression pact:

1. Allied fleets. In the cementing of a permanent alliance, I think it would be fun to co-opt a fleet with your ally. While this would make it difficult to control, it would improve relations if both players could contribute a set amount of ships, and agree on a set objective for the fleet.
2. Attack player command: The ability to put in a feature where you can ask an ally to declare war on an enemy would make having allies worthwhile.
3 Protectoracy: The protectorate player provides a small tax of their resource income to their protector, in exchange for protection. Basically, anyone who declares war on the protectee effectively declares war on the protector, but not necessarily vice versa.

I realise these would be quite a programming job, but possible. If I could help in any way, please ask me, and I'll see if I can help.

I'll add any ideas I have here, in case modders or the devs think they're doable and would improve the quality of the game.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:47:48 PM by kickassfrog »