Author Topic: Something is wrong with the Star Map Layout.  (Read 552 times)

Davor

• Distracted
    • View Profile
Something is wrong with the Star Map Layout.
« on: September 11, 2014, 12:43:50 PM »
I haven't played yet so going off by You Tube videos. (Steam is too "busy" so I can't get into Star Ruler 2 to buy it. Hoping after this post I can buy it and install it). Still once Steam is not "busy" I will be buying SR2 so I am giving my constructive criticism from what I saw.

Not sure how to explain it, it's to static. I mean the spacing is almost exactly the same, an example is they are ever centimeter apart in all direction.

They are all in an order instead of random or choas, so it looks the same. All the gaps are spaced apart the same, so instead of seeing random, I am seeing order. A pattern. We should never see that in stars. I never noticed this in Star Ruler. Maybe having limited maps I noticed it this time.

Cluster map just looks like Christmas tree bulbs. They are circular and they all look the same. Only difference is the colour. Spacing, shape, density is all the same.

Spiral and cork screw while looking amazing on the whole, again the spacing, is all the same. You even see straight line formations which we should never be seeing in a galaxy. Maybe something like the Big Dipper I can understand, but like 10 stars making a straight line? Then it's repeated over and over again.

I know this is still in alpha so it's really early and more maps will be made later. I never seen it anywhere mentioned about the spacing so I wanted to comment and hopefully it makes this a better game.