Author Topic: v1.0.6.2 → v1.0.7.0 Changelog (Releasing)  (Read 37803 times)

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
v1.0.6.2 → v1.0.7.0 Changelog (Releasing)
« on: March 06, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »
Live Patch Notes for version 1.0.7.0.
Download 1.0.7.0 (Patch from 1.0.6.2)
Previous Patch: 1.0.6.0 → 1.0.6.2

Changes: Final
[Fixed] Fix issue when importing blueprints with a "Manage Docked"/autoundock order.
[Fixed] Bridges only needed half as much crew as they were reporting.
[Fixed] The orders given by the trade automation order were reversed.
[Fixed] AIs taking over from disconnected players in MP would add their traits and reset the homeworld.
[Fixed] Crash on load when docked objects had been given orders.
[Fixed] After loading a game, planets and systems that were scouted before but had no vision when saving are now still visible.
[Fixed] Loading a game after returning to the main menu from a mod would not work without re-selecting the mod first.
[Fixed] Fixed a crash in multiplayer related to losing a planet.
[Fixed] Starting Tech Level now only affects technologies that start unlocked, unless "All Techs Available" is also enabled.
[Fixed] "Ancient Ruins" now works with "All Techs Available" enabled.
[Fixed] Energy weapons would display the wrong power cost when modified to fire faster than once per second.
[Fixed] Declaring war was not cancelling all previous treaties with that empire.
[Changed] Selecting a ship in a fleet now selects the entire fleet. Clicking the ship again will select just that ship.
[Changed] Tweaked the AI profiles homeworld build orders to work better with the economy.
[Changed] Canceling a construction returns 50% of the resource cost of the construction (except for Labor).
[Changed] Shipyard governors no longer remove farms.
[Changed] When deciding to update a layout, sub system size is taken into account. Small sub systems are less important for auto-updating, and large sub systems are more important.
[Changed] Tweaked Metals and Electronics fab images for a bit better readability.
[Changed] Redid the layout of all technologies.
[Balance] Doubled Advanced Parts production, and slightly reduced Electronics and Metal production.
[Balance] Increased the various lasers' damage by 33%.
[Balance] Work ethic and Academics campaign civil acts only affect resource production by 10% rather than 25%.
[Added] Detailed Statistics on a blueprint now shows the maximum distance a ship can fly in its fuel life time.
[Added] Exact stored resources and storage capacity can now be seen per resource on the economy tab.
[Added] "Automatically Explore" automation order. Find an unscouted system when built and fly to it (possibly repeating or fleeing from enemies). Added to the default scout blueprint.
[Added] Firing and Impact points can now be seen in the model configurator. Also removed any non-functional tools from the toolbar.
[Added] Added option to disable engine flares. Disabling them should significantly improve framerate for games with large numbers of ships.
[Added] Added 'stroked' versions of the fonts. These are used as a nicer version of text shadowing (e.g. Research Field names, Mouse-Overlay text).
[Added] Added "As Level" syntax for sub system variables to make them be treated as level vars for the purposes of updating a sub system.
[Added] Added recolors of the Railgun for Artillery and Plasma Thrower for the Muon Cannon.
[Added] Added a new weapon, the Muon Cannon. Lower dps than a railgun, but partially pierces armor. Uses low amounts of ammo, but needs power.
[Added] Added "Material Sciences" technology. Increases most sub system health significantly per-level (not armor or hulls). Now governs the bulkhead's level (rather than armor).
[Added] Added a new shipset by eRe4s3r, dubbed the 'Neumon' shipset.
[Added] When in contact with more than one other empire, relative rankings in the categories Military, Colonization, Research and Economy are listed.
[Added] Global empire population stat in the empire window.
[Added] Flags can now be selected from the race customization menu and are displayed in the empire window.
[UI] Added a common GUI skin. We are moving all windows over to the new skin system, and several windows have already been moved over. This includes a variety of improvements to the functionality of those windows as well.
[UI] Minimap: clicking the bars for an empire selects all military ships of that empire in the system.
[UI] Minimap: Selecting an object now clears focus, allowing the camera to behave as expected.
[UI] Research window: ctrl-clicking the remove button for a queued tech removes a single level instead.
[UI] The escape menu is now handled in the scripts, and is centered on the screen.
[UI] Current population and amount of structures built on a planet can now be seen from the hover information for every planet, not just your own.
[UI] Ship Layout Editor: The sub system list now has modes to display small icons and text, or large icons only.
[UI] Ship Layout Editor: You can drag a sub system out of the list to add it to the design, rather than double clicking.
[UI] Ship Layout Editor: Designs in the layout list can now be sorted by name or scale, and obsoleted designs are reddish when "Show Obsolete" is enabled.
[UI] Ship Layout Editor: Holding control while dragging a sub system on the blueprint creates a copy.
[UI] Diplomacy window: Reorganized the window to be easier to use.
[UI] Treat window: Reorganized the window to make who does what clearer.
[UI] Object List: Objects can now be filtered by name and type, and all filtered objects can be selected.
[Removed] Removed the dark purple empire color.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:22:10 PM by GGLucas »

colonyan

• Distracted
    • View Profile
Re: Live Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 10:30:43 PM »
Kitaaaa~! \(^o^)/
Last crop was fantastic, next crop will be good too, I can see it!

Patch Released! Precious moment.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:15:08 PM by colonyan »

thiosk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 01:49:48 AM »
[Changed] Selecting a ship in a fleet now selects the entire fleet. Clicking the ship again will select just that ship.

oh snap

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:24:24 AM »
sound good so far  :D
-----------------------
"DarkAngel: for me Star Ruler at first sounded like a game where you play with music and have to reach a score"

mecharm

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 08:48:03 AM »
Version 1.0.7.0 already?

Something big is coming (again)?

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 09:18:56 AM »
Version 1.0.7.0 already?

Something big is coming (again)?

My thoughts exactly.

Brace for impact!

echo66

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »
wait a sec....shouldn't it be 1.0.8.0?? As far as i remember, the odd numbers are for internal versions.

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 09:53:39 AM »
Any odd in the final place is for internal versions, yes, but we've had 1.0.1.0, 1.0.3.0 and 1.0.5.0 already, so I'm not sure how you got that it counts for that spot as well ;)

Starlight

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 10:01:52 AM »
Looking forwards to the next patch.  I hate having to play against cheating AI's, which was the only (massive) downside to the last otherwise awesome patch. z: j
--------------------------------------------------------
Why, this signature serves no purpose whatsoever!
--------------------------------------------------------

Foraven

• Delusional
  • Fear the gauss weapons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »
Can you guys do anything about the colony ships chasing the planets they try to colonize? I know it's not that common in vanilla (still happen around larger stars), but it's terribly annoying when we play with custom maps with larger stars and planets.
Maker of FRB mod.

orzelek

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 11:34:27 AM »
Actually this time I would prefer it to be a bit less ambitious.. since it fixes crash that makes save game loading impossible for me 8)

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 01:49:21 PM »
List of changes looks great. I wonder what new will be added

Superking

• Distracted
  • Ohhhh Jobi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 02:42:58 PM »
[Fixed] After loading a game, planets and systems that were scouted before but had no vision when saving are now still visible.

aww yearh  :D
I Make the Bread

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 02:30:27 AM »
so... any news on the Jump-Drive? read last time that you guys had an idea about how to make ship auto use Jump-Drives to defend systems and so on  :)
would also be nice on colony ships  :P
-----------------------
"DarkAngel: for me Star Ruler at first sounded like a game where you play with music and have to reach a score"

Cboath

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 05:46:11 PM »
I am looking forward to the next patch as long as it fixes the AI.

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »
I think developers will improve AI systematically and they won't do it completely in this patch.

lordfly

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 12:22:56 PM »
yeah, AI is extremely complicated. At least it's moddable, so we can always make our own. I'd rather they flesh out the game proper first.

SpaceBoy6

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 11:15:55 AM »
Looking great. AI are ok for now, but i did notice they colonize hardly any system's so Ruling the galaxy is easy.
- Conquerer Of Star's! -
Selling a inno3d 9500gt 30Pound(UK ONLY)

SpaceBoy6

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »
I have a major error. After having the game installed for a few days it starts crashing and i dont know how to fix it.
- Conquerer Of Star's! -

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 03:37:34 PM »
I have a major error. After having the game installed for a few days it starts crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

It is best to create a thread in help and support instead. Please make a thread there and include your log.txt file.

SpaceBoy6

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 03:57:48 PM »
Where is the log located? (Window7 64-bit)
- Conquerer Of Star's! -

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 04:08:15 PM »
My Documents/My Games/Star Ruler

Cboath

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 08:20:48 PM »
Looking great. AI are ok for now, but i did notice they colonize hardly any system's so Ruling the galaxy is easy.

The AI hardly expands because of a recent change to the economy that the current AI does not know how to cope with so its broken, i suppose you could say the economy is broken and not the AI but it would by very nice if either were changed. I am truely sorry but the change to the economy broke the AI so the game is basically broken itself for SP. I have tried and selected cheating AI but then the game crashes constantly in the first 10 - 15 minutes with out using time compression and almost instantaneously if i try and use high time compression for more than a few seconds.

Yes the game is moddable but no company in its right mind would try and officially support 3rd party mods to their game and all 3 TC mods i know of EU, GA and FRB crash much more frequently then the unmodded game does even if i do not use time compression.

All I am really hoping for major improvements to the AI in the next patch is the AI not to stall out in the beginning of a game, that is what I meant by the AI being fixed. Other than that I would call most changes to the AI tweaks and not fixes.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »
but then the game crashes constantly in the first 10 - 15 minutes

If you don't report these crashes with minidumps, there's nothing we can do to help. Most people are stable for many hours at a time.

Cboath

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 12:28:19 AM »
Thy I would have thought that selecting the Cheating AI option might actually produce unexpected results which might not occur otherwise unless that option only has a limited effect on the AI, like unlimited resources, so did not know BMS might look at the crash dumps. A lot of large companies refuse to view crashes of their game/s if its not on pure stock settings and I wouldnt count the Cheating AI as stock even though it is provided by BMS.

I think I will refrain from posting until after 1.0.7 has been released and see how the game performs then and start posting crash dumps etc. Recently I have been playing the Legacy 1.0.5.4 mod that comes with the game as the AI at least expands in it and doesnt crash as often as I have been experiencing with other TC mods.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 12:42:21 AM »
Some settings certainly are problematic, a very low research cost curve, or very high level gain, for example, can cause too many tech events for the game to properly handle. Similarly, extremely large system counts (5000+) are also not expected to perform well, or at all. However, except out-of-memory errors like in the large system count example, settings should not crash the game, and we will investigate those reports.

MisterE

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 09:47:51 AM »
Looking good....

Silence from me does not mean I am not watching the "patches" threads, waiting for releases and playing Star Ruler.

SpaceBoy6

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 03:02:58 AM »
From people's crash error, I have figured out how to make it stop crashing.
Make sure you have no experimental options set on. Because this is the reason it kept crashing with me.
- Conquerer Of Star's! -

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
Changes: Not Final
[Changed] Canceling a construction returns 50% of the resource cost of the construction (except for Labor).
is this 50% of the resources used so far?

or is it up to 50%? meaning that when the construction is 50% complete it's starts "wasting" the resources?

or can i start building a deathstar... stop it at 1% and get 50% of the deathstar's total resource cost? (gaining 49% of the resources from no where? :P)

i'd guess it's the first?  :-\
-----------------------

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 09:38:34 AM »
It is 50% of the resources used so far. Doing it any other way would be pretty silly.