Author Topic: 1.0.0.6 Patch Released  (Read 4463 times)

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
1.0.0.6 Patch Released
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »
The 1.0.0.6 Patch has been released. Get it here. Must be installed over version 1.0.0.4.

Major changes: Full Changelog
[Fixed] Fixed numerous issues, both minor and major.
[Changed] Objects are visible much further away now, as small icons.
[Added] Players may choose from multiple planet governors per planet.
[Added] The selection count box now lists counts by object type, and can be used to change the selection.
[Added] Updated Networking Library.

x1d

• View Profile
Re: 1.0.0.6 Patch Released
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:29:22 PM »
Awesome, is it good practice to patch the impulse version manually or should I wait for it to be automatically available on impulse.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:58:52 PM »
I'm not sure, but it should be compatible.

x1d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 10:15:30 PM »
Its working great ;D

but the patch installer default path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Ruler" and the Impulse one is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Indie Games\Star Ruler" so people with Impulse will have to change it which is no big deal at all!

Thank you  :D

Darcion

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 01:33:08 AM »
i got every time my win partition, but its not on this partition. i have to change it manually every time.

Samades

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 05:54:42 AM »
Thanks for the patch :), is there a possibility that we can select which governor should be the defoult for new colonies in the empire window in the future?

Snall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 07:51:00 AM »
Is there a way to make custom govs?  Tell them what to build if they have 35 slots or so, and then if they have less they just build up to their #- that would work nicely. 

Firgof

• BMS Administrator
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 07:52:07 AM »
Yes.  The rules for the governors are located in build_queues.xml
"Now it will punish you"

FGRaptor

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 08:17:42 AM »
Using an english.txt in a mod folder does nothing for me. Seems as if it's still not overriding the original.
"An eye for an eye... makes the world look funny, because no one has eyes."

ayrnieu

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 04:57:04 PM »

FGRaptor

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 07:47:52 AM »
Reaper answered you in the other thread: http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=773.msg6110#msg6110

I know, I wrote this before he did that.
"An eye for an eye... makes the world look funny, because no one has eyes."

Will the Great

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 01:13:04 PM »
Hmm...

Since installing this patch I can't edit ship designs. Anybody else having this problem?

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 01:20:57 PM »
Could you post your log.txt?

Will the Great

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »
http://www.filefront.com/17257539/log.txt

Basically the problem is, the list of designs on the Blueprints window is completely nonresponsive - but only the list of designs. Making a new ship design seems to work fine, and the list updates, but I can't edit it from the list again, or mark it obsolete, or Update Hull.

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 03:42:57 PM »
That is very odd, and there is no indication as to why it's unresponsive. I'm not sure how to help.

Will the Great

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
Reinstall fixed it. I think it was a problem with a mod, not the patch.

Ruid

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 09:54:24 AM »
Well, I came across a few bugs after updating my game with this patch, but before I go there, let me ask you for something.

Would it be possible to allow my windows, that I position while playing the game, meaning I might put the system window in the bottom right corner, to stay where I put it when I leave and come back to it again later. Right now, every time I quite, then come back, I have to re-position all my windows again like I had them when I left.

Now, for those who would like to get on here and tell me that I could do this or that to correct this, or it's not a big deal, so just get over it, please realize I don't want to do a work around, nor do I care to fix this myself. All I'm asking is that the people I bought the game from tweak things to my liking if at all possible, that’s all. So please save your comments for someone else ok.

I just thought I would say the above because I have read a few posts where people get told, what I just said, for asking questions like these.  Look, I didn't buy the game to code edit myself. I bought it to play. (:

Anyways, this is a few of the bugs I ran across last night.

1.) Before the patch, when my saved game loaded, all the planets I had colonize would show up no problem on my system list, and also on the play screen. But now when I re-start my game, none of my planets show up, meaning, it just takes me to the main star of the galaxy with nothing else selectable or even visible. That is unless I go into the systems tab, I believe, and select the objects list, I think it is called. Once I do that, all of the planets that I have colonized shows up, and everything works fine.

The other thing I should tell you is this: when I first start the game, it does show in the top right corner that my stuff is still adding up even though I can't see any planets on my screen.

Also, if I go into the system screen, before I select the objects list choice, it will show that I have x number of planets, but it doesn't show what those planets are. It just shows like the number six or seven, or whatever.

2.) If I select a resolution other then desktop, then when I reload the game, it pushes my option selection menu down to far, meaning, it is so far down that I can't visually select it any more. I think all of these options on the main screen should be move up closer to the top, so that when this happens, the options selection part of the menu doesn't end up off  the screen.

In ending, I just want to say, that I do like your game, and I think it has a lot of potential if given the right kind of care, which I’m sure it will get.

Thanks.
And bye.

Ruid.