Author Topic: v1.0.0.0->v1.0.1.8 Changelog (Released)  (Read 11598 times)

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
v1.0.0.0->v1.0.1.8 Changelog (Released)
« on: October 09, 2010, 10:04:34 PM »
Live Patch Notes for version 1.0.1.8.
Download (patch from 1.0.1.6a)
Download (patch from 1.0.0.0)
Previous Patch: 1.0.1.4 → 1.0.1.6

Changes: Final
[Fixed] Fixed an issue that broke most sub system modifiers and planet conditions.
[Fixed] In the Stellar-pedia, the Shipyard world's description was for the Construction world. Also added the Shipyard world's correct description.
[Fixed] Float input fields in the new game menu were not working properly.
[Fixed] Players could not rejoin empires after a multiplayer game was loaded from a previous save.
[Fixed] Clients playing as empires in multiplayer now get the first planet pinned and zoomed to.
[Fixed] Hosts were getting pop ups when the master server temporarily didn't respond.
[Fixed] Missing localizations for the object info window's cargo panel.
[Fixed] When opening the planet window for the first time without a planet selected, automatically select your first planet instead of showing an empty window.
[Fixed] Tweaked cargo transfer logic to possibly fix negative cargo storage.
[Fixed] Fixed long-standing issue where multiple objects shared an ID in loaded games. Fixes various issues with loaded games, primarily in multiplayer.
[Changed] Updated Russian translation.
[Changed] Control-clicking in the right click build menu (not build on best) now also pops up the specify amount window.
[Changed] Clicking on a treaty waiting icon in the empire window's empire list now pops up the treaty window.
[Added] Added flags to Effect Events to allow special damage types.
[Added] Maps now have their own .xml files to specify map-specific settings.
[Added] Added various new map shapes: Sphere, Cylinder, Cross, Dumbbell and Clusters.
[Added] Added a new weapon: Phased Energy Beam. Deals low damage, but passes completely through armor (not shields).
[Added] Added float vector.dotProduct(const vector& other) const for scripts.

To use Effect Event flags:
The Event class has a new uint flags member, defaulting to 0. You may access or change it at any time, and may choose the default value for damage events by passing an optional argument to Object::damage(Object@ source, float amount, uint flags).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:45:39 PM by Thy Reaper »

PunkiBastardo

• View Profile
Re: Live Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »
please add the construction world to the starpedia if it's not much of a hussle

Mfmkx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 03:37:33 AM »
Odd thing, if you blow up your own scout with a station, it crashes the game. Something odd I noted. Hope I'm not the only one who blows up their own stuff when bored. :P

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 03:44:15 AM »
It's probably a stupid question, but wouldn't it make sense to release another hotfix that fixes the broken subsystem modifiers and planet conditions (funny, I didn't notice the planet condition thing)?
Just asking, because it kinda seems like a big deal to me.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with 1.0.1.8. :)

@Mfmkx:
I won't necessarily do it out of boredom, but it seems like a good way to test and compare different ship designs and their strengths/weaknesses. I think I'll start a sandbox game without AI opponents one of these days to tweak my designs... ;D

mop

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 03:54:34 AM »
Also there are some good mods out is there any way you can include them

some are the planetary invasion mod it may be in beta though

there is also the distance mod it tells the distance between 2 objects this would be use full for calculating jumps also if u would like you can modify this mod to meet your spacifacions etc...

also there are some galaxy mods if there is any way to put them in the game with out crashing it, would be nice, if not its cool for now!!
what's a
Signature

Talso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 06:42:50 AM »
As said before, adding the distance mod would be really a good idea. At the moment I know how far my ship is able to jump, and the minimum distance it has to jump at least, but 9.25k all alone is not a helpful info. I know the range of the weapons. But these infos don´t help at all if you don´t get to see how FAR objects are really away from each other. The distance info is VERY useful and absolutely necessary I think.

Dred_furst

• Star Ruler Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 07:21:57 AM »
[Added] Added flags to Effect Events to allow special damage types.

Please can you add a shield depleter / engine disabler to the game as examples (and cool guns)?

Davor

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »
It's probably a stupid question, but wouldn't it make sense to release another hotfix that fixes the broken subsystem modifiers and planet conditions (funny, I didn't notice the planet condition thing)?
Just asking, because it kinda seems like a big deal to me.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with 1.0.1.8. :)
The way the patches comes out, expect to see 1.0.1.8 withen a week or 2, so it's not really that long. But I can understand what you mean though. I didn't notice the planet conditionthing either. :)

Tkins

• Star Ruler Tester (Group 2)
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 11:56:25 AM »
Unless something has changed Thy Reaper said they would release this path Monday or Tuesday.

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »
Because  this is such an important mechanic, we'll probably put out the patch on  Monday or Tuesday, and make it a full patch from 1.0.0.0.
He mentioned that in thread about linked subsystem bug.

mop

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 01:22:56 PM »
Unless something has changed Thy Reaper said they would release this path Monday or Tuesday.

Woot!!!! this patch????? it wouldn't have much in it though, maby 10 things max, its to early wate till end of weak maby it will have lots in it!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 01:27:27 PM by mop »
what's a
Signature

SpardaSon21

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 03:20:03 PM »
[Fixed] Fixed an issue that broke most sub system modifiers and planet conditions.
That's why the patch is releasing so quickly.  Broken subsystem modifiers is bad.
Peace is not about having a bigger stick than the other guy.  Peace is about beating the other guy with your bigger stick until he submits to your benevolent rule.

-Frequent forumite and player of both Sword of the Stars and Sins of a Solar Empire.

ouch

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 11:07:01 PM »
[Fixed] Float input fields in the new game menu were not working properly.

yay! lol.  Now I have to re-adjust the menu though... oh well.
My Mods:
Auto Resource Transfering Subsystems (Fuel, Power, Ammo):
http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=1427.0
Advanced spiral universe generation:
http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=1536.0
Currently working on: Adv Spiral Universe Map

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 06:01:38 AM »
[Fixed] Players could not rejoin empires after a multiplayer game was loaded from a previous save.

Hell yes! I've been playing a few LAN games with a friend (or rather we tried to), and despite the great feature of being able to save and load MP games, we couldn't continue our games if they crashed, etc. due to this. Thanks for the great fix!

[Added] Added a new weapon: Phased Energy Beam. Deals low damage, but passes completely through armor (not shields)

Nice! So you implemented a damage logic that ignores armor? It could be used for other weapons as well, eh? This game surely is a modder's dream. ;D

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »
[Added] Added various new map shapes: Sphere, Cylinder, Cross, and Clusters.
What about other shapes? There are many interesting shapes on the forum like hourglass and multigalaxy.

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »
Multigalaxy requires some more thought than just a map that creates multiple spiral galaxies in different positions, ideally you should be able to select multiple maps and have it pick one at random for each galaxy. Regardless, that will not be in this patch.

Hourglass is interesting, and I'm looking into adding it, it might or might not make it into the patch.

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 12:19:11 PM »
I've already made an hourglass galaxy. It just needs gas in it like stock galaxy and it will be completed.

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 12:51:24 PM »
I've looked at your hourglass math, and I don't think that generates a uniform distribution: the stars are very much concentrated around the poles. I got scolded by Reaper for doing the same thing in my sphere map. This link explains it pretty well.

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 01:13:37 PM »
Aaaa. I see. Now I understand, why it generated uneven distribution.

Davor

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 04:48:37 PM »
This link[/url] explains it pretty well.
My head is spinning trying to make any sence of that. Math is not my strongest subject.

ouch

• Distracted
    • View Profile
Re: Live Patch Notes (Releasing)
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 09:39:14 PM »
The new map menu stuff is really bad...

First off the labels (<tag text=) don't get stuffed in that tiny box as shown in the picture. They also get shown reguardless of what map is selected

Secondly, that tiny box for map settings... eh, that's fine for a couple controls but it's only 4 rows high... that is going to be such a huge pain in the ass for people to constantly scroll around. Why not just spawn a new window where the maps xml file can determine the size of that window? or at the very least let us determine the size of that scrolling box nightmare...
My Mods:

Firgof

• BMS Administrator
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »
We've only worked on it for about 30 minutes; it will see improvement.
"Now it will punish you"

Darcion

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 11:52:17 PM »
pls give us next time the localization before release a patch with new textlines.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:49:59 AM by Darcion »

Darcion

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 04:44:48 AM »
100% translated stellar-pedia with 1.0.1.8 compatible contend downloadable in our localization area.

DJND

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 09:14:57 AM »
Secondly, that tiny box for map settings... eh, that's fine for a couple controls but it's only 4 rows high...

Hm, isn't there a way to define a button in that tiny box which opens your dialog for yourself? Hm... ultimately i believe it would be best to offer a few of the more important choices directly in the new-game-dialog and a way to change everything else in a second, more detailed, dialog that can be opened if neccessary.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Orkel

• Star Ruler Tester (Group 2)
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »
Now that the AI got a stealth ship added to their arsenal (battlecruiser scale 50), they'll be annoying to kill. Considering the ship gets a 92.4% miss chance when stealth tech is at lvl10 not to mention the miss chances at techs 5-9. Great fun indeed.

ouch

• Distracted
    • View Profile
Re: v1.0.0.0->v1.0.1.8 Changelog (Released)
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Can we get a quick fix for the text tags? We can put up with the tiny box, but without the text tags no one will know what each of the groups of controls are for.

Hm, isn't there a way to define a button in that tiny box which opens your dialog for yourself? Hm... ultimately i believe it would be best to offer a few of the more important choices directly in the new-game-dialog and a way to change everything else in a second, more detailed, dialog that can be opened if neccessary.

Just my 2 cents. :)

I wish, but no. Adding stuff outside that box means once again hijacking main_menu.xml. but even if you do that, that box is hardcoded there, I would literally have to re-arange everything around it. and the controls would always be there reguardless of what map was selected.
My Mods:

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 06:45:38 PM »
The text tags have been fixed for the next patch, and map xml will also be able to specify to create an advanced window (with the size and columns decided by the map xml), if a map then has advanced settings a button appears to open the window.

For now, you'll have to continue to hijack main_menu.xml. You can make the box disappear by setting height="0" in the maplist tag.

ouch

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 10:10:30 PM »
Is there anyway I can get that revised exe? I have (currently with more planned before next release) 128 menu options that I have to re-arrange (excluding text labels)... So yeah, the less number of times that I have to re-arrange them the better.

I see you can actually change the size of that box the controls get displayed in. So I can use it and get something presentable with a few main_menu.xml customizations, but like I said if your doing a major change again I would like to just re-arrange everything for the upcoming change instead of just this one if possible.
My Mods:

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 11:00:50 PM »
Well the tags will work as expected starting next patch, and map scripts will also be able to have (inside the <map> section) an advanced tag as such:

Code: [Select]
<advanced width="600" height="500">
<columns .....>
<range ...>
<etc...>
</advanced>

It functions like you'd expect. It'll probably take a while for this patch to hit, considering it should be a big one, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:49:24 PM by GGLucas »