Author Topic: [MOD] FRB 2.1.5b for Star Ruler 1.1.0.0 (December 18 2011) - Update  (Read 59098 times)

Foraven

• Delusional
  • Fear the gauss weapons!
    • View Profile
[MOD] FRB 2.1.5b for Star Ruler 1.1.0.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note : Delete old versions of the mod before installing

What this mod is about.

I made this mod to create a more balanced and fair gameplay for SR. This mod also try to be a bit more realistic in what is actually possible to do in game. However it's not just about balance, there are also new sounds, art and subsystems added, as well as other improvements. I do not believe in adding stuff just for the sake of adding them, i want the new weapon or device to add something the other devices in game don't already provide (or at least, make it provide it in a different way). This mod also fix a few minor issues the base game has (read not yet fixed).

What this mod currently do.

-Re-balance subsystems.
-Tech advance is more linear (for most technologies at least).
-Display more data about the use and perks of subsystems.
-Greatly improve the trade, import and export of resources.
-Limit how many subsystems of certain types you can have (for example, armor).
-Large ships are slower than small ones (with comparable designs).
-Most ship designs have a good chance of evading fire of larger enemies.
-Low tech designs are cheaper and faster to build than high tech ones (mean complexity, not actual tech level).
-Taking damage to hull slows passive repair (repair bays, crew quarters) for 5 seconds.
-Some subsystems are more exposed than others and can be damaged before armor.
-Larger ships needs more power but require less control for the same subsystems.
-Weapons have more range and scale more visibly with size.
-Remote repair range is shorter than stock game.
-Research is slower, and levelling effects are less exponential than stock game.
-Increase the resource and planet size (mean more metals and more space on planets).
-Change how Jump drives works : they make you cross vast distance instantly, but are not pin point accurate so group of ships may not land close to each others.
-Planets population growth rate reduced.
-Some weapons are better than others against planet's population (bombs, missiles, torps, plasma weapons).
-Colonies are harder to kill, small weapons (besides torps and bombs) hardly hurt them, needs big guns to cause damage.
-Weapons are smarter : They pick targets that suite them best (some aim smaller, other larger, others bigger... With some randomness).
-Improve boarding mechanics using a modified version of EU boarding script. Boarding pods use troops that can be used to repair or recrew ships.
-Use a modified map generation script that produce more diversified, and also more realistic systems (not like realistic systems mod though).
-Uses an updated Erudite AI (Thanks to TotallyUnderpowered who initially worked on the AI).
-Use an improved automatic governor selection.
-Add new governor types.
-Add new solar systems and special system effects.
-Add More star colors.
-Add sounds and effects.
-Add new subsystems (weapons, hull, structures etc).
-Add larger variety of weapons and damage effects to make weapon systems unique.
-Add new AIs personalities: Aggressive and Industrialist (currently in rework due to new AI).
-Add new planets and planet modifier.
-Add ranged Area of effect weapons.
-Add several artillery type weapons.
-Add some impact sounds.

Changelogs

FRB 2.1.5b
-Fixed mining laser tech level requirement.
-Fixed Muon Cannon tech level requirement.
-Updated some design stats descriptions so they are more useful for new players.

FRB 2.1.5
-Fixed multiplayer bug that caused crash when looking at enemy planets.
-Increased internal space of strikecrafts (cheap workaround to give them more life-time)
-Re-Enabled carriers.
-Enabled supply and spare parts bay on StrikeCrafts hulls.
-Fixed a few mistakes in the personality and design files.
-Capped AI fleet to 175 ships (more ships in a fleet is just insane and overkill).
-"Annihilate" Ai's designs works now.

FRB 2.1.4
-Space damage now armor piercing, armor no longer prevent disabled ship from taking damage.
-Disabled GlobalDamage from structures due to a base game bug; Smart weapons disabled until next patch.
-A few change to the AI so it manage it's fleet expenses better (and be able to build huge ships once in a while).
-Made some adjustments to power requirements and made Fusion and Antimatter output improve more with scale.
-Corrected a mistake in the AI that prevented early game expension rush.
-Chemical and Biological bombs are now blocked by planet shields; they won't autotarget planets until shields are down.

FRB 2.1.3b
-Fixed null pointer errors.
-Structure build rate no longer affected by shipyard.

FRB 2.1.3a
-Added a small autolabor to Capitals and cities to help planets without shipyards build up more quickly.
-A minor fix to the AI scripts.

FRB 2.1.3
-Added a park in orbit toggle on game creation (both for player and AI).
-Fixed an incorrect formula for the shipbays.
-Fixed a major bug with the new repair scripts.
-Fixed Engines that use power combined with backup power; they would not work properly so now backup power don't reduce power cost, just base requirements.
-We can now capture Remnant gates with boarding pods.
-Fixed droid bay formula; now provide intended amount of droids.
-Added Exo Troops (formely known as Power Troopers)
-Updated boarding script to use Droids and Exo Troops as alternate boarding parties.
-Removed old icons that are no longer used to save space.
-Fixed inconsistancies in crew/troops/sentry etc regeneration.
-Fixed dodging script: ships could reach 100% dodge at high level, meaning that non-beam/AEO weapons could never hit them
-Boarding parties can now be used as tools (like in vanilla)
-Fixed Pirate looters and Pillagers, "defend" was missing from them, they never attacked planet unless they repaired a ship nearby.
-Added Food Bays
-Halved cargo storages on ships, haulers and stations could carry way too much (Vanilla had reduced them long ago).
-Fixed a few mistakes in the automatic governor; some modifiers were not properly set, causing some weird choices.
-Adjusted consumption and storage.
-Removed planets from super giants and red giants; colonizers (and other ships) often could not reach them because they orbited too fast.
-Removed Carrier designs from AI's lineup until i can fix the fighter launch issue (ie fighter launching while the carrier try to leave the system).

FRB 2.1.2
-Fixed an error that made crew quarters hold half the crew they should have.
-Fixed a bug with homeworlds that would have no HP besides it's structures.
-Fixed some bug in map generation that made planets orbit slower than ships around the star(s).
-Fixed several designs that had too much crew quarters becuase of above quirks.
-Fixed some issues with map generation.
-Increased AI's odds of making fighters for defense.
-Halved fuel storage on engines.
-Now ships require supplies to operate; larger ships can use green bays that deal with it, but smaller ships (read fighters) must restock. This provide a good
reason to use carriers.
-Fixed layout so Battery powered ships don't cause errors, just a warning.
-Fixed an error that prevented the detailed statistics from telling the charge time.
-Fixed traits not being loaded by personalities (had disabled it by mistake).
-Repairs now cost parts to perform. Parts are partially generated during repair (recycling), but to refil the stores, you need a factory.
-Added some randomness in repair rates and cost.
-Added new space based factories; Auxiliaries for fleet support ships, Spare Parts Factory for space stations and industrial ships.
-Changed the formula for storage (cargo, fuel); the ones i was using made storage too efficient too quickly.
-Added specialized storage for Adv parts, Electronics, metals and Ore (more options for designs).
-Enabled the droids bay (it was there, but would not unlock due to not being finished).
-The Repair gun was broken; it was healing the owner rather than the target. Fixed now.
-Greatly reduced power cost of charging shields.
-Removed power cost penality for larger scale weapons.
-Increased crew reduction from Quantum computers.
-Improved efficiency of all generators (because they used much more fuel than engines, and that felt wrong).
-Changed Engine catalyst trait: now provide 25% boost, and 15% decrease in consuption (won't empty fuel tank as fast).
-Greatly improved map generation script.
-Added some traits, removed the terraform one (did not like that one, besides who actually use that in my mod?).
-Added new star colors (reflect more real stars color for their temperature).
-Added new star systems with descriptions. Trinary systems!

FRB 2.1.1
-Changed formulas of several subsystems for one that is less complex and does the right thing.
-Fixed shield recharge rate that was increasing faster than the shield charger with scale.
-Added some odds planet's may be generated without ore at all.
-Fixed conditions colors; the new conditions were all showing as red, now some of them are green (i had not realized i had to set the color).
-Added a few planet conditions.
-Extended magazines no longer makes dual gauss/rails shoot more rounds.
-Added Gauss Storm Cannon.
-Added a boarding pod design to the aggressor personality.
-Reordered and fixed governor's build queues, updated galactopedia so we know what they do (was long overdue).
-Added new governors: Mining World (metal world no longer build mines, just foundries), Factory World (All 3 resources, nothing else), Tech World (elect and adv parts).
-Improved automatic governor selection, now much more efficient and use all governors and planet's conditions.
-Fixed a few issues with localization.
-Fixed an issue with AI's mining barge (they were supplying each others instead of dumping it on planets).

FRB 2.1.0(a)
-Fixed population display that was hidden by shields on planet info.
-Fixed some hulls absorbtion % that were above 100%.
-Updated help info about boarding modifier.
-Added a few techs to the boarding modifier.
-Reordered some layout stats info for easier reference.
-Fixed detailled power usage stats: now display power usage per seconds along how much power is produced and available charge.
-Fixed consumption stats of several sybsystems.
-Removed power/control requirements from linked subsystems (all but the compressor and hardener): they are considered permanent mods and redirect damage to the
linked subsystem (thus can only be destroyed after the weapon). They no longer shield subsystems beneat them.
-Adjusted some links effects and removed hitpoints from links (they never get hit under new system anyway).
-Reduced ore found on planets; was set a bit too high (was due to the enlargement of planets in previous versions).
-Fixed crew/troop quarters capacity; the formula i was using was buggy, returned to stock until i can find a better formula.

FRB 2.0.9
-Added impact sounds.
-Increased volume of certain weapon sounds.
-Fixed station hull issues.
-Fixed particle beams (hard beam and such), they were doing immediate damage instead of over time (silly mistake).
-Returned crew, air and control as balance (ie negative or positive). Power i still need to find a proper system.
-Fixed combat thrusters restrictions.
-Added "PowerUse" to subsystems lacking it so average power is more accurate.
-Fixed a few "PowerUse" formula that reported higher consumption than in reality.
-Updated help infos.
-Fixed all power formulas so the displayed stats are accurate (at least, hope so).

FRB 2.0.8
-Added missing tag to Heavy Fighter Hull
-Re-ordered some of designs stats so more important stats are shown up the list.
-Fixed several ship designs (Player and AI).
-Fixed reported power use (was reverted on some subsystems).

FRB 2.0.7
-Added buildbay tag back to construction bay so it can have all the features vanilla ones have.
-Fixed coolant turning weapon range to negative : now reduce it to max 60% of original range.
-Coolant no longer increase ammo consumtion; only power use (since all weapons that can be cooled use power now).
-Station hulls no longer have the no engine warning.
-Added Spinal Mount hull.
-Removed spinal mount info for hulls that no longer can mount them (forgot about it when i disabled it).
-Fixed hull cost: heavier hulls were cheaper than those that were meant to be cheap. They now properly scale.
-Doubled all orbital factories output. They are now more vulnerable to attacks though.
-Fixed orbital factory cost increase with level : now the same as structures (was set too high).
-Removed system base size multiplier i had set; made system way too large.
-Changed the stealth hull: Now much better at evading damage but has restriction to armor and can't use shields (make sense).
-Rockets and artilleries no longer have bonuses against evasion (stealth fields, manouvring jets).
-Fighter sized hulls now get an increased max scale with level (+20% of base scale per level).
-Added Corvette hull : A larger fighter hull with a high damage soak to it's hull, making it resilient to small arms.
-Fixed a few oddities in hull stats.
-Adjusted restriction on Fighter sized hulls.
-Added new detailed stats for power and ammo use.

FRB 2.0.6
-Updated to 1.1.0.0
-Fixed another set of errors with some ship designs.
-Improved boarding mechanics.
-Re-ordered layout stats so they are easier to read.
-Updated remnant Capital to FRB specs.
-Fixed planet's ore display.
-Boarding defenses work differently; they now have sentry guns that crew can destroy during boarding (and of course, be killed by).
-Crew, Troops, Sentry Guns etc can be taken out if the subsystem that hold them or use them is hit, not mere hits to the hull like previously.
-Added new layout icons
-Increased mind sapper and reverse inductor power (were too weak to be useful).
-Revamped layout displayed data : there is a lot more there now, more useful.
-Omega bombs now use power when shot.
-Added Positron Torpedo.
-Adjusted control value of bridges and computers; they no longer get an extra increase with scale.
-Reduced Omega Bomb damage, was way too high.
-Changed how control is generated so it can be drained like power.
-Serious revamp of power and control requirements; now stats displayed are much more useful and accurate.
-Repair Gun now require control instead of crew as in vanilla (make sense you don't need it manned when it can be done from control room).
-Fixed a bug with the crew requirements : the displayed req was twice what the game was actually using.
-Now projectile weapons like gauss and rail use some power when they fire.

Note : Earlier version changes can be read in the changelog.txt file bundled in the mod.

Edit : Removed the old pictures, they were seriously outdated. Will post new ones in the next few days.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 01:27:33 PM by Foraven »
Maker of FRB mod.

Dadekster

• Distracted
    • View Profile
Re: FRB for Star Ruler.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »
I look forward to your mod, you've got some great ideas.

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 10:24:45 PM »
I look forward to your mod, you've got some great ideas.

I'm still experimenting with the values, but i made some progress. My concern right now is the governors's build queues and the AI's designs. I also added informations about the planetary structures like how much they can hold or resources, fuel and ammos. I haven't found how to display the current value though, so i can't tell how much is actually stored and where.
Maker of FRB mod.

Dadekster

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:27:52 PM »
I need to learn how to mod, I've got all sorts of ideas, but no clue how to mod. I work 12 hours a day so that doesn't help either.

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 11:40:05 AM »
I need to learn how to mod, I've got all sorts of ideas, but no clue how to mod. I work 12 hours a day so that doesn't help either.

Well, post them away, i will be able to tell you if they can be done. I might do them if they are good.
Maker of FRB mod.

Dadekster

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »
Well tbh a lot of them are just things BMS just hasn't had the time to get to/and/or put into the game  :) other things are just what I would like to see due to my play style which is based on games I have played beforehand as well as ideas I have seen floated in various spots in these forums. But to give you an idea.

1. One I would like to see is making your race only able to colonize certain planets, same with the AI, with some perfering planets similar to your own and others not. Nothing new here, pretty typical for any 4X game.

2. Unit cap based on economics/resources. This should be variable so players can tailor a game to their PC spec's. If you have a PC that can run thousands of systems with thousands of ships in each system + associated calculations needed, knock yourself out. Others can do 4 systems with 4 planets each and have a much more tactical level game if that's all their PC can handle or what their reflexes and willpower can handle  ;). Mostly this is something tied to ore or certain things ships need to be built. The less you have, the less ships can be built. I would also cap it at a steady rate so that you never run out so this allows constant warfare. It would just be constant warfare with a certain amount of units which of course could be expanded based on tech etc.

3. More missle techs, plus sensor, EW and ECW techs.

4. More ore/gas types that are seeded randomly on planets/asteriods. These would be hotly contested zones in that while they aren't game breakers if you don't have any, they are nice to have to boost production of certain ships and to be used as bargaining tools in diplomacy/trade.

4. Newtonian physics to apply outside of systems 100% (to still allow relatively quick system to system travel) and tuned down a bit once inside a system, this would require quite a bit of fiction to explain of course. It would require some fine tuning of ships for system warfare vs deep space warfare though (also more subs/techs specific to inner/outter system warfare). I can visualize carriers getting more use in that they would ferry system type ships/fighters for the system fighting/planet sieging. It does add another excuse to build really big ships as well to make this happen however and these carrier/motherships would make for huge tactical targets in systems. I would like to see ships in system slowed down though to give a more tactical feel and with smaller numbers it would be fun imo ;)

That's it for now, have other ideas but I'll pause for a bit.  ;D

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 03:38:59 PM »
Well tbh a lot of them are just things BMS just hasn't had the time to get to/and/or put into the game  :) other things are just what I would like to see due to my play style which is based on games I have played beforehand as well as ideas I have seen floated in various spots in these forums. But to give you an idea.

1. One I would like to see is making your race only able to colonize certain planets, same with the AI, with some perfering planets similar to your own and others not. Nothing new here, pretty typical for any 4X game.

Well, the support for that hasn't been coded in yet, better wait for the dev to do it for now.

2. Unit cap based on economics/resources. This should be variable so players can tailor a game to their PC spec's. If you have a PC that can run thousands of systems with thousands of ships in each system + associated calculations needed, knock yourself out. Others can do 4 systems with 4 planets each and have a much more tactical level game if that's all their PC can handle or what their reflexes and willpower can handle  ;). Mostly this is something tied to ore or certain things ships need to be built. The less you have, the less ships can be built. I would also cap it at a steady rate so that you never run out so this allows constant warfare. It would just be constant warfare with a certain amount of units which of course could be expanded based on tech etc.

I scanned the files and for now i see no way to implement that without some major coding/scripting. I'm not sure how the AI handle ship building, only that it uses pre-made ship layout and pick them according to it's need. I can mess with the ship layout and add more variety of ships and sizes, just not what it will pick and how many. I'm not even sure if the AI keep track of how many it has already built.

3. More missle techs, plus sensor, EW and ECW techs.

Adding new devices is in the realm of possible. More engine types, more weapons and modifiers... The only limit is the effects; can't add something that has not been implemented yet, but can make variants of what is already there.

4. More ore/gas types that are seeded randomly on planets/asteriods. These would be hotly contested zones in that while they aren't game breakers if you don't have any, they are nice to have to boost production of certain ships and to be used as bargaining tools in diplomacy/trade.

Might be possible, but a lot of work since we need to add UI and make use of the new resources.

4. Newtonian physics to apply outside of systems 100% (to still allow relatively quick system to system travel) and tuned down a bit once inside a system, this would require quite a bit of fiction to explain of course. It would require some fine tuning of ships for system warfare vs deep space warfare though (also more subs/techs specific to inner/outter system warfare). I can visualize carriers getting more use in that they would ferry system type ships/fighters for the system fighting/planet sieging. It does add another excuse to build really big ships as well to make this happen however and these carrier/motherships would make for huge tactical targets in systems. I would like to see ships in system slowed down though to give a more tactical feel and with smaller numbers it would be fun imo ;)

I personally would not want that. I like real physics, most games add drag to make it simple. I can suggest though that if you have problems with larger ships drifting too much due to their mass, reduce the amount/size of engines. Larger ships don't need to move as fast, and that free space for more devices and weapons/armor.
Maker of FRB mod.

Dadekster

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 04:28:17 PM »
Agreed on all points.  :)

Never really thought about it that way on the last one, but good point. I am hoping someone forces me to have to make that choice though. ;) Right now everything just zooms. Maybe a change in how much power the power plants put out would help? Either give useful power to engines or guns, but not both.

SpardaSon21

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 05:13:33 PM »
Any chance of making a copy of the Liir stutterwarp drive that requires a ton of power but no fuel and gives high acceleration and a miss chance?  Something like that would of course most likely require an advanced knowledge of spatial dynamics, gravitics, and general sciences.
Peace is not about having a bigger stick than the other guy.  Peace is about beating the other guy with your bigger stick until he submits to your benevolent rule.

-Frequent forumite and player of both Sword of the Stars and Sins of a Solar Empire.

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »
Any chance of making a copy of the Liir stutterwarp drive that requires a ton of power but no fuel and gives high acceleration and a miss chance?  Something like that would of course most likely require an advanced knowledge of spatial dynamics, gravitics, and general sciences.

Yes, i think it's possible to do just that with the existing code. The only issue is i can't make it newton-less, it will still accelerate and slow down like every other ships. Would be hard to balance though. But i'm not ready to add new components just yet.
Maker of FRB mod.

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 08:52:35 PM »
I think it is possible to make planet's structure consume something to stay online. I toyed with making them consume a small fraction of what a planet produce, but soon realized it was a bad idea. As soon as construction empty the stores, all structures that consumed resources shut down and it's pretty hard to turn them back on (now that would cripple the AI quick). On other hand i could make planets use power, and tie planet defense and key structure like spaceport and shipyards to it so when a planet drain it's power defending itself, it has economic consequences (and open it for further damage). I could tie colony's self repair to it too...

Yup, lots of stuff to experiment with.
Maker of FRB mod.

Dadekster

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 09:43:09 PM »
That's pretty darn clever.

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 11:33:24 PM »
That's pretty darn clever.

I tend to have original ideas  ;D. It gets way better as i get to understand how a game works  8).
Maker of FRB mod.

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
Re: FRB for Star Ruler (WIP).
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »
I'm waiting for the new patch, it will make things a lot more fun and easier for me too.
Maker of FRB mod.

Dadekster

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 06:31:21 PM »
Waiting patiently. They say good things come to those who wait.  :)

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »
I'm an impatient man, i'm still modding anyway :P. I will release something soon.
Maker of FRB mod.

SpardaSon21

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 09:55:38 PM »
Since SR supports custom damage types, would it be possible for you to make a beam weapon that ignores shields?  You could also add in a shielded plasma weapon for an armor-ignoring projectile weapon, and throw a gluon cannon in there as well for a shield-penetrating projectile weapon.

Or you could just borrow ideas from SotS like I am doing. ;D
Peace is not about having a bigger stick than the other guy.  Peace is about beating the other guy with your bigger stick until he submits to your benevolent rule.

-Frequent forumite and player of both Sword of the Stars and Sins of a Solar Empire.

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 10:34:24 PM »
Since SR supports custom damage types, would it be possible for you to make a beam weapon that ignores shields?  You could also add in a shielded plasma weapon for an armor-ignoring projectile weapon, and throw a gluon cannon in there as well for a shield-penetrating projectile weapon.

Or you could just borrow ideas from SotS like I am doing. ;D

My understanding of this game code isn't of that caliber yet, we will see in a few weeks.
Maker of FRB mod.

erdrik

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 03:10:28 PM »

Yes to all.
Im already tinkering with this. You can even make each armor and shielding have different resistances to the different types of damage.

Heck thanks to the script-ability of it you could even have a damage type force a Reactor explosion if the struck ship has a specific subsystem on board.
As just one example. You could pretty much do almost anything.
(within reasonable CPU strain of course)

Erdrik's Mods:
Refuel Auto-Pilot

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »
Yeah, this game is amazingly mod friendly. It will take me a while to figure out what i can do with it, i only recently started playing it, let alone mod it...
Maker of FRB mod.

SpardaSon21

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 09:09:12 PM »
Yeah, SR is awesome.  That's why I'm wondering why TrashMan hasn't bought it yet so he can rant at the developers about why he doesn't like it.

Tkins

• Star Ruler Tester (Group 2)
  • Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 09:10:44 PM »
Yeah, SR is awesome.  That's why I'm wondering why TrashMan hasn't bought it yet so he can rant at the developers about why he doesn't like it.

What about canadaman!? Where's he at?

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 09:29:16 PM »

We need people who can make 3d models. The plus side is good models are likely to become official, the devs are more than willing to add new arts from modders...
Maker of FRB mod.

ARGH1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »
I've got some 3d modeling software. Would Carrera 5 pro be considered good for modeling SR?

Steiner

• Star Ruler Tester (Group 2)
  • Delusional
  • Magnetize, Magnetize!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 10:05:40 AM »
I think the result is more important then the software used to create it. If you can do ships with it that look great, do it already!  ;D

Current Version: 1.5.1 for SR v.1.0.6.2

ARGH1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 11:14:40 AM »
I think the result is more important then the software used to create it. If you can do ships with it that look great, do it already!  ;D

Alright I'll give it a try.  :)

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 11:03:53 PM »
Well ARGH1, you could try to model pirates and remnants first; fewer models to make.
Maker of FRB mod.

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 11:59:28 PM »
I finally found how to make larger than fighter ships have a dodge chance scaling with their size. Work well but i'm still fine tuning this. Once i'm done i may release it (probably tomorrow). My next plan is to add a lot of AI's layout for it's ships to give players a run for their money  ;D.
Maker of FRB mod.

Foraven

• Delusional
    • View Profile
Re: FRB for Star Ruler (WIP) 0.5.
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »
Released my first version. Lots of good mods out there, not sure if mine has anything special going for it, we will see.
Maker of FRB mod.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
Re: FRB for Star Ruler (WIP) 0.5.
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »
Released my first version. Lots of good mods out there, not sure if mine has anything special going for it, we will see.

Not sure if I'll have time to test your mod myself, but I say: Keep going!
The least you can, and will, always achieve is inspiring others. The best is creating a great mod that many people will enjoy. I say that's a win-win situation for the community as a whole, don't you agree? ;D

From what I've seen, your changes to the game seem very plausible and enjoyable. A few of those (increased HP for planetary structures and ship subsystems) are things that'll be in the next version of Galactic Armory, as well. Although I was being lazy compared to you and only changed almost all of them with a multiplier instead of fleshing out the differences between them.

See? Definately a plus for your mod. :)