Author Topic: v1.0.8.0 → v1.0.8.2 Changelog (Releasing)  (Read 21859 times)

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
v1.0.8.0 → v1.0.8.2 Changelog (Releasing)
« on: June 28, 2011, 09:16:17 AM »
Live Patch Notes for version 1.0.8.2
Download 1.0.8.0 → 1.0.8.2
Previous Patch: 1.0.7.8 → 1.0.8.0

Changes: Final
[Fixed] Taking over planets from AIs would sometimes prevent the planet from importing a particular resource.
[Fixed] Deleting a savegame deleted the wrong entry in the list.
[Fixed] Opening the options menu twice at the same time from the escape menu would crash the game.
[Fixed] Attractors did not function.
[Fixed] Dry Docks building other orbiting objects now no longer teleport some of those to close orbit around the sun.
[Fixed] You couldn't access a mod's effects in the particle editor.
[Fixed] Loading a game for multiplayer would allow clients to join the empire the host was controlling.
[Fixed] Effector data mismatch error could occur when loading saves with accented characters in blueprint names.
[Fixed] Jump Drives would sometimes retain orders in their previous system after jumping, causing them to fly back.
[Fixed] AIs would propose treaties involving goods and luxuries to empires with the "Eusocial Society" trait.
[Changed] AIs in the tutorial will no longer declare war on the player themselves.
[Changed] Updated French community translation. Thanks Mikey5887!
[Changed] Planet conditions are now tinted green or red according to whether they are beneficial or harmful.
[Changed] System rings are now off by default (replaced by the new information on the system plane).
[Changed] The system plane is now colorized to the color of the dominant empire in that system.
[Changed] The total available slots on a planet can now be seen after a system is explored, even if you no longer have vision.
[Changed] Using the right click menu to build ships now builds those ships on all selected planets or dry docks.
[Changed] Explicitly ordering tools to fire now works when the ship is on 'Hold Fire' stance.
[Changed] Boarding Parties can be explicitly fired from the right click menu, letting you set 'Hold Fire' and board without destroying the other ship.
[Changed] The Directed Spatial Manipulator no longer fires independently, but must be ordered from the right click menu to prevent wasting shots on insignificant targets.
[Changed] Updated Polish community translation. Thanks maxi!
[Balance] Halve all planetary damage reduction.
[Balance] Halve population reproduction rates.
[Balance] Halve population reproduction rates again when the planet is under attack.
[Balance] Decreased hull absorption rates to 30%/50%/70% for Light/Medium/Heavy hull respectively.
[Balance] Buff boarding defense.
[Added] Players can now toggle planets to allow or disallow importing or exporting resources.
[Added] Detonating the quasar now creates a chain reaction that causes most of the stars in the galaxy to be destroyed over time.
[Added] Added option to keep the mouse cursor in the window.
[Added] Added compatibility option for Intel Integrated GPUs.
[Added] The system planes now display bars/pips around the edge representing the military strength of empires in that system.
[Added] When hovering over a system or star you no longer have vision over, the time since you last had intel is displayed.
[Added] Research automation checkbox: when turned on, automatically research the lowest level tech when you're not researching something else.
[Added] Right-clicking a star or system now also shows a "Build Ships on All..." option.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:59:44 PM by GGLucas »

Hazzard

• Distracted
    • View Profile
Re: Live Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:32:30 AM »
SWEET >:D

So could you theoretically move all of your planets to outer systems using planetary thrusters, and then detonate the Quasar?

sirrobdsm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »

[Added] Detonating the quasar now creates a chain reaction that causes most of the stars in the galaxy to be destroyed over time.

Quasar/Qwaser is the Large middle sun thing ?

Wait Stars can be killed ? ( i need a Star Killer Design/Scale )

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
[Added] Players can now toggle planets to allow importing or exporting resources individually.

Are the flags for this available via scripts or is it hard coded?

Also sounds good so far.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 09:37:39 AM »
Quote from: Hazzard
So could you theoretically move all of your planets to outer systems using planetary thrusters, and then detonate the Quasar?

Yep. Although the amount of hitpoints on the quasar are not something to be taken lightly.

Quote from: sirrobdsm
Quasar/Qwaser is the Large middle sun thing ?

Yes.

Wait Stars can be killed ? ( i need a Star Killer Design/Scale )

Indeed they can. Why else would they have hitpoints? :P

Quote from: Azalrion
Are the flags for this available via scripts or is it hard coded?

They're actually kept in a state and implemented in planet.as, so yes, scriptable.

Davor

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
I can't believe what you guys are doing. I swear you guys are adding expansion stuff into your patches now.

Was this your original intent of the game, that you are still adding now? If so, I can't wait for an expansion of this game.

sirrobdsm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:53:19 AM »
I can't believe what you guys are doing. I swear you guys are adding expansion stuff into your patches now.

Was this your original intent of the game, that you are still adding now? If so, I can't wait for an expansion of this game.

I think they will run out of ideas before releaseing a exp pack at this rate of addding things into the game

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:03:54 AM »
Lucas that's excellent about the flags thank you very much.

Most of it I believe is still original intent, long story but they released the game a while back to start bringing in revenue and told the customers "it will be worked on until its completed", and BMS have done just that.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 10:09:36 AM »
Quote from: Davor

It depends on the features. Having the quasar explosion create a chain reaction like that was something we've been wanting to put in since release, we just never got to it. Other features are just things we come up with in discussions that we feel would be nice additions to the game.

I think they will run out of ideas before releaseing a exp pack at this rate of addding things into the game

Yes, that is a concern when releasing patches. Rest assured though, if we do release a paid expansion pack (which we haven't decided on yet), it would be a large one that contained many big changes. Think of things like scenarios/campaigns or being able to zoom in and pilot your ships around (a personal favourite of mine, but don't tell Reaper, it makes him despair). Since we haven't decided on or investigated the viability of doing those things yet, it's all still up in the air.

XTRMNTR2K

• Modder Extraordinaire
  • Delusional
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »

Hell yeah! So, given a sufficiently high tech level, you can decide to make everyone lose in case of a stalemate. Triggering the apocalypse has always been a favorite option of mine. :D

Think of things like scenarios/campaigns or being able to zoom in and pilot your ships around (a personal favourite of mine, but don't tell Reaper, it makes him despair). Since we haven't decided on or investigated the viability of doing those things yet, it's all still up in the air.

Whoa, I'd kill for this feature. No, really. I think it was back in Homeworld: Cataclysm where you could at least jump to an FPS-view of your ships. That was cool. Sadly, controlling them was impossible from that perspective.

That said, I think it is probably out of the question due to technical reasons. But if it is possible and you decided to develop it... Needless to say I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Unreal2004GF

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »
Is there going to be a shader fix for intel cards in the next patch?

Deantwo

• Distracted
  • Foxes in space
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 11:31:24 AM »
Changes: Not Final
[Added] Players can now toggle planets to allow or disallow importing or exporting resources.
mmh... how does/will this work? we are able to control every resource by them self? or only one?

like can i make a planet unable to exporting Metals... and not importing Adv. Parts... and the like? control for each resource? importing or/and exporting?   :-\
-----------------------
"DarkAngel: for me Star Ruler at first sounded like a game where you play with music and have to reach a score"

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 11:35:50 AM »
Quote from: Deantwo
mmh... how does/will this work? we are able to control every resource by them self? or only one?

To avoid unnecessary micromanagement right now you can only toggle import and export for all resources at the same time. So there's an "Allow Import" and an "Allow Export" checkbox on the economy tab.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:43:54 AM by Thy Reaper »

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »
Is there going to be a shader fix for intel cards in the next patch?

Yes, I'm working on a little extra logic for materials to make it work, but it should be in for the patch.

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
  [Added] Detonating the quasar now creates a  chain reaction that causes most of the stars in the galaxy to be  destroyed over time.

It will be interesting sight. All galaxy vanishing in matter of seconds. I guess the player will loose the game.
 BTW, these new main themes songs made by shojin would better fit the game in my opinion.

Yugiwill100

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 02:03:15 PM »
So when destroying the quasar will it have a similar affect that destroying a star does to a solar system? Slow ripple effect of basically the equlivent of radiation expanding out from the core blowing up the closest system star's which in turn cause's a chain reaction?

Firgof

• BMS Administrator
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »
Yep.
"Now it will punish you"

Orkel

• Star Ruler Tester (Group 2)
  • Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 02:51:30 PM »
How fast is it?

Firgof

• BMS Administrator
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 02:52:42 PM »
Takes several minutes to reach the galactic edge (on 150 Systems that is)
"Now it will punish you"

Unreal2004GF

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »
Yes, I'm working on a little extra logic for materials to make it work, but it should be in for the patch.

Great!!!  Also if you need someone with Intel Integrated Graphics to test the patch before its out (that is if you dont have the equipment to do it, though I doubt that) I will gladly test the new settings out to help.  You guys are one company I LOVE!!  You actually listen to the people that pay your bills!!!  Thats a rare trait these days (think EA to get my drift).  I have only had one other game/company provide such great customer support and the ability to actually speak to the developers and I hope this never changes :D  If/When there is ever an expansion I will gladly pay for it to keep you guys going, this is where, when the product and support is great, that I do not mind shelling out my cash for things that make it better.  Keep it going!!! :D :D :D

colonyan

• Distracted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »
Good to see more new patches after all I've been seen last couples of month.

But SALES IS AT ABOVE 30 K !! :o Already!

Hope this get sold steady more months, years to come.

Bartje

• Star Ruler Beta Tester
  • Distracted
  • -=Lex Generale=-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 03:29:25 PM »
I agree, you guys must be excited and proud. Any news on what's in the pipeline? Maybe a special treat for when it hits 50.000?

Ius Naturale

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 03:40:26 PM »
Right now we're working on things for the retail release. We'll continue to release patches through July, but August we'll hold off, as that's when we send off the Gold Master, and hopefully when we'll be at Gamescom. After that, we're not sure exactly what we'll be doing.

GGLucas

• Dr. Evil
  • BMS Staff
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 04:11:51 PM »
We've been working on conveying the information that was previously in the system rings on only the plane, and removing the system rings. At the same time we wanted to create a strength indicator for the empires in the system. Here's a preview of what that will likely look like:

Zoomed out: The planes are colored to whichever empire is dominant in them, and the bars around the outer edge display the strength of that empire.

Up close the bars get divided into pips. The pips are a logarithmic scale with base 2: that is, each subsequent pip is twice the value of the previous pip. This is the only way to display information ranging from single-digit scales to into the millions effectively. (We decided on a linear scale after all, making the pips represent more scale as technology goes up)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 04:01:49 PM by GGLucas »

mecharm

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 04:50:42 PM »
That is awesome! Pretty too!

Airith

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 09:42:53 PM »

[Fixed] Deleting a savegame deleted the wrong entry in the list.
:o
[Changed] Planet conditions are now tinted green or red according to whether they are beneficial or harmful.
This is a nice addition, was actually thinking about this a few days ago.
Very useful for when you've messed up your economy.
It's the little things that make this game awesome :D
Woot! I hated crashing when I started up the wrong graphics card. I finally switched the default to the Nvidia but I guess I'll have to check out how the Intel holds up.

Unreal2004GF

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 11:17:55 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks!!! :D :D :D

maxi

• Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 05:46:46 AM »
I'm wondering what was happening with shaders on these GPUs? Also what this compatibility option will do?

Thy Reaper

• BMS Lead Developer
  • BMS Administrator
  • Hopeless
    • View Profile
    • Blind Mind Studios
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 08:50:54 AM »
I'm wondering what was happening with shaders on these GPUs? Also what this compatibility option will do?

Intel Integrated GPUs don't correctly implement GLSL, the shading language that makes the effects that go bad. The options disables the effected shaders and falls back to simpler graphics for those effects.

Someone_From_The_Dark

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »
Changes: Not Final
[Changed] System rings are now off by default (replaced by the new information on the system plane).
[Changed] The system plane is now colorized to the color of the dominant empire in that system.
[Added] The system planes now display bars/pips around the edge representing the military strength of empires in that system.
[Added] When hovering over a system or star you no longer have vision over, the time since you last had intel is displayed.

And so, this game has just taken priority over my well-being.