Author Topic: Bandaid's Suggestions Thread  (Read 1024 times)

halfabandaid

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Bandaid's Suggestions Thread
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »
First off let me say that I am making this thread so that any suggestions I have towards the development of GA are centralized and easy to find.

So, as for my first suggestion, I recommend that you implement some time of maximum speed mechanic that is influenced by gravics or something. What it would be is that all ships have a "Max" speed which after a ship achieves (or slightly surpasses) they stop using their engine until they reach their destination. If you want you could even set this as a AI setting and not have it as a limiter to gameplay.

I've just always found it silly that your ships would always do a hard burn from system to system.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:05:30 PM by Azalrion »

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »
The whole reason we moved to a sub forum was so it wasn't in one big mega thread which is what we used to have. A separate topic for each suggestion allows them to be kept in mind easier and discussed easier instead of being dragged off into new discussions.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

halfabandaid

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:40:19 AM »
This isn't for anything specific, this is for a "hey, I think this would be cool, but it doesn't really relate to anything else I see presently" kind of thing. As I said, this is mainly so I can keep my ideas centralized, as opposed to every time I think of a cool idea (imo) that doesn't directly relate to something that is already present as a thread, I can just tack it on here as opposed to making new threads.

Should people attach to an idea and actually find interest, then I will gladly throw it into a seperate thread. I just don't want to take up the entirety of a page or two of the forum with threads titled Suggestion:idea and only one post in them.

For example,

Sub-System Idea
Ship Catapult - Attaches to a ship bay and when ships are undocked, sets the ships speed to that of the ship it is undocking from + a fixed amount based on size.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:57:35 AM by halfabandaid »

halfabandaid

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 01:41:45 PM »
Menu Suggestion:

A toggle which unlocks all Weapons and Techs, but it DOES NOT set your tech level. What I mean by this is a check mark which will automatically let you use weapons and such that are normally high level tech, but the technology that goes into the is still with the level 1 benefit.

halfabandaid

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »
Substem Modifier

Private HeatSink.

A heat sink which can be attached to things that generate heat that will fill up before it even starts dumping heat into the main heat pool.

Meaning that any usage of the attached weapon won't affect your over all heat, great for fast firing lasers, as you can still use your slow shooting lasers while they are over heated, as opposed to being completely laser-less in the event that you make a flying slag ship from the heat that gatling lasers and such produce.

halfabandaid

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:59:17 AM »
Before I type out my next suggestion, I would like to ask if stealth works the way I believe it does. Unless I am mistaken, doesn't stealth just add a chance for attacks to miss?

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
You should really click the 'modify' link on the first post and change the title to something more appropriate  "halfbandaids ideas"  as there is no way that I (as a fellow player) is gonna bother reading anything in a thread that isnt keeping ONE issue per discussion.  The ga dev already said this too.
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.

halfabandaid

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 04:10:53 PM »
You should really click the 'modify' link on the first post and change the title to something more appropriate  "halfbandaids ideas"  as there is no way that I (as a fellow player) is gonna bother reading anything in a thread that isnt keeping ONE issue per discussion.  The ga dev already said this too.

Yea, I didn't even take it as the name could be confusing as to what the thread was being used as. As I already said to the ga dev though, if anyone actually displays any interest in one of my ideas, I will gladly make a new thread for that particular idea for discussion purposes. I just don't want to spam the forum with tons of one post threads.

halfabandaid

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: Bandaid's Suggestions Thread
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »
Subsystem Modifier:

Dedicated Ammo Cache

An ammo cache where the only thing that can draw from it is the weapon that is attached. As the proximity to the weapon is close, when the cache is destroyed, the weapon is destroyed too, however, the reload speed is also increased(slightly), since it is made to be quickly transported from the cache to the gun. Also more expensive than a normal ammo cache, and provides half of the health that the other cache does.

richardwoods

• View Profile
Re: Bandaid's Suggestions Thread
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »
"A toggle which unlocks all Weapons and Techs, but it DOES NOT set your tech level" i'd love to have that option